• 1423756175108.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
      Please tell me this happened

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      Sure did.

Comment

• One of the news channels here had a cardiologist on showing how to make " healthy" chocolate truffles. Instead of adding butter or cream he said to use Smart Balance spread and add lots of agave because he used 75% dark chocolate. Yep, he recommends hydrogenated crap oils instead of either coconut oil or cream. I guess he knows how to keep his practice full - recommend crap that the body will turn into cholesterol and blame the eggs.

He did suggest one thing I liked though, roll them in freeze dried strawberry pieces. They were beautiful in the red coating!

Comment

• Gotta try these bacon roses for Valentines brekkie!

Comment

• None of the farm shops here have free-range bacon - even the best, who raise their own woodland pigs, and butcher them themselves, for the most delicious chops and roasts and sausages, buy in their bacon from "outdoor bred" pigs. I hate that. "Outdoor bred" - i.e. born outside, raised and kept in barns.

I'm not in the big city where I can get free range bacon, till after Valentines day.

Comment

• Heh, another one from the dad files...

Me: *peering through the cheese drawer in the fridge* I need parmesan cheese.

Dad: I'm going to the grocery store. I'll get you some.

Me: REAL parmesan cheese?

Dad: Of course!

Me: Well... alright. *it's free*

Later.

Me: *looks at the two tubs* I meant like a block... *looks at the front of the box* DAD! This is a processed cheese product!

Dad: That's a bit harsh -

Me: I'm reading the front label!

Dad: Oh. Sorry.

God, he never reads ANYTHING.
              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• my friend and I are having a bit of a disagreement

Me: I 'm not losing weight anymore, and I think its becaus eof too much cortisol

Her: well, thats unlikely but everyones different

Me: I've been moving more and eating less, and its not resulting in weight loss (90% paleo)

Her: you just need to do more exercise and make better food choices

Me: So.. exercise more and eat less?

Her: It works for me

Me: I thought everyone was different?!

Her: Weight loss isnt hard
                "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
                  my friend and I are having a bit of a disagreement

Me: I 'm not losing weight anymore, and I think its becaus eof too much cortisol

Her: well, thats unlikely but everyones different

Me: I've been moving more and eating less, and its not resulting in weight loss (90% paleo)

Her: you just need to do more exercise and make better food choices

Me: So.. exercise more and eat less?

Her: It works for me

Me: I thought everyone was different?!

Her: Weight loss isnt hard
                  This sounds like something out of Catch-22: The Diet Edition.
                  In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it just does not have to be in the morning.
                    yes!

Comment

• In a big Tesco in a quite poor area, free samples of two spreads "with butter" i.e. 60% "vegetable oil", 20% olive oil & 20% butter. There was a Tesco lady spreading it on warmed squashy sweet fruited loaf as free samples. As I passed, a couple of women stopped to look, and the Tesco lady said "...because people want their butter nowadays" slightly disapprovingly, and the women giggled nervously like it was a naughty treat.

Comment

• Just ew. 0_0

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• CW that you should eat all the time:

"When are you going to eat?"
                          "Did you have something to eat yet?"

"I had a huge breakfast" somehow isn't enough when it's mid-afternoon.

And talking about food and exercise all the time. I feel that since going Primal I think about food less and less.

Comment

• Have nbow been in 2 different supermarkets which have been promoting rapeseed oil with basically the same line: "less saturated fat than olive oil".

Comment

• Originally posted by fifer View Post
                              Have nbow been in 2 different supermarkets which have been promoting rapeseed oil with basically the same line: "less saturated fat than olive oil".
                              I really wish more companies would use the word "rapeseed" in the US. Everything related to it would work itself out on the name alone.

Comment

• I guess this fits here:

The young Bro at the gym who wore a lifting belt--a decent 4" leather one--for the entirety of his workout. During the Ab Rocker. During curls. During step ups to a bosu ball...

Comment

Working...
                                X