Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    That's pushing it in terms of vegetables. Love it.

I do understand treating yourself over the holidays- our office party had amazing home made egg nog, chorizo/goat cheese dates.... good stuff. But it really has turned into a season, hasn't it?
    I'm not against having some homemade holiday treats, but moderation people! My stomach hurt watching some of them eat, can't imagine what theirs felt like.

Comment

• And the season keeps getting longer. I used to think that people ate crazily from Tgiving to Christmas, maybe New Year. But now it seems to start at Halloween. Maybe someday, we'll all start eating on Labor Day weekend, and not stop 'til we drop dead by New Year.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        ...and not stop 'til we drop dead by New Year.
        I laughed

It is nuts though what things have become for some people around the holiday season.

Paleo jihad? Paleo jihad.

Comment

• And it's sad how much is neither home made nor good. A lot of the stuff is just manufactured junkfood, like a half step up from Chips Ahoy.

We do have pistachios at the office right now.YUM!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
            Paleo jihad? Paleo jihad.
            Geshundheit!

Magnolia, I know things have changed a lot since I worked a real job, but so often if someone requested better snacks and the receptionist or office manager complied, people were voracious for the fruit, and it disappeared as quickly as the cookies. Especially if there were bananas.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              Geshundheit!
              *wiping face* Thank you.

Comment

• Well, I'm at the office today. It's tropical level heat for no discernible reason, I feel ill, and I've done my part to keep us all unhealthy by bringing in gluten-free but otherwise awful almond cakes. However, they ARE handmade and delicious. However, the heat is giving me a headache. I might have to book off sick at this rate...
                Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• I feel your pain Wildrose. My office randomly fluctuates between sweltering and freezing. Everyone is mystified as to why, especially the building super. o.O Apparently, the thermostat is wired "wrong." Gotta love working for the government.
                  -Jim

Book: "Yes, I'd forgotten you're moonlighting as a criminal mastermind now. Got your next heist planned?"
                  Simon: "No. But I'm thinking about growing a big black mustache. I'm a traditionalist."

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                    Well, I'm at the office today. It's tropical level heat for no discernible reason, I feel ill, and I've done my part to keep us all unhealthy by bringing in gluten-free but otherwise awful almond cakes. However, they ARE handmade and delicious. However, the heat is giving me a headache. I might have to book off sick at this rate...
                    I also hate when buildings are over-heated in the winter. I keep my house quite cold (58F), partially because I am usually only there when sleeping most days, but also because it just feels weird to go from quite chilly to really warm when coming in from outside. I've heard some people say that this contributes to increased illness in the winter (the stress of going from hot to cold and back again over and over) and I think there may be something to that thought.

Comment

• I am the coldest person know to man. When people tell me I can't possibly be cold I like to put my ice cold hands down the back of their neck. (This is only effective not right after a meal, as I radiate heat after eating). Therefore in my office there is a fight between me my (and to some extent the other women) and the men. The female body only cares about keeping the baby maker warm, not my damn hands!

Comment

• Originally posted by MuchLove View Post
                        I am the coldest person know to man. When people tell me I can't possibly be cold I like to put my ice cold hands down the back of their neck. (This is only effective not right after a meal, as I radiate heat after eating). Therefore in my office there is a fight between me my (and to some extent the other women) and the men. The female body only cares about keeping the baby maker warm, not my damn hands!
                        As I woman with Raynaud's I feel you on the always cold hands thing. I keep an over sized sweater and a blanket at my desk. Office temps are actually easier for me in the winter because I'm already wearing warm clothes. In the summer with the AC though.... 85F outside, 75F in my apartment, and 60F in my office, not my favorite.
                        No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                        -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Ok, finally have a funny CW moment:

Me: "So, how's the Subway treatin' ya?"
                          Boss: "It's good...I mean, the stuff in it's good...too much bread, though. Maybe a little too much."
                          Me: "Huh..." *walks away*

It was one of their flatbread egg and tomato sandwiches. The eggs actually looked kinda good, and amazingly so did the tomatoes. Kinda wanted to just dig the insides out of her sandwich and run away with them. lol
                          -Jim

Book: "Yes, I'd forgotten you're moonlighting as a criminal mastermind now. Got your next heist planned?"
                          Simon: "No. But I'm thinking about growing a big black mustache. I'm a traditionalist."

sigpic

Comment

I am the coldest person know to man. When people tell me I can't possibly be cold I like to put my ice cold hands down the back of their neck. (This is only effective not right after a meal, as I radiate heat after eating). Therefore in my office there is a fight between me my (and to some extent the other women) and the men. The female body only cares about keeping the baby maker warm, not my damn hands!
                            I work at home, and after moving to a new place I've had to buy a little space heater for my office - it's always freezing cold in here.

Comment

For years I assumed that my low body temp, cold hands and feet were just the way I was wired. In my case it turned out that they were symptoms I should have looked into sooner as I was finally diagnosed with Hashimoto's in my early 50s but I'd been cold pretty much all my adult life. You may want to check out the signs of hypothyroidism.
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Urban:

Been reading about Hashimoto for a bit. I do have hypothyroidism. Does that automatically mean Hashimoto? It has been confusing and my feet and hands get cold but I always thought it was the temp I keep my home.
                                Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                                CW: 10-11-16: 144
                                GW: 130 a dream, I know
                                Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X