No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were making fried pork chops and cabbage for dinner and I ask my sister if she wants any (just in case) and she turns them down. So, I go to the freezer for ice and my sister sees corn dogs (my aunt's) and goes, "OOOOH, I'll just have one of those!" She caught me shaking my head in disbelief and I make myself say that the freezer was packed and it's to hard to get to the ice trays.

I'm totally judging my sister's choices, and she knows it.

Hey, Alex! You have a crazy sister too! Welcome to the club.
    Last edited by jandge; 06-13-2011, 07:01 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• Just overheard.
      Woman: " My 3 year old just had her first doughnut, first solid food, she prefers baby food wont eat anything else"
      Man: " You must be so proud"
      Woman:" Yes! she is costing us a fortune in baby food, she did once eat roast beef but she stopped"

and i die i little inside
      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
        Just overheard.
        Woman: " My 3 year old just had her first doughnut, first solid food, she prefers baby food wont eat anything else"
        Man: " You must be so proud"
        Woman:" Yes! she is costing us a fortune in baby food, she did once eat roast beef but she stopped"

and i die i little inside

That kid is gonna have no teeth and diabetes by 5 :<
        I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Oh, that poor baby needs GAPS so bad. I imagine there are a lot of other neurological & digestive signs co-existing, but being treated as totally separate problems.
          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• My breakfast this morning got TWO exact responses....Here was what I was cookin' up:
            Sausage patties
            Hard boiled egg
            Asparagus with butter!

The response from two coworkers I got, in two separate rooms (the kitchen and office space), was "Asparagus for breakfast?!?" Like a OMG, what blasphemy!

Meanwhile, the office is having a "goodie day" with lots of donuts, bagels, cakes...etc....

Comment

• Originally posted by Tapper View Post
              Meanwhile, the office is having a "goodie day" with lots of donuts, bagels, cakes...etc....
              WhAT are they CraZY dont they know that stuff will kill them?/
              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Office birthday party yesterday-

co-worker: "I cut you a small slice, I know you don't really eat cake."
                me: "Oh thanks, but no, I haven't even eaten lunch yet."
                2nd co-worker: "You should learn to lighten up and live a little. Don't you know that the healthiest people eat dessert first?" (WTF?? Ok....)
                me: "Um, well, I don't really like cake, I feel better when I eat good food, and I don't really want to crash this afternoon..."
                5-6 co-workers: "You don't like cake? What's wrong with you?"
                me: " "

They really jumped on me, and instead of latching on to the afternoon sugar crash, they latched onto the not liking cake. So it's ok to attack someone who doesn't eat cake, but it's not ok to politely refuse something that even the most CW person would agree is unhealthy? I'm sure I don't need to mention the difference in body compositions between me and my co-workers...
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread51572.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Tawny View Post
                  Office birthday party yesterday-

co-worker: "I cut you a small slice, I know you don't really eat cake."
                  me: "Oh thanks, but no, I haven't even eaten lunch yet."
                  2nd co-worker: "You should learn to lighten up and live a little. Don't you know that the healthiest people eat dessert first?" (WTF?? Ok....)
                  me: "Um, well, I don't really like cake, I feel better when I eat good food, and I don't really want to crash this afternoon..."
                  5-6 co-workers: "You don't like cake? What's wrong with you?"
                  me: " "

They really jumped on me, and instead of latching on to the afternoon sugar crash, they latched onto the not liking cake. So it's ok to attack someone who doesn't eat cake, but it's not ok to politely refuse something that even the most CW person would agree is unhealthy? I'm sure I don't need to mention the difference in body compositions between me and my co-workers...
                  They just jump on that because they don't wanna admit why they have that composition, lol

Comment

• This is such an entertaining thread...though somewhat scary.

The biggest CW eye rolling moment that I can think of is a tv commercial for a certain cereal, wheat coated with sugar. According to the commercial, feeding that with milk to your kids for breakfast will keep them alert and focused.

My favorite CW moment from personal experience has happened several times:
                    Other person: What are you having for dinner?
                    Me: Baked chicken.
                    Other person: Just don't eat the skin.
                    Me: Why not? That's the best part.
                    Other person: (shocked silence)
                    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

• There's nothing like being confronted with the reality that you're eating crap (and full of crap for pretending it's healthy as a "celebration") to make people hostile. I always talk about things in a way that is about me (this isn't good for me) to try to prevent this. People are constantly commenting on how good I look (I really was doing awful almost 90lbs ago) but they never want to attempt to see what it might do for them! Even friends that think they are starting to do what I do have never been to MDA to see for themselves.

Comment

• Mom: Do you want me to pick you up some pasta for when you get off the plane?
                        Me: No, I'm not eating wheat or bread products, I thought I told you that?
                        Mom: ...So do you want some pasta?

Comment

• Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
                          Mom: Do you want me to pick you up some pasta for when you get off the plane?
                          Me: No, I'm not eating wheat or bread products, I thought I told you that?
                          Mom: ...So do you want some pasta?
                          Sounds like my MIL.

Asked me if i wanted some bread, said 'I can't eat bread anymore'
                          'What about wholewheat bread?'

Me: /facepalm

Comment

• I told my co workers at lunch a few weeks ago that I didn't eat grains or beans, as they had asked why I hadn't gotten any tortillas. I told them that I did it for health reasons.
                            "Oh man, I couldn't dream of giving up bread. Sopapilla?"
                            "No, thanks."
                            "Chocolate cake?"
                            "Still has grains in it. Sorry."
                            "But the chocolate cancels out the sugar and the flour."
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              I told my co workers at lunch a few weeks ago that I didn't eat grains or beans, as they had asked why I hadn't gotten any tortillas. I told them that I did it for health reasons.
                              "Oh man, I couldn't dream of giving up bread. Sopapilla?"
                              "No, thanks."
                              "Chocolate cake?"
                              "Still has grains in it. Sorry."
                              "But the chocolate cancels out the sugar and the flour."

Ow, science hurts. lol

Comment

• Haha... Okay I think they were trying to be funny with you there :P

Comment

Working...
                                X