No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my mother does not for the life of her "get PB" at all. she thinks she's making a healthy dish when she cooks up her stuffed salmon (i.e. a huge mound of mayo and breadcrumbs and crabmeat atop salmon) granted, i'll give her a thumbs up for the salmon and real crabmeat but seriously...the mayo-bread concoction on top...it's the size of a softball. EEK!

I will never convince her that wheat/carbs aren't doing her any favors.

Comment

Agreed about H+B... Half their vitamin supplements are bulked out with starch and sugar as well.

Comment

Quote from a Facebook friend regarding substituting soy milk for cream in a recipe: "it also lowers the cholesterol and fat content rather than using cream."

Fat content fair enough, many people still believe that low fat is good, but I thought that by now even mainstream medicine had very much accepted that dietary cholesterol isn't bad!

Comment

H&B are terrible for anything except... actually no, they are just terrible.

Comment

gazb, you would be amazed. My friend, who is transitioning to Primal, went to get her bood taken and the doctor told her that with a total cholesterol of 300 and a perfect total to HDL ratio she has to start taking statins. Mind you, she's 35 and in a great shape. She figured right then she better keep it quite about eating tons of fat and meat.

Alright, this one isn't really funny, but last night I grabbed a copy of Women's Health and came across the article talking about dietary fat. It said that "As you all know, poly- and monosaturated fats are great for our health and you should include quite a bit of it into your diet but keep your saturated fats below 7% of your total fat intake because it is highly-dangerous all around".

I felt like writing them a hate-letter.

Comment

I went to the grocery store to buy yoghurt. Can you believe it they didn't have whole/full-fat yoghurt in the whole store? When I asked the store attendant, he goes, "No one has ever asked for that before so I don't know". He finally did find 1 tub of yoghurt, but it was a brand I don't like

Comment

Yeah, a co-worker saw me eating a full-fat yogurt long time ago and she freaked.

Comment

maba: The Stop & Shop by me doesn't carry full-fat yogurt! I don't get it.

Comment

I'm lucky to live close to a Wegmans. Seriously. It's like that store just "gets" it. It may be because they cater heavily to foodies and gourmet shoppers. Their meat section? ZOMG. Amazing.

Comment

i live 10mins from a wegman's as well. zomg love it! i agree mrd so many options it's wonderful!

Comment

Some great stories in here. I'll share mine, although it's not really funny...more like sad. My mom is pre-diabetic (might already be technically diabetic). She reads alot of books and knows that carbs convert to sugar which affects her blood sugar. She even tests herself everyday and worries about her high sugar levels. But...when I ask her why she doesn't try a low-carb Primal-type diet she says "well, maybe if I just eat more low-fat and whole grains I'll lose some weight and my blood-sugar will come down"....argh!

Comment

We got free CPK salad today at work and I am a lover of CPK (California Pizza Kitchen). But as I'm sitting looking at this salad, I realize it only has a couple cubes of white meat chicken and the rest was lettuce. I felt very unsatisfied just looking at it. So I went and heated up my shepherds pie (made with cauliflower instead of tators) and ate that instead. This was a shocking experience to me because I LOVE CPK salad. Obviously my tastes are changing.

Comment

My office mate was eatimg a pecan bun for lunch, a sweet bread roll topped with gooey sugar, butter and nuts. She said that was such a good lunch because it has great protein content from the pecan!

Comment

Right now on TV is a documentary about the evil food industry putting salt and sugar into branded cereals, and can kids cope without them....so they're giving the kids porridge instead (diet devised by a nutritionist!!) and putting on "traffic light" labels for fat, salt, and sugar.

So well-meaning, so CW, so sad

Comment

the women in my office go to WW meetings, have a freezer stocked here of Lean Cuisine meals for lunch, and gasp when they see me eating nuts and cheese

It seems they have been on the same 'diet' over a year and look the same, yet they are quick to judge me and what I eat...

Comment

Working...
                                X