Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Read a serious *headdesk* moment today on someone's FB who was explaining how she is losing weight so fast by being Vegan.

    "Basically, I don't eat any animal products, fast food, or sugar. I don't drink soda, or anything, Tea's ok but no sugar. Mostly Water. A normal day I eat a banana for breakfast, a slice of watermelon for lunch & a salad with no dressing for dinner. With about 8 cups of water. I also take oxy elite pro and a multivitamin, and work out at least once a day, and walk to the park at least once a day."

    She is trying to lose 65 pounds by August.

    I didn't even know what to say. I feel sorry for her muscles. *cry*
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

    Comment


    • If she lives until august.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JanuaryEmber View Post
        losing weight so fast by being Vegan.
        Just a banana, a slice of watermelon, and a salad with no dressing? That's not losing weight by being vegan, that's losing weight by being anorexic. Yow.
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

        Comment


        • Not a funny but rather kind of sad moment.
          A couple times a month I volunteer at a food bank for indigent people with HIV/AIDS. Some of the food is good, nutritious food (meat, fresh vegetables, fruit), the rest, eh not so much.
          So a woman in her early 40s comes in and she's sick. The clients are given their choice of so many meat items, fresh vegetables, canned vegetables, etc. She wants to change her choices up because she's sick, the director obliges. She ends up with a huge bag of oranges, a few cans of soup, a dozen cans of frozen juice (pure sugar) and some instant oatmeal (more pure sugar). Not one ounce of protein apart from what was in the cans of soup. I wanted so desperately to tell her that her body needed protein and vegetables, that the sugar would do nothing but continue to compromise her immune system. I almost cried as she bagged her groceries and left.
          "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Karate Lisa View Post
            Not a funny but rather kind of sad moment.
            A couple times a month I volunteer at a food bank for indigent people with HIV/AIDS. Some of the food is good, nutritious food (meat, fresh vegetables, fruit), the rest, eh not so much.
            So a woman in her early 40s comes in and she's sick. The clients are given their choice of so many meat items, fresh vegetables, canned vegetables, etc. She wants to change her choices up because she's sick, the director obliges. She ends up with a huge bag of oranges, a few cans of soup, a dozen cans of frozen juice (pure sugar) and some instant oatmeal (more pure sugar). Not one ounce of protein apart from what was in the cans of soup. I wanted so desperately to tell her that her body needed protein and vegetables, that the sugar would do nothing but continue to compromise her immune system. I almost cried as she bagged her groceries and left.
            It does hurt to see doesnt it
            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

            Predator not Prey
            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

            CW 315 | SW 506
            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


            Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

            Comment


            • [QUOTE=JanuaryEmber;464642]Read a serious *headdesk* moment today on someone's FB who was explaining how she is losing weight so fast by being Vegan.

              . A normal day I eat a banana for breakfast, a slice of watermelon for lunch & a salad with no dressing for dinner. .


              I eat this much by accident.
              I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                It does hurt to see doesnt it
                Indeed. Especially since she truly believed she was doing the right thing.
                "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

                Comment


                • I've got two of them to share:

                  1) Best friend is a cardio QUEEN, does CC every day, has run at least 10 half marathons, starting tri's this year. However, after hitting that beautiful age of 30 is steadily gaining quite a bit of weight, does'nt know why. We do of course, she eats the typical CW diet of low-fat, high carb to "fuel her workouts". Well, I stayed at her place a few days during Lent, and as we are getting ready for a weight workout she consumes a Cliff bar (Banana Chocolate Chip) AS she's telling me that she gave up all sugar and sweets for Lent. It took every ounce of willpower not to grab the Cliff bar, show her the ingredients, and explain that she is eating nothing but a glorified candy bar. After every weight workout she goes to Starbucks and eats a low-fat, egg white and turkey english muffin.......I love the girl, want to say something, but know she won't listen. So I'll make my PWO eggs and ground turkey with fresh veggies and try to lead by example.

                  2) Found this article, note that the girl states that her transformation started when she picked up the Paleo Diet book, but then scroll down and see how she's eating.....
                  Bodybuilding.com - Accountable For Success

                  Huh? How in ANY way is CC, Muscle Milk (Lite), egg whites and LUNA bars Paleo??? WTH?
                  You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
                  Margaret Thatcher

                  Comment


                  • In most of those pictures she doesn't even appear to be the same person... She says she read the paleo diet book, but she doesn't say she's following a strict paleo diet (she obviously isn't). Whatever she's doing is working for her and that's awesome.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
                      In most of those pictures she doesn't even appear to be the same person... She says she read the paleo diet book, but she doesn't say she's following a strict paleo diet (she obviously isn't). Whatever she's doing is working for her and that's awesome.
                      Yes, she does look awesome and all the power to her for getting into shape, but looks aren't everything. And I can tell you, from years of being an internationaly competitive Fitness Model, it means nothing when it comes to overall health. I maintained eating simple carbs and sugars in protien shakes etc, but was constantly exhausted and always fell into a cycle of sugar-binging and being constantly hungry. I would not trade the mental and physical benefits of Primal/Paleo living and eating just to look like that again.
                      You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
                      Margaret Thatcher

                      Comment


                      • I don't think eating a Luna bar once a day means she is unhealthy, constantly hungry, or sugar-binging.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
                          I don't think eating a Luna bar once a day means she is unhealthy, constantly hungry, or sugar-binging.
                          Not at all, just relating my personal experience
                          You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
                          Margaret Thatcher

                          Comment


                          • To add on to my post yesterday, same girl posted again that she has lost 30 pounds since May 9th (20 days) that people may say it isn't healthy, she says it is dedication. Her friends asked how she does it, her only explanation is 'I'm vegan'. Then when prompted further, she explains she eats no meat, dairy, sugar, or soda, works out twice a day, drinks only water and eats .5 a steak every other friday 'for the protein and vitamins'.
                            "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

                            Comment


                            • A steak-eating vegan?? There should be more of them.
                              My Journal

                              Comment


                              • If I'd have know I could eat steak when I was vegan, I might have stayed vegan. Why didn't anybody tell me?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X