X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steven.kelly View Post
    I stopped reading after bible study

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I suppose in this science heavy culture we have created around paleo it is sometimes hard to wrap ones mind around the apparent dichotomy of science and bible study sometimes isn't it? We all seem to have come to the conclusion that science and bible study cant possibly be complimentary.

We automagically discount anyone from the ranks of intelligent people as soon as they mention it and in many cases it may be true but I prefer to judge on a case by case basis. Science is simply how we describe the universe created by the gods in a comprehensible manner using our natural inclination to curiosity. I believe spiritual beliefs and curiosity go hand in hand and should be encouraged not mocked. We also should not be using the bible as a legal or science textbook in schools but as a treasured document in the humanities and philosophies area along with all the other documents of faith in all the flavours we create. The more we know of humanity the more beautiful creation becomes.

The only truth with a capitol T is that we dont know yet what we dont know and we need to keep looking for answers.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• This one is a funny technology from CW.

I live in a house with a down-draft stove. That means there is a gaping hole for the fan right beside the burner. Which you aren't supposed to cover while you're cooking. Clearly this was not designed by anyone who has ever cooked bacon, ever.

And it's about to be replaced by a downdraft stove with a glass top. She's "sure" my cast iron will be fine if I'm careful. headdesk
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• To the person that ignored the rest of her post, it was very controversial. All about burgers and eggs. I was shocked and appalled. <--- sarcasm
        This amused me greatly! Thanks for the endorphin-boosting chuckle.

Comment

• So I'm pretty paleo, enjoy a few treats every now and then, one being white potatoes. My lovely other half picked these up.... he said they were on special.1434433441376.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by vikyb View Post
            So I'm pretty paleo, enjoy a few treats every now and then, one being white potatoes. My lovely other half picked these up.... he said they were on special.[ATTACH]18735[/ATTACH]
            Are they GMO? It's all I've got. However, if they were on special... XD

Anyway, an update from me! Not CW but kind of amusing.

Dad: Someone left a cinnamon stick in the curry!

Mom: I assumed you were smart enough not to eat the cinnamon stick. *pause* Don't eat the cinnamon stick.

Me: *SNRK*
            Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• I did a quick google search for Spud Lite, and found some info here: SPUD LITE Low Carbohydrate Potatoes

Then a quick search of "are GMOs legal in Australia," and they are, but they must be labeled.

I can't find anything specifically stating that spud lites are or aren't genetically modified.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• It's claimed they're low carb through breeding programs, I'm just thankful we have strict gmo labelling laws! Time to grow my own spuds again I think

Comment

• Vikyb, how did they taste?

I'd eat a lower carb spud if it was organic, strictly created from breeding for a trait, and it tasted good.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• They tasted pretty good! Although I tend to smother them in a mince sauce and clarified butter, they had a nice steamed finish to them.

Comment

• I found this amusing.

The other clear lesson was that food ďfor womenĒ just isnít enough food. Not unless you eat double the portion at each sitting. Maybe thatís because Iím a man and I need additional calories. But more likely itís because this stuff is designed to starve you.

Here’s What Happens When A Man Spends Two Weeks Eating Nothing But Food Made For Women
                      No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                      -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Fun article.

Unlike the Special K box, which was printed with an image of a purse and its spilled contents (as if a woman taking the Special K Challenge has just passed out on the floor), the Activia packaging isnít explicitly gendered. But if youíve ever seen its commercials, you know the target consumer is a woman who canít poop. **clip** Thereís a reason why the woman on the Activia benefits web page is a middle-aged size 0 in yoga clothes.
                        Thatís why it was necessary to chase my Lean Cuisine with a bag of Bethenny Frankelís Skinnygirl popcorn, which Iím convinced is only ďskinnyĒ because the bag is the size of a babyís head, not a whole baby, like most popcorn bags.
                        The writer has a good sense of humor.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Since becoming parents a few years ago, my wife and I to a lesser degree have been deluged by spam centered around foods and sex and weight loss for both of us. It is really intense sometimes, this pressure to buy products.... I am tempted to write back and explain how we laugh at it but will have nothing to do with their food like products and the sex is not bad either without all the crap.

I refrain because I know it will just make it worse but I wanna.
                          Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• It was “Jack’s lighter companion” and featured a sassy cartoon cow mascot with a flower in her hair (makes you wonder if the cow on Monterey Jack is actually a dude).

LOL

Question - I once had a recipe that called for Monterey Jacks cheese and never could figure out what type of cheese it was. Is it a type of tasty cheese?

Comment

• Monterey Jack is similar to mild cheddar. It's not quiet as dry as cheddar. It's a pretty mild cheese, IMO, not worth going out of your way for.
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                                Monterey Jack is similar to mild cheddar. It's not quiet as dry as cheddar. It's a pretty mild cheese, IMO, not worth going out of your way for.
                                Hmm Ta.

Comment

Working...
                                X