Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
    Haha... Okay I think they were trying to be funny with you there :P
    To a certain extent she was, but she was serious about the joy of the food cancelling out any ill effects.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
      Mom: Do you want me to pick you up some pasta for when you get off the plane?
      Me: No, I'm not eating wheat or bread products, I thought I told you that?
      Mom: ...So do you want some pasta?
      Yes. Mom. Yes. Oh, I love her, but...yeah.

This was more of a problem when I was vegan. "So do you eat fish?" "...." "No?"

Now it's: "I can make you biscuits and gravy!" "...." "...oh, right."

At least she's learning. I think low-carb is easier for her to grasp since she spent a short time on Atkins along with the rest of the country in the 90s.

(I did actually make biscuits and gravy last weekend, harnessing the power of coconut flour, almond flour, and arrowroot. They were tasty!)
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• This is way past when you posted this, but what shop? In NYC and always looking for good quality meat!

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
          (I did actually make biscuits and gravy last weekend, harnessing the power of coconut flour, almond flour, and arrowroot. They were tasty!)
          Oh! Where did you get the recipe???

One of the reasons I fell in love my The Boyfriend was his incredible biscuits and sausage gravy, and I've really been missing it!
          Durp.

Comment

• When I first told my MIL that I wasn't eating wheat anymore and didn't want DS to eat wheat either, she asked if he could have a piece of bread, since it was just made with white flour, not wheat. Um, what exactly do people think white flour is made of???

Comment

• Originally posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
              When I first told my MIL that I wasn't eating wheat anymore and didn't want DS to eat wheat either, she asked if he could have a piece of bread, since it was just made with white flour, not wheat. Um, what exactly do people think white flour is made of???
              The nearest I can figure, unicorn farts and magic grains.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Don't unicorns fart orgasms for virgins?
                In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• RitaRose-very nice changes showing in new tiny profile picture!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms.C View Post
                    RitaRose-very nice changes showing in new tiny profile picture!
                    Thanks!
                    Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms.C View Post
                      RitaRose-very nice changes showing in new tiny profile picture!
                      Yes, it looks like your jaw line has become much more defined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                        Yes, it looks like your jaw line has become much more defined.
                        I'm definitely keeping you guys around!

Thanks!
                        Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
                          When I first told my MIL that I wasn't eating wheat anymore and didn't want DS to eat wheat either, she asked if he could have a piece of bread, since it was just made with white flour, not wheat. Um, what exactly do people think white flour is made of???
                          "I don't know, but it's not wheat."

Celiacs don't go to that restaurant in Austin...
                          Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• So I got all excited when I heard about this organization, "White Out"
                            WhiteOut | Facebook

The doctor argues against white rice cereal for babies and declares, "Fight obesity -- let baby's first food be a real food!"

But what is the "real food" he's advocating? Whole grain rice cereal. FAIL
                            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• My cousin was admitted through the ER because his fasted blood sugar was over 600. He's in the hospital and called my mom this morning (she's been diabetic for 23 years) and got all sad about not eating his multiple bags of Werther's candies every day.

This isn't worth on entire thread, but I didn't know where else to put it. Maybe there needs to be a really really sad CW moments thread.
                              Last edited by jandge; 06-17-2011, 03:13 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                              Congenital Hypothyroid
                              CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                                Oh! Where did you get the recipe???

One of the reasons I fell in love my The Boyfriend was his incredible biscuits and sausage gravy, and I've really been missing it!
                                Hey Rita! Robb Wolf's site. The biscuits were a little denser than flour-based ones, but the gravy was yum.

Note the cook's note. Don't use dairy with the gravy, because arrowroot and dairy do not play well. I don't know how true this is, but I didn't want to mess up my breakfast by subbing cream for the coconut milk, so I trusted the recipe and used coconut milk. Turned out great! Especially with an assertive breakfast sausage.

The Paleo Table: Biscuits & Gravy
                                Steph
                                My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Working...
                                X