No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before we left the house to go on a hike last weekend, my roommate looked at my bare feet and asked, with good humour, "Are you going to wear shoes? ... I never know with you." I wore my VFFs, so, kind of...
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson View Post
      Sorry ladies, I guess you're out of luck. I'll be over here eating my bologna sandwich on white bread, thanks to my magical carbohydrate blocking penis.
      I have got to get me one of those!!
      My Journal

Comment

Overheard two new coworkers at lunch talking about healthy eating today. One of them said that her boyfriend who is studying to be a chemist told her that "women shouldn't eat white bread because it turns to sugar in their bodies".

I couldn't help but stick my nose in and ask if it does something different in a man's body. She said, "yes, men just digest it like any other carbohydrate."

*FACEPALM OF DEATH*

Sorry ladies, I guess you're out of luck. I'll be over here eating my bologna sandwich on white bread, thanks to my magical carbohydrate blocking penis.
        BAHAHAHAH, awesome. But I must say, I'm positive that any white bread goes STRAIGHT to my hips and thighs ;p
        You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
        Margaret Thatcher

Comment

• Ohhh, irony.

"Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• @Jenny... I didn't realize how funny it was until I saw it was for curing Juvenile diabetes!

Comment

• Exactly, Spiff -- it takes a minute to spot that. XD And the illustration is the full-sugar regular Pepsi, to boot... ouch!

Oh and... resistant starch:
              Resistant starch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's the stuff that Dreamfields pasta uses to claim it reduces the digestible carbs by a large amount... BUT, as it turns out, it doesn't really work out that way.

It gives identical blood glucose curves as regular pasta:
              Diabetes Update: Study Finds Dreamfields Pasta Produces Identical Glucose Curves as Regular Dry Pasta

To sum up, it may not be digested in the same way, but you still get every one of those calories, AND the same blood sugar spike. *eyeroll*
              Last edited by Jenny; 06-02-2011, 07:12 AM.
              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Overheard two new coworkers at lunch talking about healthy eating today. One of them said that her boyfriend who is studying to be a chemist told her that "women shouldn't eat white bread because it turns to sugar in their bodies".

I couldn't help but stick my nose in and ask if it does something different in a man's body. She said, "yes, men just digest it like any other carbohydrate."

*FACEPALM OF DEATH*

HAHAHA
                Did you know women actually digest food with our uterus? It's science. Don't question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                  Ohhh, irony.

*pic*
                  *facepalm*
                  Originally posted by runnergal
                  You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

Comment

Ohhh, irony.

*facepalm* That's just.... that's.... argh!!! I have no words.
                    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

• Apparently this irony is a common thing...

Apparently they were selling coupon books for frosties and the proceeds were going to the JDRF.
                      Last edited by Jenny; 06-02-2011, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• ... okay, I'll stop now...
                        Last edited by Jenny; 06-02-2011, 08:37 AM.

Comment

/mega facepalm
                          I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                            I have got to get me one of those!!

I'm sure there are several men on the forum who would let you borrow theirs.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              handraise
                              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                                Only if properly stored, I'm sure.
                                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Working...
                                X