No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Egyptians ate more fruit and vegetables and less meat than we do and their meat was leaner. They also led a more active lifestyle and were not thought to have smoked. Given that they developed atherosclerosis anyway, Thomas said, it becomes even more important to take measures to forestall development of the disease as long as possible, including stopping smoking, eating less red meat and losing weight."

logical conclusion FAIL.

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
      I work for a medicare endorced DME and you should see all the diabetics that work here eating crap. You'd think they'd learn. Apparently they don't. Irony abounds.
      My hospital routinely has bake sales for Breast Cancer Alliance, American Heart Disease Assoc., etc. Ah, the irony....

Comment

• First of all this thread is awesome.

Now for a story from work today. They've started up this little "competition" where we break up into teams, wear a pedometer everyday, and try to reach a goal for miles walked. OK so far a good thing, we all need to walk more and we know Mark endorses the slow pace over chronic cardio. They give us a little package with some information inside, one of the handouts is on nutrition. As you can guess, it instructs us to avoid butter, cheese and whole milk and even guacamole. It tells us to eat whole grains and salads with low fat dressing. Sigh....
        Then another handout on the "dangers of the sun" which actually states "there is no such thing as a safe healthy tan!"
        For some reason there was a protein bar included in the package which includes peanuts, peanut oil and soy. Well they got the protein part right anyway.

Comment

• Just what we've always needed -- apples soaked in artificial grape flavor!
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grāpple
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Walking through the supermarket, I took a quick trip into the frozen aisle. One freezer door was marked with a big vinyl sticker that said "NATURAL FOODS!" What was inside that freezer? Morning Star "burgers", Quorn, Gardein franken-"meats".

There is nothing "natural" about foods cobbled together with fillers and additives and meant to mimic chicken, beef, and pork. But apparently, if it's vegetarian it's "natural" around here.
            Last edited by onalark; 06-12-2011, 05:29 PM.
            Steph
            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• I braved Costco today, needing to stock up on a few things. My cousin asked if I could find out whether they stocked a certain type of turkey bacon that her family really likes, so I said sure. I walked up and down the aisles, couldn't spot it, so I asked one of the workers there. They pointed me to the vegetarian section, saying that's where they kept foods like that.

Uh huh. K thx bye.
              Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

• Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
                I braved Costco today, needing to stock up on a few things. My cousin asked if I could find out whether they stocked a certain type of turkey bacon that her family really likes, so I said sure. I walked up and down the aisles, couldn't spot it, so I asked one of the workers there. They pointed me to the vegetarian section, saying that's where they kept foods like that.

Uh huh. K thx bye.

That is hilarious. Mainly because I think of vegetarian foods as being that frankenshit that vegetarians eat because they want meat but wont eat it - meat substitutes, tofu, and the like. Turkey bacon fits in that category for me. It's bacon for people who want bacon but for some reason wont eat the real thing. (and sure there might be a good reason for it, but the point stands).

Comment

• I was in a store a few days ago and saw this book:

Crazy Plates: Low-Fat Food So Good You'll Swear It's Bad For You!

...and it probably is.

Amazon.com: Crazy Plates: Low-Fat Food So Good, You&#39;ll Swear It&#39;s Bad for You! (9780399525841): Janet Podleski, Greta Podleski: Books
                  Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
                    I braved Costco today, needing to stock up on a few things. My cousin asked if I could find out whether they stocked a certain type of turkey bacon that her family really likes, so I said sure. I walked up and down the aisles, couldn't spot it, so I asked one of the workers there. They pointed me to the vegetarian section, saying that's where they kept foods like that.

Uh huh. K thx bye.
                    I have said it before and i will say it again

Turkeys dont HAVE bellies
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                      I have said it before and i will say it again

Turkeys dont HAVE bellies
                      yup, I can kinda understand beef bacon for the religious non-pork-eaters. but turkey? turkeys are for basting in butter and roasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by jennachica View Post
                        BAHAHAHAH, awesome. But I must say, I'm positive that any white bread goes STRAIGHT to my hips and thighs ;p
                        God if only. That'd actually be healthy and fertile making. White bread for me goes straight to the deadly visceral fat in my middle.

Comment

• By the way the whole Jared-Subway lose weight thing was not an accident. Carefully crafted by Subways marketing people from the get go. They did not "discover" him and decide that it would be good marketing. All planned.

Comment

• I like the Quizno's anti-Jared ad. Big photo of a stacked, meaty sub with the words "Nobody's getting skinny eating our subs."
                            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• My sister finds out she might be gluten sensitive.
                              Me: I guess you'll have to go grain free.
                              Sis: I can't do that.
                              Me: Just do what I did and eat steak every day.
                              Sis: Eww, I hate steak! (First wtf moment)
                              Me: What about seafood?
                              Sis: Eww, no.
                              Me: Well at least you have eggs.
                              Sis: I hate eggs!
                              Me: You little liar! You love scrambled eggs!
                              Mom (cutting in): Apparently she doesn't anymore.
                              Me: What the hell's wrong with her!?
                              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• My friend is currently in the hospital for cystic fibrosis issues, she also has diabetes and a condition where she cannot digest "fats" very well...she just facebooked a picture of a bouquet of "flowers" she got...all flower-shaped lollipops! Pure sugar on a stick!

Comment

Working...
                                X