No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This morning in the gym I learned that because women evolved separately from men, we shouldn't do even body weight bearing activities
    That's a classic! Ya gotta wonder how that person thought they evolved past generation 1 if they did it separately.
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
      What is Dandyblend? I'd ask why it's so expensive but those ingredients look pricey. Where is this taken from, any idea?

Edited to add: What is tocos?

Edited a second time: Nevermind about tocos, it's a superfood... man, no wonder this is expensive. The only dandyblend I'm finding is a herbal coffee substitute, though, which doesn't make much sense.
      Last edited by Wildrose; 03-20-2015, 02:32 PM.
      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
        Stevia... Ick. Tastes like fake sugar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
          What is Dandyblend? I'd ask why it's so expensive but those ingredients look pricey. Where is this taken from, any idea?
          I don't know where the picture was taken, it was posted on another site as sort of a "WHUT?" kind of thing.
          No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
          -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• My wife has been wonderful, really - she's not primal herself, and isn't sure about it for her or the kids, but fully supports me doing it. She understands that it should help me manage my weight and risk for diabetes and other illnesses, and she's seen my positive results over the last year or two, especially the last few months.

That said, she still reverts to CW from time to time - understandable, since it's hard to totally break free from it. Yesterday morning, I made myself a beverage of canned coconut milk, instant coffee, cocoa powder, and a little maple syrup to sweeten - very delicious, by the way. Part of my attempt to break free from Diet Mountain Dew as a regular source of caffeine.

Upon seeing my drink, her reaction was: "How much coconut milk? Half a cup? All that fat can't possibly be healthy! I know it's supposed to be the good fat, but still - what's wrong with regular milk? (which in our house means rice or almond milk.)" For the record, my drink had about 200 calories, 20 grams of fat, and maybe 6 grams of carbs - hardly unreasonable!

This after a breakfast of GF apple cinnamon pancakes (for her and the kids) and eggs over easy (for me) - bacon was enjoyed by everyone. Guess who was hungry again by 11 AM, and who waited until 2 PM for a light lunch.

Comment

• I've been boiling ever since my long term, thin, friend asked about my diet. When I tried to explain about primal, others put in their 2 cents, so I never got the floor and the last thing I heard from my long term, thin, friend was I eat everything in moderation. It seems she just wanted to throw that out there and not really learn about primal at all. Should have known the minute the question was asked.
              Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
              CW: 10-11-16: 144
              GW: 130 a dream, I know
              Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Whoops.. I wondered why that woman was asking 'what is tacos' and was like "who the hell doesn't know what a taco is'.. but I was totally wrong!

I'd goto that coffee shop.

Comment

• The new gym instructor at my gym is interesting. I talk to him a fair bit and he is cool, but i'm not sure he is qualified.

Well he has the 'technical' qualifications and the paper but that doesn't mean shit to me. Anyway, I was talking to him after my workout today and I forget how it come up but he does 'stupid people doing 10 reps' and telling me that these days all that matters is strength and that everyone hates bodybuilders.. I said it depends what you want and personally I want a bit of both, I want strength but to also be muscular and look good and he's like 4-6 reps is all that matters for everyone.

Then we talked about food and the look on his face when I mentioned paleo.. "they've proven it doesn't work".

"Whos they"..
                  "Everybody..."

"Everybody? Well I read the book and it sounded good and I tried it and i've proven with my own experience that it works" and he's just like "but everything works". And I said "anyone can pay enough to come up with any results they want in a study, but it's getting me awesome results" and he went quiet and didn't really have much argument past "everybody has proven it doesn't work".

Coincidentally if I hadn't seen him working in the gym and working out there a few times i'd have no idea that he ever worked out because he is skinny and doesn't look like he's ever touched a weight... so much for his 'interesting' ideas and his great arguments that he couldn't expand on when I questioned it.

I guess personal training licenses are found in cereal boxes.

Comment

• Saw an article today where the clickable blurb headline was literally "Eat more cereal, live a long time"

An ingredient to a long life, in your cereal bowl - CNN.com

Oy.

Comment

• So I'm listening to the Diabetes Summit, largely because I'm sick as a dog and don't have much better to do. Rebooking holiday time, yay... eheh. So I was listening to the low carb diet stuff and I said to mom...

Me: Hey, can you imagine telling your co-workers that eating more fat and meat would be good for them? Would their heads explode?

Mom: Probably. I would never mention that summit to them... my boss's daughter tried to convince her that sugar is bad. Well, that's just crazy talk! Sugar isn't bad, you just need to take your insulin.

Me: ... Seriously?

Mom: Yep.

Me: Nothing can get in the way of those doughnuts, I guess.
                      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                        Saw an article today where the clickable blurb headline was literally "Eat more cereal, live a long time"

An ingredient to a long life, in your cereal bowl - CNN.com

Oy.
                        "If you can't stand the taste of high-fiber cereals, don't worry. Other popular cereals such as Cheerios have about 3g of fiber per serving, as do Honey Bunches of Oats
                        And if you don't want to spend hours reading labels at the grocery store, dietitian Lori Zanini said she tells her clients this fiber rule of thumb: "No animal product will naturally have this,"

Yikes
                        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

• Originally posted by picklepete View Post
                          "If you can't stand the taste of high-fiber cereals, don't worry. Other popular cereals such as Cheerios have about 3g of fiber per serving, as do Honey Bunches of Oats
                          And if you don't want to spend hours reading labels at the grocery store, dietitian Lori Zanini said she tells her clients this fiber rule of thumb: "No animal product will naturally have this,"

Yikes
                          Breaking News: Fruits and Vegetables have fiber and you don't have to read any bothersome labels. 1 apple has 4.4 g of fiber.
                          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                            Me: Hey, can you imagine telling your co-workers that eating more fat and meat would be good for them? Would their heads explode?

Mom: Probably. I would never mention that summit to them... my boss's daughter tried to convince her that sugar is bad. Well, that's just crazy talk! Sugar isn't bad, you just need to take your insulin.

Me: ... Seriously?

Mom: Yep.

Me: Nothing can get in the way of those doughnuts, I guess.
                            Sigh... your mom could be describing my dad! He's not a sugar fiend by any means, but he still eats his fair share, along with all the bread and cereal he pleases. He's sure that as long as he takes his insulin each day, he'll be fine.

This while he restricts his red meat consumption and loads up on the Egg Beaters, Smart Balance, and skim milk...
                            Last edited by classicalgeek; 03-27-2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by picklepete View Post

Yikes
                              Honey Bunches of Oats? That stuff is like dessert in a bowl! Seriously, my teeth hurt just thinking about it. A quick Google search shows it has 2g of fiber per serving, and five kinds of sugar on the ingredients label!

Now take a breakfast I have as a treat occasionally, which is hardly health food - a shake of canned pumpkin, protein powder, almond milk, spices, and an egg, sweetened with some xylitol and a touch of maple syrup. This has 9g of fiber along with a bunch of Vitamin A, protein, and other good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by classicalgeek View Post
                                Honey Bunches of Oats? That stuff is like dessert in a bowl! Seriously, my teeth hurt just thinking about it. A quick Google search shows it has 2g of fiber per serving, and five kinds of sugar on the ingredients label!
                                They have been showing a Honey Bunches of Oats commercial recently where a factory worker brags that she smells like cookies because she works there......
                                No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                                -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

Working...
                                X