Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Grumpy Caveman: "..."

Yeah, that's not quite what's happening in your body.

Comment

• tv chef: "so we're going to make a light, healthy dressing for this salad" *adds the fruit of two oranges and two tablespoons of agave syrup* "now, I'm using agave syrup as an alternative to sugar. It's a natural sweetener that comes from the agave plant."

*crickets chirping*

1. You're ADDING sweetener to a dressing that ALREADY has that much fruit juice?!?!?!

2. *deep breath* AGAVE SYRUP IS NOT AN ALTERNATIVE TO SUGAR. IT IS SUGAR. It may not be "table sugar", but it is freaking sugar. Sugar is sugar, and it all acts the same in your body.

3. Agave syrup is not natural, don't believe the hype.

Gah. Watching food shows used to be relaxing... Now I just want to scream.

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silky View Post
        Just looked it up. It seems to be fairly high in carbs, but because you only have it in small doses it's probably ok. 0.8g of carbs per 4g serving.

I so love it. H hates it and won't kiss me if I've eaten it!

I like Vegemite personally. I challenge anyone to actually eat enough of that stuff to be bad for you though, lol!
        I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by nidalee View Post
          Ahahahaha. Well played.
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nion View Post
            I like Vegemite personally. I challenge anyone to actually eat enough of that stuff to be bad for you though, lol!
            I love the stuff too. I probably could tho, I can lick it off a spoon Thats the only downside in my life since going PB, no more Marmite on toast with eggs on top. I haven't found a suitable medium for eating Marmite yet, it makes me sad.
            Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

• Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
              I love the stuff too. I probably could tho, I can lick it off a spoon Thats the only downside in my life since going PB, no more Marmite on toast with eggs on top. I haven't found a suitable medium for eating Marmite yet, it makes me sad.
              Have you Marmite/Vegemite lovers tried Rivvin's famous "sandwich" recipe yet? I found it was actually a pretty good medium when I was feeling deprived and needed a little Vegemite hit. I usually make mine using almond meal, butter, a pinch of onion salt for extra flavour, and occasionally a shake of sesame seeds (if you do them):

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread23434.html
              I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                Ahahahaha. Well played.
                Haha thats ok

Comment

• A friend just tweeted this:

"Made a kick-ass curry and brown rice tonight. Low fat, high flavour. Win!"

*facepalm*
                  My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah1990 View Post
                    A friend just tweeted this:

"Made a kick-ass curry and brown rice tonight. Low fat, high flavour. Win!"

*facepalm*
                    *facepalm* + *headdesk* on that one. Brown rice, euuuuwe. I hated that tasteless stuff even back when I thought it was food.

Comment

• Originally posted by LJH View Post
                      *facepalm* + *headdesk* on that one. Brown rice, euuuuwe. I hated that tasteless stuff even back when I thought it was food.
                      It got worse as he posted a blog about his weightloss (or lack of) diet.

"Today I made a curry, which was surprisingly low in saturated fat considering its creamy contents (thank the Lord for Elmlea Light and Olive Oil – apparently he takes the bad fats for God and leaves the ones that are healthier for us):"

Oh those naughty fats, not the carbs you're shovelling down, no no.
                      My Primal Journal

Comment

• Just got back from Trader Joes. They only had one variety of Omega-3 eggs. On the carton it said "Our hens are fed only healthy whole grains and soy protein products," or something to that effect.

Just. No. WTF.

Comment

• Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
                          My best friend just told me she's going to be a vegetarian for a month in order to lose weight.
                          Coworker says pizza is healthy "because the cheese has protein". Wow.
                          The way I make pizza it is. Thin crust with three inches of ground beef. And clearly this was before I went primal because now I can't have the crust.
                          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• I did a lot of research and the only definite link if you are found to have GD is that you ahve a higher chance of having actual diabetes later in life. It usually means you needs to eat mroe whole grains, and good protein i want to write more but dd1 is freaking out here...gtg
                            From another message board. Yeah, because whole grains are going to help keep your blood sugar down!
                            Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• I love when people order egg white omelets and whole wheat toast at the deli. The CW is beaten into these people's heads.

Comment

• I love Geek's family for trying to work within the bounds of what I eat, I really do. That said, my SIL offering me macaroni salad (not that I ever ate pasta salad anyways...) and saying that "colorful pasta doesn't have flour" made my brain hurt. I know she was joking and trying to make me feel better if I wanted to go offplan, but the idea that there are people out there who'd believe it made my brain hurt.
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X