Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
    This is not funny. at all. but...

A friend of mine got a "Type 2 Diabetic" tattoo.
    i can't understand this thought process at all

Originally posted by Jason Paul View Post
    Years ago I had a friend/coworker who ate terribly (lots of junk food) and was about 50 pounds overweight. Then, she found out she was diabetic. She found out from a doctor's appointment late in the week, like a Thursday or Friday.

The following Monday she came to me in the office and said:

"At first when they told me I was diabetic, I was really upset and disappointed. But this weekend I went to the store, and they have sugar-free Twinkies, sugar-free cupcakes, sugar-free cookies, sugar-free candy, and all kinds of other stuff. So, I think I'm going to be OK with it."

... and...

Jason
    i don't feel the urge to legitimately say this often but bless her heart

it doesn't work like that
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• I mentioned the tattoo to a friend, and she seemed to think it was a good idea... like a permanent medical alert bracelet.... because diabetes is something you will always have - it's uncurable!
      *facedesk*

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason Paul View Post
        Years ago I had a friend/coworker who ate terribly (lots of junk food) and was about 50 pounds overweight. Then, she found out she was diabetic. She found out from a doctor's appointment late in the week, like a Thursday or Friday.

The following Monday she came to me in the office and said:

"At first when they told me I was diabetic, I was really upset and disappointed. But this weekend I went to the store, and they have sugar-free Twinkies, sugar-free cupcakes, sugar-free cookies, sugar-free candy, and all kinds of other stuff. So, I think I'm going to be OK with it."

... and...

Jason
        Reminds me of a friend who tells me "Just buy gluten-free bread, so you can have bread again." Will also check bag of Doritos to see if they contain gluten. "I think these are gluten-free, so you can eat them." I hate the term gluten-free. Labeling something that does not mean it's healthy.

Comment

• Friend on Facebook: "I have serious Mom Butt. It's totally flat. I guess it's time to start jogging!"

Me: "Um...low bar back squats and weighted hip bridges. You're welcome."

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
            Reminds me of a friend who tells me "Just buy gluten-free bread, so you can have bread again." Will also check bag of Doritos to see if they contain gluten. "I think these are gluten-free, so you can eat them." I hate the term gluten-free. Labeling something that does not mean it's healthy.
            yup... organic arsenic is gluten free..... AND organic... and will kill you....

Comment

• I once tried gluten free pitta bread.. it was horrible and half tasted like it was made out of plastic.

Doritos hahahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                Friend on Facebook: "I have serious Mom Butt. It's totally flat. I guess it's time to start jogging!"

Me: "Um...low bar back squats and weighted hip bridges. You're welcome."
                A) Why would you talk about you flat butt on facebook? Why do you want people to know that?
                B) If she jogs on a treadmill her butt will get even flatter!
                No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                  A) Why would you talk about you flat butt on facebook? Why do you want people to know that?
                  It's amazing what some people put on facebook. Way too many people have the need to tell everyone they are sick, again. Me, I just feel the need to tell everyone I'm at the gym, again. Everyone enjoys hearing about that right?

Comment

• Originally posted by BensonElPosman View Post
                    I once tried gluten free pitta bread.. it was horrible and half tasted like it was made out of plastic.

Doritos hahahaha.
                    I've never tried gluten free bread of any sort. Don't plan on it either. It really has become popular. When I order bunless burgers in a restaurant I'm amazed how many times I've heard I can get it on a gluten free bun if I like.

Comment

I've never tried gluten free bread of any sort. Don't plan on it either. It really has become popular. When I order bunless burgers in a restaurant I'm amazed how many times I've heard I can get it on a gluten free bun if I like.
                      I kind of can't stand the health halo effect. I tell people ALL THE TIME like so often that I'm sure people are afraid to bring it up around me anymore.

People say I must be trying to be healthy because I'm gluten free, but I'm gluten free because it makes me unwell and wreaks my face.

People say I'm so healthy because I have a juicer, but I juice because it's a part of GAPS and my gut is messed up.

People say I look so healthy because I buy supplements from the vitamin/health food store, but I take supplements because I'm treating an issue.

Just because you exude things from your diet, use expensive equipment, and take supplements doesn't mean you're healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                        I kind of can't stand the health halo effect. I tell people ALL THE TIME like so often that I'm sure people are afraid to bring it up around me anymore.

People say I must be trying to be healthy because I'm gluten free, but I'm gluten free because it makes me unwell and wreaks my face.

People say I'm so healthy because I have a juicer, but I juice because it's a part of GAPS and my gut is messed up.

People say I look so healthy because I buy supplements from the vitamin/health food store, but I take supplements because I'm treating an issue.

Just because you exude things from your diet, use expensive equipment, and take supplements doesn't mean you're healthy.

you look great! what's your secret, ritten? is it juicing? i've thought about going vegan and juicing for a while but i just don't have the will power you do haha
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                          *snip*
                          My reaction to the truth of all the brilliance bloodorchid posted: a hard cringe.

Comment

*snipped funny about today's facebook (ab)users
                            Facebook statuses used to be: "[NAME] is:..."

And you'd have to fill it out in the third person "WaylandC is listening to Rammstein.

This was 9-10 years ago when it was still restricted to confirmed college e-mail accounts. It seemed more like a small community back then. I hardly use it at all these days. 'We weren't even friends in middle school and I thought you might be dead by now! Why are you adding me as a friend?!'

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                              you look great! what's your secret, ritten? is it juicing? i've thought about going vegan and juicing for a while but i just don't have the will power you do haha
                              BLUUUUUHHHHRRRGGGG.........

Though no **** I really wish people would actually say that first bit.

Comment

It's amazing what some people put on facebook. Way too many people have the need to tell everyone they are sick, again.
                                There are some people I could swear that "being sick" is all they do, judging by their Facebook statuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X