No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Cokes are addicting; there was a long time in my past when you would not see me without a diet coke in hand and another one at ready.
    Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
    CW: 10-11-16: 144
    GW: 130 a dream, I know
    Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Not much of a story really, but a cute girl on a dating site wrote she was vegan.. being in an asshole mood I sent "why on earth would you ever want to be a vegan" and she told me that in 10 years i'll wish that I was a vegan.

I'm not sure what happens in 10 years but i'll stick with what's given me results. I was gonna send back 'the only men i've seen who are vegans look like pussies' but I didn't haha.

-Ben

Comment

• I'm not so sure how funny this is but my husband overheard his students discussing Senior Projects, one teacher is giving credit for not eating any animal products for the rest of the school year. Apparently he does this every year.
        Someone needs to upset him by eating EXTRA animal products!

-Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by BensonElPosman View Post
          Not much of a story really, but a cute girl on a dating site wrote she was vegan.. being in an asshole mood I sent "why on earth would you ever want to be a vegan" and she told me that in 10 years i'll wish that I was a vegan.

I'm not sure what happens in 10 years but i'll stick with what's given me results. I was gonna send back 'the only men i've seen who are vegans look like pussies' but I didn't haha.

-Ben
          Before we met, my hubby met a gal via a dating site who said in an email that she was a vegetarian. He was in a snarky mood and wrote back it was fine with him as long as she didn't mind that he liked to eat the burned carcasses of furry little animals. She didn't write back...
          Age 55, post-menopausal, primal since August '12 with some dairy, lots of seafood, following PHD and the 5 Leptin Rules. Taking ThyroGold, eating RS and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

• Before we met, my hubby met a gal via a dating site who said in an email that she was a vegetarian. He was in a snarky mood and wrote back it was fine with him as long as she didn't mind that he liked to eat the burned carcasses of furry little animals. She didn't write back...
            HAHAHAHA that's awesome.

I ended up writing back "nah i'll stick to paleo as it's got me all my results, so you're going to have to learn how to cook steak for me".. for some reason she didn't reply.

-Ben

Comment

• guy at work stops to chat often, and told me last week he is going vegetarian. He's in his 50's. Says he can get all the protein he needs from plants. He decide dthis after watching some vegetarian propaganda video fork over knife or something?
              "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
                guy at work stops to chat often, and told me last week he is going vegetarian. He's in his 50's. Says he can get all the protein he needs from plants. He decide dthis after watching some vegetarian propaganda video fork over knife or something?
                Forks Over Knives is hilarious. In one scene they talk about a study done with rats in which the rats fed less protein developed less cancer. They take this as evidence that protein promotes cancer and therefore we should all eat low-protein diets. But they make the mistake of actually displaying the study's abstract on the screen. If you pause the movie you can read it.

Right there, in the abstract, it says the group fed the low protein diet died more. Significantly more. This implies we should really eat higher-protein diets. We might develop cancer but at least we'll actually be alive!

When I reached that scene and read the abstract, I laughed out loud. Unfortunately, most people will probably not read it and just accept the movie's biased interpretation.
                Last edited by Elliot; 02-01-2015, 06:51 PM.
                My opinions and some justification

Comment

• Originally posted by Elliot View Post
                  Forks Over Knives is hilarious. In one scene they talk about a study done with rats in which the rats fed less protein developed less cancer. They take this as evidence that protein promotes cancer and therefore we should all eat low-protein diets. But they make the mistake of actually displaying the study's abstract on the screen. If you pause the movie you can read it.

Right there, in the abstract, it says the group fed the low protein diet died more. Significantly more. This implies we should really eat higher-protein diets. We might develop cancer but at least we'll actually be alive!

When I reached that scene and read the abstract, I laughed out loud. Unfortunately, most people will probably not read it and just accept the movie's biased interpretation.
                  That made my soul hurt a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• I wil try and find that bit for him.

Thanks!!
                    "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Recipe search led to a weight watchers blog, and I thought, what the hell I'll check it out, it can't be that bad right?

Omg.

Everything is sad and pale and covered in a scattering of cheese and a shitton of bread.

The recipe I found contained 12 ounces of chicken and was estimated for twelve generous servings. One ounce of chicken in a "generous" serving??

Poor girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                        Recipe search led to a weight watchers blog, and I thought, what the hell I'll check it out, it can't be that bad right?

Omg.

Everything is sad and pale and covered in a scattering of cheese and a shitton of bread.

The recipe I found contained 12 ounces of chicken and was estimated for twelve generous servings. One ounce of chicken in a "generous" serving??

Poor girl.

That 12 ounces of chicken would be my meal. One serving, all mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by tapper47 View Post
                          That 12 ounces of chicken would be my meal. One serving, all mine.
                          That was actually my dinner last night. On top of some hempseed tabouli and an avocado.

Just for the lulz I poked around a few other "healthy" recipes. This one from the Kitchn, "Lighter stuffed shells with low fat cheese, the same stodgy pasta, and none of the satisfaction."

I really used to be a pasta fiend. Like could finish a whole basket of Olive Garden breadsticks and spaghetti with marinara (no meatballs). Now it just kinda grosses me out. Like wet bread. It's crazy like even the texture is just... ew.

Comment

• This is sort of the opposite of this thread but I want to vent... WHY is there so much bacon in my house?!? It's like every time they go out, my parents see more bacon on sale and they have to buy it. Damn it... sure, we eat bacon every morning, but we have like six packs in the fridge downstairs and more in the freezer. STOP IT with the bacon for a while!

Ohhhh well. It could be cake?
                            Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                              This is sort of the opposite of this thread but I want to vent... WHY is there so much bacon in my house?!? It's like every time they go out, my parents see more bacon on sale and they have to buy it. Damn it... sure, we eat bacon every morning, but we have like six packs in the fridge downstairs and more in the freezer. STOP IT with the bacon for a while!

Too much bacon can never be a problem.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                                This is sort of the opposite of this thread but I want to vent... WHY is there so much bacon in my house?!? It's like every time they go out, my parents see more bacon on sale and they have to buy it. Damn it... sure, we eat bacon every morning, but we have like six packs in the fridge downstairs and more in the freezer. STOP IT with the bacon for a while!

real food, paleo inspired bacon recipes

You're welcome

Comment

Working...
                                X