No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made myself some tea with a new type/ brand earlier. I'd checked the ingredients, no sweeteners that I could tell. Apparently, those "natural flavorings" include sugary stuff, because that was all I tasted. Grmph. It sounded so tasty, too.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• MIL offers me some bread. Tell MIL i can't eat bread anymore, gluten intolerant.
      MIL offers me wholemeal bread instead.
      'Can't eat ANYTHING with wheat or grains in it sorry'
      MIL offers me pastry.
      Me: *walks out of kitchen desperately trying not to facepalm*
      I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by Polecatz View Post
        Women seem to have this obsession with oats. I've mentioned it before but I was telling my friend about my brekkie (either a fry up or meats and cheese) and how it is ace as I am able to keep going for ages (today brekkie at 630 and lunch at 2pm - not starving but just normally hungry). As well as telling me it wasn't healthy to go that long without food she also said "you should have oats cos they fill you up". But she has a mid morning snack of a cereal bar so clearly the oats DON'T work at all but I think if you are CW it is normal to need to eat that frequently!! I tried them once, ages ago, and fell asleep after. A lot of false advertising around porridge and the general idea of how great it is to be grazing all the time.
        That's got to be the ultimate CW craziness - "Oats fill you up and keep you going til that mid-morning snack!" And I used to believe that, used to live it. I've tried pointing out that when you need to eat 3 hours later, they've not been "filled up". No one gets it, though, and they think I'm lying when I can go 6 to 8 hours without being hungry on a breakfast of eggs, coconut oil and vegetables.
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread51572.html

Comment

• I was talking with someone today about porridge and how I'd found in the past it didn't keep me going past 11.00.

She asked if I made it with milk or water. I said, "water." She said, "well that's your problem, you should make it with milk to keep you going"

I said I didn't like it made with milk and we left it there.(not that porridge is on my list of things to eat now) but just goes to show it isn't the oats that fill you up!
          My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tawny View Post
            That's got to be the ultimate CW craziness - "Oats fill you up and keep you going til that mid-morning snack!" And I used to believe that, used to live it. I've tried pointing out that when you need to eat 3 hours later, they've not been "filled up". No one gets it, though, and they think I'm lying when I can go 6 to 8 hours without being hungry on a breakfast of eggs, coconut oil and vegetables.
            Sheesh its like people trumpeting stuff and even they know it doesn't work yet they still don't question it. In their head oats should fill you up - after all, they taste and look like chewed up cardboard. And cos they are "low fat" and "lower your cholesterol" (and we all know what we think about those two things..) people don't want to admit that actually they are SH*TE and that they also taste like cr*p as well and people have to add stuff like honey and fruit to make them taste bearable. DUH!!??

Yep people think I am lying as well or if they are really stuck they tell me to watch my cholesterol.

Comment

• Yuck. I dreaded any kind of porridge as a kid, oatmeal and especially Cream of Wheat - nice, hot bowl of glue, anyone? That's one bit of the SAD I gladly left behind when moving out on my own.

Comment

• As a person who's been dealing with asthma her whole life, I must say this article is TERRIBLE!!!
                Asthma Patients: Danger Lurks in Fatty Meals
                My favourite quote of BS?

They recruited 40 people with asthma. Some received a high-fat, high-calorie meal of fast food hamburgers and hash browns containing about 1,000 calories, 52% of which was fat; others ate a low-fat, low-calorie meal of reduced fat yogurt, containing about 200 calories and 13% fat.'

And the study showed that the people who ate the 1,000 calories had lower response rates to the medicine?!? Um DUH--they were eating FIVE TIMES the amount of calories, and who knows how many more carbs. This is truly disgusting that it passes as medical advisc!! Why not feed them two hard boiled eggs and a veggie and see how they did instead? A burger and hashbrowns?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!

Comment

• You're right. That is intellectually disgraceful. I used to teach junior high school. I think that 80% of my students could have picked that "study" apart (after some training in analyzing correlational evidence). How sad. If I had the heart, I would set up a little website just to keep the morons who did the study in public view, forever, as examples of the sub-normal characters who do "research" and pass it off as science.

Comment

• I have a co worker who is diabetic and cant figure out why his blood sugar is all over the place, from 40-300+ when he spends all day eating white bread with various spreads on it (one of them is marmite, an english thing apparently dont know much about its primalness as a food but it must be an aquired taste) and drinks himself silly at night.

Not a funny thing really just sorta sad. You can physically see him rise and crash on a bad day.
                    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bookstorecowboy View Post
                      You're right. That is intellectually disgraceful. I used to teach junior high school. I think that 80% of my students could have picked that "study" apart (after some training in analyzing correlational evidence). How sad. If I had the heart, I would set up a little website just to keep the morons who did the study in public view, forever, as examples of the sub-normal characters who do "research" and pass it off as science.
                      Did it! Because, seriously, this needs to be brought to people's attention: (Lack of) Intellectual Intellectual Integrity and the (Reported) Dangers of a High-Fat Diet

Comment

• Friend: "Where is your pasta? Don't your blood sugar get low?"
                        Me: "I can't get low if I don't have any"
                        Friend "..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
                          I have a co worker who is diabetic and cant figure out why his blood sugar is all over the place, from 40-300+ when he spends all day eating white bread with various spreads on it (one of them is marmite, an english thing apparently dont know much about its primalness as a food but it must be an aquired taste) and drinks himself silly at night.

Not a funny thing really just sorta sad. You can physically see him rise and crash on a bad day.
                          Marmite is a yeast extract. It's very much a love it or you hate it food. It is gluten free though, so not sure where it falls.
                          My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by nidalee View Post
                            Friend: "Where is your pasta? Don't your blood sugar get low?"
                            Me: "I can't get low if I don't have any"
                            Friend "..."
                            Grumpy Caveman: "..."

Yeah, that's not quite what's happening in your body.
                            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah1990 View Post
                              Marmite is a yeast extract. It's very much a love it or you hate it food. It is gluten free though, so not sure where it falls.
                              Just looked it up. It seems to be fairly high in carbs, but because you only have it in small doses it's probably ok. 0.8g of carbs per 4g serving.

I so love it. H hates it and won't kiss me if I've eaten it!

Comment

• This isn't a cw thing it is some diet advice I got at work. A woman I work with says that when she wants to lose weight she eats 'no white things' most of the week(so far so good). But on Mondays and Thursdays she eats 'only white things' like milk and white bread .... Huh?
                                She told me how easy it was to lose weight this way. But when I questioned her further she said she had to stop doing it because although she lost weight, she was a really low on energy and really weak!

I mean on reflection it is a form of carb cycling but I think I'll stick with primal.

Comment

Working...
                                X