Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
    Hey Rita! Robb Wolf's site. The biscuits were a little denser than flour-based ones, but the gravy was yum.

Note the cook's note. Don't use dairy with the gravy, because arrowroot and dairy do not play well. I don't know how true this is, but I didn't want to mess up my breakfast by subbing cream for the coconut milk, so I trusted the recipe and used coconut milk. Turned out great! Especially with an assertive breakfast sausage.

The Paleo Table: Biscuits & Gravy
    Great! Thanks!

It's really hard to give up something like biscuits and gravy, and even harder when there's a sentimental connection to it. I have one of those amazing boyfriends that actually enjoys doing things that make me happy, and I'd love to keep him happy too!
    Durp.

Comment

• omg, several BAGS?? oh dear. though i swear there's something addictive in those candies. i haven't had one in years and i still have to think twice when i see them.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by jandge View Post
        My cousin was admitted through the ER because his fasted blood sugar was over 600. He's in the hospital and called my mom this morning (she's been diabetic for 23 years) and got all sad about not eating his multiple bags of Werther's candies every day.

This isn't worth on entire thread, but I didn't know where else to put it. Maybe there needs to be a really really sad CW moments thread.
        Eek. That's way beyond CW. I don't think anyone in the world would recommend that one. It's so sad that people do this to themselves
        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
          Eek. That's way beyond CW. I don't think anyone in the world would recommend that one. It's so sad that people do this to themselves
          I think there's a future CW story in there though. Odds are once he's in the recovery stages (may it be soon for the sake of jandge and family) the hospital'll be feeding the cousin a high carb, low fat diet, y'know to help cure the, um, carb overdose?

Or the cousin'll get back home a-okay and then try to tell jandge that it isn't healthy to eat two eggs at once.

Comment

• wait wait wait, are you my friend sapphire_chan from over there? where things are going nuts these days? good to see you.

Comment

• Yeah, it was bags. When my mom talked to him yesterday - she kept mentioning "diet and exercise." That's a bit of a funny moment, that she didn't even know she was regurgitating CW wisdom.

I was flipping out quietly next to her, and she did a head slap 'cause she noticed what she was saying. She did get a mention of eating paleo (even though she meant PB) and our results, before anyone had come to talk to him about nutrition. Which is good, at least there's a foot in the door now. If things turn out well for him and he doesn't fight it, there's def going to be a major success story in the future for him and his family.

Or he'll go home and have diabetes and start regulating his BG with insulin. Who knows.
              Last edited by jandge; 06-18-2011, 02:59 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
              Congenital Hypothyroid
              CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• I was telling a friend today that I would be grilling my first grass-fed steak tonight, and observing how great that natural meat would taste. The response was, "Marinate it in Wishbone Italian dressing first, and it will taste even better." Arrrrgggghhhh

btw, I did manage to grill the steak between rain showers and it was superb. And no, I didn't include the dressing.
                Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
                  I was telling a friend today that I would be grilling my first grass-fed steak tonight, and observing how great that natural meat would taste. The response was, "Marinate it in Wishbone Italian dressing first, and it will taste even better." Arrrrgggghhhh

btw, I did manage to grill the steak between rain showers and it was superb. And no, I didn't include the dressing.
                  I die a little bit inside every time someone tells me to marinade meat in italian dressing

Comment

• Originally posted by jspradley View Post
                    marinade meat in italian dressing
                    This is a thing, now? WTF...

I guess maybe if it were sub-quality meat and REAL italian dressing -- you know, oil, vinegar, and spices... then it could work. But vinegar?
                    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• jange Maybe it's called Funny CW Moments because you have to laugh to keep from crying.

Comment

• i think it's advertised right on the bottle.
                        my primal journal:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• has been for 40 some odd years.

People are lazy and refuse to simply crush some garlic and salt and pepper together with some lemon zest and put that in a pat of butter on top of their steaks.... hmmm i will be back in a minute...
                          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post

I guess maybe if it were sub-quality meat and REAL italian dressing -- you know, oil, vinegar, and spices... then it could work. But vinegar?
                            We used to do it with cube steaks when I was a kid. Nowadays, I'd just make my own marinade. (Cube steak IS pretty tough.)
                            Steph
                            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post

If you have crappy quality meat, vinegar can help tenderize it. Good meat doesn't need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jspradley View Post
                                I die a little bit inside every time someone tells me to marinade meat in italian dressing
                                Red meat, no way. But I marinate chicken in home-made Italian dressing all the time.
                                My blog, The Overflowing Pantry

Primal-esque since Feb 2010
                                100% Primal since May 2011 (again)

Comment

Working...
                                X