No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went out to burgers after Bible study with several of my friends from the group. We are hanging out in line and one of the girls mentions that she was thinking about getting the burger with an egg on it, but wasn't sure. She had a burger with an egg before and she just felt like she was "going to have a heart attack right there." . . . I told her, "saturated fat doesn't cause heart attacks, that myth has been thoroughly debunked." . . . she ended up getting the burger with the egg on it. (So did I, on a bed of lettuce, no bun)

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoGrrrl View Post
      Went out to burgers after Bible study with several of my friends from the group. We are hanging out in line and one of the girls mentions that she was thinking about getting the burger with an egg on it, but wasn't sure. She had a burger with an egg before and she just felt like she was "going to have a heart attack right there." . . . I told her, "saturated fat doesn't cause heart attacks, that myth has been thoroughly debunked." . . . she ended up getting the burger with the egg on it. (So did I, on a bed of lettuce, no bun)
      I stopped reading after bible study

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• So had a bit of a 'discussion' on facebook about a controversial subject. And the other guy pulled the 'ignorant' card.

Only to have me come back with an actual argument... to which he gave a long reply that said not much else than i'm just ignorant and that it's also not natural to pump myself up like a baloon. (building muscle). Because he has no real argument.

You would assume he would mean the guys on synthol or huge amount of steroids.. but i'm pretty sure he didn't.

So with his logic apparently being fat and out of shape like him is much more natural than being in good shape.. who knew.

Comment

• Presumably, arguing on Facebook about what is natural is also unnatural
          My opinions and some justification

Comment

• Hahaha that's a pretty good point actually. In the end I decided it wasn't going to contribute to my life continuing the argument with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BensonElPosman View Post
              So with his logic apparently being fat and out of shape like him is much more natural than being in good shape.. who knew.
              While I certainly don't agree with it, a case could be made that it is actually the more logical conclusion.

If you look at what is available in developed countries (by way of nutrition, healthcare, etc.), the 'natural' thing to do is to find the easiest course of survival. For most, that's satisfying their nutritional requirements (although that's perverted nowadays to just caloric requirements), while staving off disease and other ailments. If you can do that, procreate, and live into your 70s, all while eating crap and fixing your body through medical intervention, is that not the most efficient way for your genes to redistribute themselves?

/devilsadvocate
              I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
              SW (Feb 2012): 278
              SBF: 26% (Scale)
              CW (Sept 2015): 200
              CBF: 17% (Scale)

Comment

• [QUOTE=steven.kelly;1620921]I stopped reading after bible study

So why did you feel it necessary to post? Your opinion on the OP's religious activity is worth nothing.
                The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

• While I certainly don't agree with it, a case could be made that it is actually the more logical conclusion.

If you look at what is available in developed countries (by way of nutrition, healthcare, etc.), the 'natural' thing to do is to find the easiest course of survival. For most, that's satisfying their nutritional requirements (although that's perverted nowadays to just caloric requirements), while staving off disease and other ailments. If you can do that, procreate, and live into your 70s, all while eating crap and fixing your body through medical intervention, is that not the most efficient way for your genes to redistribute themselves?
                  You could say 'normal' but not natural. And what kind of life are they really living?

If you look at 'natural' I would think of tribes who are usually in good shape, muscular, healthy and not stuck in a hospital just waiting to die.

But in the end it could just be my own values, despite what anyone else may think what is normal or natural.. what is of importance to me is being in peak physical shape, and physically and mentally strong.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rig D;1620979]
                    Originally posted by steven.kelly View Post
                    I stopped reading after bible study

So why did you feel it necessary to post? Your opinion on the OP's religious activity is worth nothing.
                    There it is.

Comment

• As an atheist for almost 30 years, I think my life would be poorer for discounting people who believe in a sentient creator. If you disregard trends (i.e., in the 90s, US folks flocked back to church because it was "in;" now everyone is an atheist, though I suspect that is misused as in "doesn't go to church"), the world population of atheists is falling and expected to be at about 1.8% by 2020.

Why in Heaven's name (see what I did there?) would I discount everything 98.2% of the world's population had to say because of a belief that neither of us can prove/disprove? We'll all eventually know - or not know if the minority is correct and it all ends in just a dirt nap.

To the person that ignored the rest of her post, it was very controversial. All about burgers and eggs. I was shocked and appalled. <--- sarcasm
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven.kelly View Post
                        There it is.

ho ho! i tip my fedora to you, good sir
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                          ho ho! i tip my fedora to you, good sir
                          I freely admit that this post made me snort with laughter.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• m'lady
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

• New York City Plans Warning Labels for Excessive Sodium Levels | Fooducate

CW is still down on salt. I wonder if that will ever change.
                              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Wildrose, when eating processed foods, I think maybe one should consider sodium. Even if one eats "healthy" CW rather than SAD. Though I home cooked most of my food before paleo/primal, the one thing I didn't make too often was soup. And I loved me some Progresso soups. But a can of that (what they call two servings) can have up to two thirds of the sodium one needs for the day.

I also liked a brand of fun flavored sausages that didn't have many weird ingredients, but again, the sodium was pretty high. Fortunately for me, I've never been a big salt fan, and a standard sized container of salt from the grocery store literally could sit in my cabinets for over a year. I've had to retrain myself now that I don't eat many "pre-salted" foods.
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                                X