No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh i marinate tough red meat to grill or stir fry it. yummy! carne asade and "chinese" beef and broccoli are two of my favorite ways to eat tough red meat. i also like to marinade thinly sliced beef heart before grilling it.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• I'm sorry, but a nice, cheap london broil marinated in red wine vinegar, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper for 2 days, then seared in olive oil and finished under a broiler until medium rare is a thing of beauty. Slice thinly, top with fresh pico de gallo and cheddar and full fat cream cheese and you have one of my favorite meals in the world. The only way you can top it is to put it on top of a bed of white rice and black beans...oh the blasphemy
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
        I'm sorry, but a nice, cheap london broil marinated in red wine vinegar, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper for 2 days, then seared in olive oil and finished under a broiler until medium rare is a thing of beauty. Slice thinly, top with fresh pico de gallo and cheddar and full fat cream cheese and you have one of my favorite meals in the world. The only way you can top it is to put it on top of a bed of white rice and black beans...oh the blasphemy
        i see no reason for an apology here... you didnt say you were using Wishbone.
        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• But soybean oil, salt, corn syrup and dehydrated garlic flakes taste so good on steak!
          Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• Best steak seasoning known to man:
            For 2 steaks
            1 head roasted garlic
            3-5 tbsp butter, melted
            2 tsp smoked sea salt
            1 tbsp black pepper

Salt and pepper the steak. Mix butter and garlic, apply evenly over steak on both sides.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
              I'm sorry, but a nice, cheap london broil marinated in red wine vinegar, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper for 2 days, then seared in olive oil and finished under a broiler until medium rare is a thing of beauty. Slice thinly, top with fresh pico de gallo and cheddar and full fat cream cheese and you have one of my favorite meals in the world. The only way you can top it is to put it on top of a bed of white rice and black beans...oh the blasphemy
              I used to marinade london broil cuts in vineger and oil....then I just started putting a dry rub on them and grilling them on the rare side and they seem to be even more tender than when I marinaded them..

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                Best steak seasoning known to man:
                For 2 steaks
                1 head roasted garlic
                3-5 tbsp butter, melted
                2 tsp smoked sea salt
                1 tbsp black pepper

Salt and pepper the steak. Mix butter and garlic, apply evenly over steak on both sides.
                Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Garlic and butter and steak? Are you talking about heaven, naiadknight?

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                  Congenital Hypothyroid
                  CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• My CW boyfriend bought Hellman's mayonnaise "with extra-virgin olive oil" because it seemed healthier

Ingredient #1: Water
                    Ingredient #2: Olive oil
                    Ingredients #3&4: Canola oil, soybean oil

I stopped reading after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jandge View Post
                      Garlic and butter and steak? Are you talking about heaven, naiadknight?
                      I'm referring to steak and/ or seafood and/ or "pasta" night at the Knight household.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• My friend Kim and I started on diets the same week: me on the PB, her on CW.
                        -a month and a half later-
                        Kim: I've lost 3 pounds. You?
                        Me: 14.
                        Kim: It's probably water weight. There's no way you could lose 14 pounds in a month and a half with only light exercise.
                        Me: lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aly View Post
                          My friend Kim and I started on diets the same week: me on the PB, her on CW.
                          -a month and a half later-
                          Kim: I've lost 3 pounds. You?
                          Me: 14.
                          Kim: It's probably water weight. There's no way you could lose 14 pounds in a month and a half with only light exercise.
                          Me: lol.
                          omg, Aly. Hope that Kim learns from your experience and goes primal.

I lost 13 pounds in a little over 2 weeks after going primal. And it was fat, not water. Keep up the good work, no matter what Kim does or says.
                          Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

• Today a cousin of my husband was asking me how I lost so much weight so fast. I told her that I don't eat sugar, grains or processed junk. We were at a celebratory luncheon for an uncle's 50th anniverary as a Catholic Missionary. They served croissants with the meal. After lunch she grinned and said, " Not to rub it in, but the croissant was delicious." I responded "Enjoy, but it's basically poison in a pretty package" We both laughed.

I get a lot of teasing of this type, but everyone is really happy to see me so healthy.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              T After lunch she grinned and said, " Not to rub it in, but the croissant was delicious." I responded "Enjoy, but it's basically poison in a pretty package" We both laughed.
                              I have been getting this pretty much constantly since I realized I am gluten intolerant. My boyfriend always feels bad when he goes "ooh the bread is warm!" but I'll try your response next time. (I try to think it but I've never said it)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                                I get a lot of teasing of this type, but everyone is really happy to see me so healthy.
                                Not dissimilar to the teasing I got when I was vegan. The worst offenders would ask if I wanted a slice of {INSERT MEATY ITEM HERE}, "pretending" they "forgot" that I was vegetarian. It always made me want to slap them around a little, but I would just remind them I didn't eat X and Y and life would go on.

Of course, they're still doing it, just with bread now. "Sure you don't want this sandwich?" No, really, I don't.

Veganism may not have been good for me health-wise, but it did help two things: how to live without cheese, and how to put up with the passive aggressive food bullshit of others.
                                Steph
                                My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Working...
                                X