Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    Massive facepalm. I saw that in a magazine as well. I almost passed out at the amount of bread. "Measure your butterlicious by the teaspoon". WTF? They are advocating fake butter!? Yeah lets all eat fake foods and have sugar on toast for breakfast. Great idea. Cos something out of a factory is so good for you compared to something nature provided :-/

Comment

• Wow, Sainsbury's really are pushing the carbs there!

Aspragus dipped in egg on the other hand...
      http://www.waitrose.com/webapp/wcs/s...estonasparagus
      My Primal Journal

Comment

• I've got one. There's been a big push to increase health around the office the past couple years. They'll form teams and compete, etc. We recently started up a company newsletter. There's always some health advice and a recipe. The health advice is always CW kind of stuff (this month it was walking), but the recipes are ridiculous even by CW standards. In February it was a twinkie, cut diagonally in half, re-arranged into a heart shape and topped with pink cool whip.

This month the recipe was for taco soup with 1lb 90% lean ground beef, refried beans, salsa, and black beans. Top with chips.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
          Sara Lee makes 45 cal/slice bread. My husband eats it. Why won't he give up his mistress, Sara Lee!
          has he tried any of the bread from a recipe here?

Comment

• I was in the USA last week with my Papillons.
            At the border I had a young eager Customs Officer. He asked me if I had any fruit or produce.
            "No"
            "Do you have anything else"
            "A few snacks for the road and food for my dogs"
            I had to give him my keys and open my hatchback for him to look.
            I have a VW Beetle, Josie (my one Papillon) is freaking out at him in the back seat...
            He opens my cooler..."What's in the brown paper?"
            "Dogfood"
            "But what IS it?"
            "Moose"
            (crickets)... no response...he didn't know what to say...he closed my cooler and hatch, gave me back my passport and told me I could go...
            but he forgot to give me my keys, I had to ask for them.

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            I had an interesting time at the DQ in Andrews: I asked for no bun. She spends (I shit you not) 5 minutes trying to find the button for it. It then gets to the back and they yell "What's NB?" "No Bun!" "How do I do that?" "Put it in a nacho container! She wants everything else, just not the bread!" I get it and, packed neatly beside my container of meat and veggies, is my bun wrapped in the paper the burger would've worn.
            I had my Papillons at a dog training camp. On the 2nd day, we took them into town. One of Josie's triggers was people coming up to the car window, so we went to a McDonald's drive thru.
            Me: "could I please have a plain hamburger patty, without the bun"
            McD server: "No bun?"
            "Correct, No bun"
            McD "You don't want a bun"
            "Right, no bun"
            Third time "So, just the meat?"
            "Yes, it's for my dog"
            We drive up to the window, Josie stays calm (with some coaching from me) and she discovers that if you stay calm someone will give you MEAT through the window!!!!! Awesome
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• My mother told me about someone we know who has tried calorie counting and lots of exercise consistently for the last year, but hasn't lost much weight at all. So she's considering some kind of laser surgery procedure to slim down... and it was recommended by a doctor. Not her doctor, but just someone who happens to be a doctor who I guess also had trouble losing weight otherwise.

I said that I wished that I could talk to this person about trying my diet, and my aunt said, 'Gaining weight is easy. Losing weight isn't easy. [I agree] You're lucky.' Uhhh, I guess I'm lucky that I found the right info and am irreverent enough to have no qualms about jumping into this wholeheartedly. But it's not like I woke up one day, stepped on the scale, and discovered that I had lost 50 lbs.

Comment

• Online Health Quiz

Here's my CW Moment for the day (By the way, this is one of my favorite threads to read here):

I'm taking this quiz for work (it helps to lower my health insurance premium), and I was wondering how to answer the following question:

Which of the following is true?
                A. You should eat no more than 6 ounces of lean meat, chicken and fish a day
                B. You should get at least six servings of grains such as breads, cereals and starchy vegetables every day
                C. You should eat two to four servings of fat-free milk and low-fat dairy products a day
                D. All of the above

Hmmm. I didn't see a none of the above, so I'm really confused. I'm just glad I am more well-informed than this online "coaching" program.

Comment

• On the packet of dried dates:
                  "Two dates count as one of your five a day!"

(Five of what? It doesn't say. Sugarcubes, maybe?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilary View Post
                    On the packet of dried dates:
                    "Two dates count as one of your five a day!"

(Five of what? It doesn't say. Sugarcubes, maybe?)
                    I know I am becoming more attractive as I get in better health, but I don't think I could handle going on 5 dates a day.

Dave
                    Body by Bacon

Comment

• Originally posted by davidwhitt View Post
                      I know I am becoming more attractive as I get in better health, but I don't think I could handle going on 5 dates a day.

Dave
                      Body by Bacon
                      No, no. 2 dates count as ONE of your 5. You have to go on 10.
                      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                        No, no. 2 dates count as ONE of your 5. You have to go on 10.
                        Dates aren't very tasty anyways. What I love is that one of those boxes of raisins is a serving of fruit to these people.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
                          Hell even in my CW life that breakfast has me hurling. Jam, bread and raisins. Wheeeeeeee how about I just crack a sodypop for breakfast like my friends in the south?
                          MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

• I was sitting in my class and one of my classmates (whom I adore, by the way!!) is macking on a Sees sucker. Apparently, she's using the suckers (and the small sees candies) to keep her from eating, because they only have 10 calories each!

Sigh. I can't say anything because I already went into my "no grains and sugars" thing, and so they all think I'm loony anyway.
                            sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• At 9:30 this morning, we got an email from a coworker saying we were having birthday cake at 10:00 am (yes, I know that's early). One of my cubicle mates exclaimed, "Oh good! I had a bowl of oatmeal this morning but I'm starving!" I'm sure she'll have her usual Lean Cuisine for lunch, followed by either more cake or a healthy Special K bar mid-afternoon. She puts away more carbs in a day than I do in a week. And yes, she's thinner than me, but also always cranky and tired by her own admission.
                              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread51572.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Tawny View Post
                                At 9:30 this morning, we got an email from a coworker saying we were having birthday cake at 10:00 am (yes, I know that's early). One of my cubicle mates exclaimed, "Oh good! I had a bowl of oatmeal this morning but I'm starving!" I'm sure she'll have her usual Lean Cuisine for lunch, followed by either more cake or a healthy Special K bar mid-afternoon. She puts away more carbs in a day than I do in a week. And yes, she's thinner than me, but also always cranky and tired by her own admission.
                                Women seem to have this obsession with oats. I've mentioned it before but I was telling my friend about my brekkie (either a fry up or meats and cheese) and how it is ace as I am able to keep going for ages (today brekkie at 630 and lunch at 2pm - not starving but just normally hungry). As well as telling me it wasn't healthy to go that long without food she also said "you should have oats cos they fill you up". But she has a mid morning snack of a cereal bar so clearly the oats DON'T work at all but I think if you are CW it is normal to need to eat that frequently!! I tried them once, ages ago, and fell asleep after. A lot of false advertising around porridge and the general idea of how great it is to be grazing all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X