No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I belong to forum for people with chronic pain. Generally I find it a little annoying listening to everyone's issues, but from time to time it's quite helpful to know that you are not alone. Most members appear to be quite CW, and suffer from multiple chronic illnesses, many are in very poor health. Recently someone on that forum posted a link to some article about sugar being the actual cause of heart disease. This caused quite a stir as it was new information for most of them, many were sceptical. I decided to post a comment about how I believed the article was accurate and that I had been following a paleo diet for the last three years, which I coincidently believe helps manage my pain levels to a degree (I'd been waiting for a way to bring that up). Next comment, "I couldn't do paleo, raw food messes with my gut", followed by about 4 others agreeing that raw food wasn't for them either.

Raw food? WTF? I said Paleo not raw food!

I tried to post another comment setting them straight, but that just went completely ignored. Well I tried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lizzielou View Post
      I belong to forum for people with chronic pain. Generally I find it a little annoying listening to everyone's issues, but from time to time it's quite helpful to know that you are not alone. Most members appear to be quite CW, and suffer from multiple chronic illnesses, many are in very poor health. Recently someone on that forum posted a link to some article about sugar being the actual cause of heart disease. This caused quite a stir as it was new information for most of them, many were sceptical. I decided to post a comment about how I believed the article was accurate and that I had been following a paleo diet for the last three years, which I coincidently believe helps manage my pain levels to a degree (I'd been waiting for a way to bring that up). Next comment, "I couldn't do paleo, raw food messes with my gut", followed by about 4 others agreeing that raw food wasn't for them either.

Raw food? WTF? I said Paleo not raw food!

I tried to post another comment setting them straight, but that just went completely ignored. Well I tried.
      Raw paleo sounds like a great way to get parasites... XD
      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
        I'll eat your sushi for you...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• That raw misconception seems to be out there. A friend of mine started paleo and when I told him I was primal, he was surprised that I only ate raw food!

Comment

• Overheard at Whole Foods yesterday, conversation between a girl (maybe 12 or so) and her dad (at least I assume he was) as they were looking at steaks (which had plenty of visible fat) at the meat counter:

Girl: Ewww, look at all that unhealthy fat!
            Dad: No, fat's good! Fat means flavor!

Dad for the win!
            Last edited by classicalgeek; 03-08-2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Probably her uncle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                I eat a lot of raw meat, I love the taste and texture right off the side of the steak. I cook my meat usually Blue if I cook it at all, I love the taste and texture of good bacon raw as well. I have since I was a kid and no parasites I know of. I have had food poisoning from hamburger a time or two so I cook it a little bit better if I dont trust the source so much. Certain foods like rabbit and bear and porc have to be cooked more but I prefer it as close to raw as possible.
                Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• Years ago I worked in a steakhouse and one frequent customer came in always trying to get us to serve him a raw steak. The manager said health department wouldn't allow that so the customer said throw it on the grill and flip is as soon as it lands then throw it on his plate. I can eat mine medium but not raw. Also my husbands uncle used to eat rW bacon and he never got sick from it. He did die in his late 60's but I'm not sure what the cause was, he may have been in his early 70's.

Comment

• After I went paleo and people got accustomed to me actually eating meat and being okay with it, I started saying I like my animals as close to still adorable as possible.

Comment

• This morning in the gym I learned that because women evolved separately from men, we shouldn't do even body weight bearing activities. Also that running is more stressful on women because of evolution.

Please.

This was from another female soldier.

Someone please shoot me in the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                        This morning in the gym I learned that because women evolved separately from men, we shouldn't do even body weight bearing activities. Also that running is more stressful on women because of evolution.

Please.

This was from another female soldier.

Someone please shoot me in the face.

but how will i stand up if i'm not supposed to do body weight activities?

am i going to be stuck in this chair forever?
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                          am i going to be stuck in this chair forever?
                          Best be getting a commode, just in case, else you could be in right strife....

Comment

• o:

SOMEONE CARRY ME TO THE BATHROOM, I'M A WOMAN
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                              o:

SOMEONE CARRY ME TO THE BATHROOM, I'M A WOMAN
                              You evolved to be carried.
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Not really CW, but:
                                https://twitter.com/jessmisener/stat...119169/photo/1
                                No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                                -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

Working...
                                X