No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All i want to say is just be yourself ,like me i wear ladies panties and bodysuit- the more feminine the better.
    Last edited by Pleoning; 07-02-2015, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• Not funny, but sad. A friend of mine shared his teenaged daughters FB post of her dinner at Diabetes (type 1) camp. It was a hamburger on a bun, potato chips, jello salad and a diet coke. Am I missing something? Is type 1 that different from type 2 that this meal would be appropriate? My take is that the camp totally missed the mark.
      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82833.html

Comment

• Oh yuk. That really is sad.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Trainer was showing a prospective client around the gym. She walked by a Smith machine and said, "Here's a squat rack."

"That is NOT a squat rack," I said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            Trainer was showing a prospective client around the gym. She walked by a Smith machine and said, "Here's a squat rack."

"That is NOT a squat rack," I said.
            Good for you.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Can you do curls in the smith machine?

Comment

• Are you sure you can't use it for real squats? The one at the Y has a fixed side, and a side that functions like a squat rack.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Man, organic rhubarb prices are so funny. I was with my sister at the farmer's market and there was a bunch of it for 4 dollars. She thought it was a great deal. The conversation went like this...

Her: Look at this! You love rhubarb, right?

Me: Yeah, I've got some wicked savory recipes. But you know I've got one of those in the backyard, right?

Her: Haven't you already harvested it?

Me: Yeah, and it's BACK. It's a weed. It's not possible to kill this thing. We neglect the hell out of it and every year it's bigger!

Her: Oh. Well, can you give me some?

Me: Sure, we have two bags of frozen and the plant is ready for picking again.

I love rhubarb. I only wish we could eat the leaves but they're poisonous.
                  Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Someone on my Facebook feed is selling those wrap things and associated products by It Works. I read an argument for the wraps, that the results are temporary, but so are the results from exercise. Uh.. .sure... if you don't continue exercising. But unlike the wraps, longer-term commitment to movement and exercise can result in even longer lasting results. Like better bone density, improved posture, improved cardiovascular function, improved hormone balance, and then cool things like being able to do push-ups, pull-ups, lift heavy boxes, help a friend move a couch, rearrange your furniture without help, get that thing off that shelf without pulling your back etc.

You can't get that from a wrap, defining gel, or supplements. The only benefit I really see with those is if they were used as a temporary measure to reduce bloating or get some instant results to stay motivated on the course of good diet and exercise habits.

Also, they are very careful not to say that the wraps promote weight loss. They focus on buzzwords like "flushing toxins". It's the same kind of non-scientific BS you see in any "health" focused community. Sure, I like to hear about people's positive results, but I really do like to know that the methods are safe. Only studies and examinations in a laboratory can really determine that. Lots of positive reviews are not the same.

Oh yeah, and the lady that's selling these things is stick-thin already, but keeps talking about how she can't wait to see her results on her 3-month challenge with some new product. Lady, I know you've had 2 kids, but there is no way you are hiding some serious stomach flab under that tiny dress.

It's really sad.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by BensonElPosman View Post
                      Can you do curls in the smith machine?
                      I died. I feel it's my civic duty to take up the Smith machine with curls.

Comment

• I found this in CVS today

A fine example of missing the point and why I hate the health halo. Even in (sane, evidence based, and effective) diets where grains are considered healthy, popped cereals aren't.

And here's what happens when people are starving for fat while on a low fat diet: a fatty food without the fat. Now without the carbs too!

Man. Food and thought in America. No wonder we're all messed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                          I found this in CVS today

A fine example of missing the point and why I hate the health halo. Even in (sane, evidence based, and effective) diets where grains are considered healthy, popped cereals aren't.

And here's what happens when people are starving for fat while on a low fat diet: a fatty food without the fat. Now without the carbs too!

Man. Food and thought in America. No wonder we're all messed up.
                          Your images have to end with some kind of image extension, like .jpeg or .gif

Depression Lies

Comment

• I looked up the ingredients of Breyers fat free ice cream. It has "ice structuring protein." Never have I heard of something so appealing.
                            My opinions and some justification

Comment

• Originally posted by Elliot View Post
                              I looked up the ingredients of Breyers fat free ice cream. It has "ice structuring protein." Never have I heard of something so appealing.
                              At last science conquered the mystery of ice

If only the saturated fat bogeyman were consistent. At work fake creamer is the norm, though cheese is fine if it has enough syllables (asiago, provolone) or is mixed with green things--the freezer is always full of "garden" lasagne and pizza
                              37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

• No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                                -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

Working...
                                X