No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ones who drive me nuts are those who change their status hourly and keep a running list of their activities.
    When mama got sick when she was 84, the dr. couldn't believe that she had never had antibiotics. I tried to explain that she'd never had time to be sick and he said it didn't work that way. I said it did in our family.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
      My reaction to the truth of all the brilliance bloodorchid posted: a hard cringe.
      *bats lashes*

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
      BLUUUUUHHHHRRRGGGG.........

Though no **** I really wish people would actually say that first bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      i've seen your pic lady, you look freakin great
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
        Facebook statuses used to be: "[NAME] is:..."

And you'd have to fill it out in the third person "WaylandC is listening to Rammstein.

This was 9-10 years ago when it was still restricted to confirmed college e-mail accounts. It seemed more like a small community back then. I hardly use it at all these days. 'We weren't even friends in middle school and I thought you might be dead by now! Why are you adding me as a friend?!'
        My sister got me an invite back then, since she was in college (they opened it up to invites through the confirmed college .edu accounts). I was mostly friends with a couple other students who went on a trip to Italy with me. I still have all the pictures I shared with them in an album on my account.

I use it a lot now.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• My co-worker was complaining about getting fat (he's not) and that he should start going to the gym again but feels like it's "work" (yeah, it is dude). I told him not to eat ramen for lunch or it will make him fat and he said, "Really!? I eat it because it has 0 cholesterol and my doctor said mine is high." The Primal guideline seems to be that anything under 250 is probably fine and the number he told me was closer to 200. Sighs and mental facepalms.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• I joined Facebook right after they opened it up to the public. I wouldn't mind if they went back to the way it was then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              My co-worker was complaining about getting fat (he's not) and that he should start going to the gym again but feels like it's "work" (yeah, it is dude). I told him not to eat ramen for lunch or it will make him fat and he said, "Really!? I eat it because it has 0 cholesterol and my doctor said mine is high." The Primal guideline seems to be that anything under 250 is probably fine and the number he told me was closer to 200. Sighs and mental facepalms.
              If I remember right 200-220 is associated with the lowest mortality. I may need a fact/sanity check, but I don't really understand why if 200 is great and 170 is dangerous, why would they want is closer to the bad one?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                Friend on Facebook: "I have serious Mom Butt. It's totally flat. I guess it's time to start jogging!"

Me: "Um...low bar back squats and weighted hip bridges. You're welcome."
                Apparently, my ass was on TV at an event we had with the Governor. My co-worker said it looked AMAZING and just filled up the shot. While yes, that is pretty much sexual harassment, it is evidence that squats and glute bridges indeed fix flat ass syndrome. But yeah...the road to dat ass does not involve jogging.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• If I remember right 200-220 is associated with the lowest mortality. I may need a fact/sanity check, but I don't really understand why if 200 is great and 170 is dangerous, why would they want is closer to the bad one?
                  Answer: Statin sales must continue upwards.
                  The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

• I joined Facebook in 2006 or 2007 during my freshman year of college. Those were the days... Back when it was the "boring version of Myspace that nobody even uses" and "you can't even change your profile background like WTF." I say it went downhill when they added that annoying chat feature (and thank god quickly added the "turn off chat" option). 9 years later all my peers from back then are posting nonstop photos of their children, like WTF why would you put photos of your child on the internet? Nonstop baby photos in the midst of Buzzfeed articles and George Takei shares. I think it's time to sign up for whatever the boring version of Facebook that nobody uses is.
                    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Pardon my ignorance, why is it bad to put pictures of your kids online?

Sent from my XT1019 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        Pardon my ignorance, why is it bad to put pictures of your kids online?

Sent from my XT1019 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                        Yeah, why is that a bad thing? Unless you're including your name and address, then you're just an idiot. But for most of us anonymous peeps, why is it bad?
                        Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• I have no problem people sharing children pics, I do. I have privacy settings and know everyone I am friends with well.

But I find it a step too far when people post pictures of their kids either asleep or in hospital. For the kids sake if anything!

I saw a friend had put up a pic of their 11 year old daughter hooked up to machines, asleep under anaesthetic or something. Crazy.
                          "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                            Yeah, why is that a bad thing? Unless you're including your name and address, then you're just an idiot. But for most of us anonymous peeps, why is it bad?
                            Anonymous? Here on the internet?

I don't think so.

Facial recognition software, market research, etc. Can seem benign but everything posted is public, and the people with the tools and motivation to make use of your data are not your friends. The worst part I think is that it's teaching the kids that it's okay to post anything online. Then the corporations, world governments, and other groups know their political feelings, religious beliefs, habits, level of education, a list of their friends and family, and so many other things. Teenager posting something ridiculous out of anger could result in a visit from the fed, and the way things have been going with the fear thy neighbor stuff they could end up incarcerated. Who really knows what the data might be used for in the future. Want a career in politics? Prepare to have crazy things from your past dug up and used against you.

Post about how cool dropping acid is? Be known by the government as a potential person of interest. You could even be caught doing something illegal online. Buying drugs? Downloading copyrighted data?

Ideally we'd all stay away from most social media and post using tor. But of course, FBI now wants to be able to hack you legally if you're connected to tor. Not that they wouldn't do it illegally anyway.

If a person is doing something online that could land them in jail, they really should be doing so from a public network using a cryptographic OS like Tails and using tor. Those communications you really don't want anyone to know about should utilize PGP encryption. The internet is pretty serious stuff, and kids should know this. Whether immoral or whatever, it's become simple (and often accepted in some social circles) to do very illegal things. To do them unsafely is a great way to find yourself in trouble.

my extreme take on the issue
                            Last edited by Nellodee; 01-26-2015, 07:29 PM.
                            Music of the day/week/month/whatever:

K.A.A.N. - L.T.N. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWocmse1Ef4

Comment

• Well, I would say I disagree but the truth is, I never post up photos and my facebook 'name' is a generic name from a completely different ethnic group. So aside from massive amounts of online shopping, I suppose I follow your philosophy reasonably well. XD
                              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Nellodee View Post
                                my extreme take on the issue
                                Your post is 100% valid in my view. I still use FB, but post infrequently and keep my info fairly generic. I don't get mad at parents for posting pictures of their children, but it seems kinda unethical in that they're not old enough to consent to having their pictures posted online.
                                In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Working...
                                X