Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
    Urban:

Been reading about Hashimoto for a bit. I do have hypothyroidism. Does that automatically mean Hashimoto? It has been confusing and my feet and hands get cold but I always thought it was the temp I keep my home.
    It doesn't necessarily mean you have Hashimoto's, but something like over 80% of hypothyroid is Hashi's. If your thyroid antibodies are elevated then you have it. Are you on medication for hypothroidism?
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
      It doesn't necessarily mean you have Hashimoto's, but something like over 80% of hypothyroid is Hashi's. If your thyroid antibodies are elevated then you have it. Are you on medication for hypothroidism?
      Yes, many years now. Dr. never said it was hashi tho
      Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
      CW: 10-11-16: 144
      GW: 130 a dream, I know
      Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Coworkers were talking about clam chowder. One was saying how her favorite recipe is browning some bacon and then using cream. She said it was delicious but a heart attack waiting to happen because it was so artery clogging.

Comment

• Friend talking about how her and her husbands diet changed after he had a heart attack....

"We are eating more salads now, and switched to whole wheat instead of white"

Comment

• I did make it to the grocery store and managed to forget the bread for the stuffing! Imagine that. I guess that is a win for primal.
            Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
            CW: 10-11-16: 144
            GW: 130 a dream, I know
            Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Yesterday I was called "yet another brain wash victim" after declining a soy protein veggie burger. She also said something about "bad science".

Was like ouch lady my feelings
              Music of the day/week/month/whatever:

K.A.A.N. - L.T.N. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWocmse1Ef4

Comment

• Found out I weigh about 35 lbs more than an athletic guy I know. He's all weird with hippie-type health ideas and stuff.

"Yeah, but you have 30 pounds of rotting meat in your colon."

Yup, those muscles I have, which account for our weight differential...are made out of rotting meat.

Comment

• "Yeah, but you have 30 pounds of rotting meat in your colon."
                  I need to remember this line the next time I want to tell someone they are full of crap.
                  The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

• And my pregnant sister told me she eats eggs only once a week because they're too high in fat.

I don't even... At least she eats avocados...?
                    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Nellodee View Post
                      Yesterday I was called "yet another brain wash victim" after declining a soy protein veggie burger. She also said something about "bad science".

Was like ouch lady my feelings
                      Hmm seems like someone's being ironically prophetic...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• The head of my department was handing out "Thank you" cards and with them a Snickers bar. She handed both to me and then said - I bet you don't eat those (snickers). I replied I didn't, but it was fine, no worries. She said I have something else for you. I was thinking - awesome - she remembered I don't eat processed junk food! I thought I would get a piece of fruit, etc. She pulled out a weight watchers candy and gave that to me instead. Nice try.

Comment

• so I have hit a bit of a plateau on my fat loss, and while trying to analyze what may be the cause, friend chirped in that maybe I should increase my carbs, like maybe even half a piece of toast?

Hmm toast as a weight loss tool! Amazing

The annoying part is she is doing CW and eats nutella on white bread for breakfast, cardio/ body weight stuff 5 days a week and is losing weight at a good rate, so anything I say is null and void.
                          "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• THat must be my sister!

Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
                            so I have hit a bit of a plateau on my fat loss, and while trying to analyze what may be the cause, friend chirped in that maybe I should increase my carbs, like maybe even half a piece of toast?

Hmm toast as a weight loss tool! Amazing

The annoying part is she is doing CW and eats nutella on white bread for breakfast, cardio/ body weight stuff 5 days a week and is losing weight at a good rate, so anything I say is null and void.
                            You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                            height 5'3
                            SW 215 lbs
                            CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                            LW 172 lbs
                            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• This is not funny. at all. but...

A friend of mine got a "Type 2 Diabetic" tattoo.

Comment

• Years ago I had a friend/coworker who ate terribly (lots of junk food) and was about 50 pounds overweight. Then, she found out she was diabetic. She found out from a doctor's appointment late in the week, like a Thursday or Friday.

The following Monday she came to me in the office and said:

"At first when they told me I was diabetic, I was really upset and disappointed. But this weekend I went to the store, and they have sugar-free Twinkies, sugar-free cupcakes, sugar-free cookies, sugar-free candy, and all kinds of other stuff. So, I think I'm going to be OK with it."

... and...

Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X