Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by onalark View Post
    Not dissimilar to the teasing I got when I was vegan. The worst offenders would ask if I wanted a slice of {INSERT MEATY ITEM HERE}, "pretending" they "forgot" that I was vegetarian. It always made me want to slap them around a little, but I would just remind them I didn't eat X and Y and life would go on.

    Of course, they're still doing it, just with bread now. "Sure you don't want this sandwich?" No, really, I don't.

    Veganism may not have been good for me health-wise, but it did help two things: how to live without cheese, and how to put up with the passive aggressive food bullshit of others.
    Say "yes" to the sandwich then throw the bread away and eat the meat and salad.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
      Say "yes" to the sandwich then throw the bread away and eat the meat and salad.
      I would have if I hadn't been grilling a 12 oz steak that day.

      Maybe that's what it was. STEAK ENVY.
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

      Comment


      • besides its not the flour in the croissant that's good its all the butter.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by EricS View Post
          besides its not the flour in the croissant that's good its all the butter.
          +1 Agreed!
          "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
          "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
          If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

          beachrat's new primal journal

          Comment


          • The day I took my SAT, I had been on the diet for about three weeks. That morning, my dad stopped at Chick-fil-a for breakfast (it's basically the best southern food in the world--just mostly un-primal. ), where I usually get the chargrilled chicken salad, which is almost the only thing primal on the menu.
            Dad: I'm going to encourage you to break your diet this morning. Science has proven that grains are a 'brain food' and I want you to do your best.
            I ended up getting the salad and getting a 2140 on the SAT. For those that don't know, that's really, really good.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Aly View Post
              Dad: I'm going to encourage you to break your diet this morning. Science has proven that grains are a 'brain food' and I want you to do your best.
              I ended up getting the salad and getting a 2140 on the SAT. For those that don't know, that's really, really good.
              Actually, fat is a brain food.

              I kicked ass on my SATs 25 years ago, but that doesn't mean the food I ate (Carnation Instant Breakfast) was good for me.
              Durp.

              Comment


              • Y'know, I don't think I ate breakfast before the SAT. Got a lowly 1400 (out of 1600, back then, only Verbal and Math.)
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

                Comment


                • Friends commenting on how awesome this is:
                  Artificial pancreas being developed to ease diabetes burden

                  As awesome as putting a bandaid on a gushing carotid artery, sure!

                  I love my friends...I want them to be healthy and live long lives. It frustrates me to know that they could be free of this bullshit.
                  Steph
                  My Primal Meanderings

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by onalark View Post
                    Friends commenting on how awesome this is:
                    Artificial pancreas being developed to ease diabetes burden

                    As awesome as putting a bandaid on a gushing carotid artery, sure!

                    I love my friends...I want them to be healthy and live long lives. It frustrates me to know that they could be free of this bullshit.

                    Or i could y'know, not get diabetes in the first place. lol
                    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Nion View Post
                      Or i could y'know, not get diabetes in the first place. lol
                      Yeah, right!
                      Durp.

                      Comment


                      • I took my SAT recently and I didn't eat any breakfast before going. I was in starvation mode for the whole thing and I was very close to dying by the time I was done. My hand was shaking. My head was foggy the whole time and I couldn't think straight. "Oh, if only I had had Cheerios or something similar!"

                        Oh wait. Actually I felt fine and I got a 2170. Didn't eat lunch either.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Aly View Post
                          Science has proven that grains are a 'brain food'...
                          [citation needed]

                          Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

                          For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                          -- Blaise Pascal

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by onalark View Post
                            Friends commenting on how awesome this is:
                            Artificial pancreas being developed to ease diabetes burden

                            As awesome as putting a bandaid on a gushing carotid artery, sure!

                            I love my friends...I want them to be healthy and live long lives. It frustrates me to know that they could be free of this bullshit.
                            Sorry, but for the many people in my life that have type 1 diabetes, this new development makes me happy.
                            Calm the f**k down.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Metismomma View Post
                              Sorry, but for the many people in my life that have type 1 diabetes, this new development makes me happy.
                              You and I totally agree in that case.
                              Steph
                              My Primal Meanderings

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Nion View Post
                                Or i could y'know, not get diabetes in the first place. lol
                                The artificial pancreas sounds beyond awesome for people BORN with diabetes. It sucks that a ton of other people who could just lower their carbs and stop needing insulin will instead end up spending thousands and risking their lives.

                                But it's a really really wonderful invention for people with type-I diabetes, injured pancreases, and the like.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X