No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once upon a time I was subletting a room from a family in Santa Rosa. Yup, Northern California wine country, fresh fruit and veg available year-round and Trader Joe's a short bike ride away. We shared the kitchen, but not meals. Why? Well, I was eating dinners based on sale items from TJ's like caviar with sour cream (3 bucks a jar, this was Back in the Day), wine (2 bucks a bottle), king crab legs, fresh asparagus...meanwhile the roommates, in the interest of "eating healthy", were chowing down on...

...wait for it...

...a large bowl of fat-free microwave popcorn (shared).

Their teenage son, who wasn't down for the popcorn superfood goodness, usually ate his dinners at Burger King.

Sent from some place with working electricity and Internet
    "Your body isn't a temple--it's an amusement park! Enjoy the ride." -- Anthony Bourdain
    Sent from some place with working electricity and Internet
    "Your body isn't a temple--it's an amusement park! Enjoy the ride." -- Anthony Bourdain

My Journal: Cheap, Lazy, and Primal
    The CLaP soundtrack: Hear it on YouTube

Comment

• Overheard at the gym today: "Let's not work that hard, I don't want to get sweaty."
      No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
      -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
        Overheard at the gym today: "Let's not work that hard, I don't want to get sweaty."
        You actually saw Mr Anthony and Rich Mahogany?
        "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

• Originally posted by ilovesteak View Post
          Across the vast mountains, prairies, forests, and rivers spanning the US, RichMahogany's beard senses a faint disturbance in the MDA forum...
          In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• "When you eat meat it rots in your stomach for 3 days before you $hit it out."

(Takes a bite of sandwich.)

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by Elliot View Post
              While I understand why this is annoying, I feel I need to defend the server here. Many customers are idiots. I would not at all be surprised if someone ordered your meal without the chips and complained when they received a bill for the full amount, even if the server had mentioned it would cost that much. The server might simply be trying to avoid a future problem by determining that you definitely understand the situation.
              Entirely possible Elliot, but I think if you knew me you'd agree that just by looking at me everyone can plainly see I'm not an idiot...see below:

gurning.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ilovesteak View Post
                If only. So many abz...
                -Maimonodies

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Overheard at the gym today: "Let's not work that hard, I don't want to get sweaty."
                  This is funny

Comment

• Following the sweat theme...
                    I go to a hot yoga class and part of the reason I love it is for the sweat I get out of it. When other's ask me about it, their usual response is that it sounds too sweaty for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                      Following the sweat theme...
                      I go to a hot yoga class and part of the reason I love it is for the sweat I get out of it. When other's ask me about it, their usual response is that it sounds too sweaty for them.
                      I love hot yoga/bikram for the sweat as well! Also saunas and steam rooms.
                      -Maimonodies

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• My husband and I did some time as strict vegans. For months, his work colleagues watched him eat nothing but vegetables. After we switched to Paleo, my husband attended a business conference where a buffet lunch was served, so he helped himself to salad and some roast beef. All was quiet as the men sat around a table together, enjoying their first bites, when one of my husband's co workers noticed hubby's Paleo plate and yelled out loudly for all to hear: "DUDE! You're eating MEAT!"

Comment

• So, I was at a Greek restaurant with friends the other day at lunch and it was funny. They've known me so long that for many years I couldn't eat bacon or pork. It turns out that the inflammatory response of the gluten causes me to have problems with pork. And other things. So, for a long time, if I had pork, I had the requisite stomach upset, etc. My two friends know this and when I was ordering food, ordered souvlaki, which has pork.

And they both yelled out, "NO" at the same time. The server's face was precious. I told them that I could eat bacon and all it's delicious friends since I wasn't eating grains, but I'm not sure they were convinced.
                          The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                          Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                          Pope John Paul II

Comment

• It's death by food week at work. So. Much. Food. Each department has a potluck this week.
                            Today was my wing's holiday potluck. I brought bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese. Someone brought smoked salmon. Someone made a turkey. Not one vegetable (besides jalapeno that I brought) or fruit was present on that table. But I was able to eat at the potluck. Felt fine afterwards.
                            Things I heard others say after eating everything else that was brought:
                            -I'm sick
                            -Why do I eat so much
                            -I wish I could put sweatpants on
                            -I need bigger pants
                            -I need a nap now
                            -I'm skipping the next 2 weight watchers weigh-ins so I can recover from this week before weighing in
                            -I'm stopping weight watchers until Jan. Can't do it during the holidays
                            -I'm taking a plate back to my desk for an afternoon snack (had cookies, cakes, candies on it)

And they will do it all over again tomorrow....

Comment

• When faced with a choice of "bad" foods outside of the house, I make better choices. I wouldn't have been walking back to my desk with those things but I definitely understand it

Comment

• Not one vegetable (besides jalapeno that I brought)
                                wrapped jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese
                                That's pushing it in terms of vegetables. Love it.

I do understand treating yourself over the holidays- our office party had amazing home made egg nog, chorizo/goat cheese dates.... good stuff. But it really has turned into a season, hasn't it?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Working...
                                X