Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
    ...McDonalds has cakes? Is this an American thing? Although I haven't eaten at McD's for a while...
    I pick up McDonalds for my husband pretty regularly and I've never seen cake on the menu. Must be an American thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
      Thanksgiving and Christmas season also involve perfectly good produced used as decor. Meanwhile, 20% of American children live with food insecurity.
      My city has drop off areas for leaves and pumpkins after Halloween. I go every year to take the pumpkins because there are always piles of uncarved ones that people just throw away. Smh. I'm surprised more people don't do that.

Comment

• I was in line at the grocery store yesterday morning, and there was a mother and her son, probably 10 years old, behind me buying "breakfast." Mom had a pastry and a diet Coke, and the boy had a pastry as well. Apparently he was begging for a soda, and I heard the mom tell him that she didn't like him drinking so much of it. But he got what he wanted - a 20-oz bottle of regular Coke, all to himself. Sigh....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
          ...McDonalds has cakes? Is this an American thing? Although I haven't eaten at McD's for a while...
          Not sure if its all McDonalds or not. Not something they have on menu here either. Its the cake they provide when children have their bday parties at McD (do they still do that?). Some how people figured out you could buy the cake without the party. Like a secret menu thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
            Not sure if its all McDonalds or not. Not something they have on menu here either. Its the cake they provide when children have their bday parties at McD (do they still do that?). Some how people figured out you could buy the cake without the party. Like a secret menu thing.
            Oh please that is just too sad. I want to have faith in the human race but when I hear stories like that I have to shake my head and wonder what the world has come to.
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• SMH.... just got back from the annual "ladies" party.
              "How did you lose the weight", and I tell them about whole foods and weight training everyone is all OK and happy to ditch junk food, even bread and pasta.... then I mention not drinking to excess. "OH NO, I COULD NEVER". And of course "lifting will make me big".
              Well, enjoy your middle aged belly if you can't dump most of the beer and wine. And if by "big" you mean a small waist, big butt and boobs.... well that looks better than a beer gut.
              OTOH,
              The guy who did my HVAC was 50 and a god damn hottie. Guess who lifts weights, and avoids junk carbs? Yes. The very attractive 50 year old with that nice V shape to his body lifts weights, avoids junk carbs and looks great.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• SMH.... just got back from the annual "ladies" party.
                "How did you lose the weight", and I tell them about whole foods and weight training everyone is all OK and happy to ditch junk food, even bread and pasta.... then I mention not drinking to excess. "OH NO, I COULD NEVER". And of course "lifting will make me big".
                Well, enjoy your middle aged belly if you can't dump most of the beer and wine. And if by "big" you mean a small waist, big butt and boobs.... well that looks better than a beer gut.
                OTOH,
                The guy who did my HVAC was 50 and a god damn hottie. Guess who lifts weights, and avoids junk carbs? Yes. The very attractive 50 year old with that nice V shape to his body lifts weights, avoids junk carbs and looks great.
                Hahaha because of course it's instant and if you lift weights once you might all of a sudden wake up the next day with massive muscles!

Comment

• Had an interesting one earlier. I stayed at a girls place and we were talking in the morning about what we're doing for christmas.

I said i'm going to my auntie and uncles for lunch and then going to the gym because it's a normal gym day (my gym is always open and you just get a thing to scan to open the door when staff aren't there) and shes like "oh can't you just not go one day, for christmas you have to eat alot and put on weight". And I just said "well not me". I said "I know i'll probably be the only one there but I don't care because the gym is a priority for me.. and those other people aren't dedicated enough".

She couldn't seem to comprehend it, but it's good because it shows how much i'm dedicated to this, I don't care if conventional wisdom tells me "on christmas day you take the day off and must eat alot".. that isn't what I choose to do personally.

Comment

• I think going to the gym and eating a lot go hand in hand in Christmas :-)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by BensonElPosman View Post
                      Had an interesting one earlier. I stayed at a girls place and we were talking in the morning about what we're doing for christmas.

I said i'm going to my auntie and uncles for lunch and then going to the gym because it's a normal gym day (my gym is always open and you just get a thing to scan to open the door when staff aren't there) and shes like "oh can't you just not go one day, for christmas you have to eat alot and put on weight". And I just said "well not me". I said "I know i'll probably be the only one there but I don't care because the gym is a priority for me.. and those other people aren't dedicated enough".

She couldn't seem to comprehend it, but it's good because it shows how much i'm dedicated to this, I don't care if conventional wisdom tells me "on christmas day you take the day off and must eat alot".. that isn't what I choose to do personally.
                      I actually like going to the gym. It's fun for me.....I always kind of hated holidays where you sit around and eat because it's boring. Even before I started lifting, I'd go ride my horse or something.

Oh, and the cakes from McDonald's, they make mini-bundt cakes now and had coupons for free ones for a while. Someone I ride with was giving a bunch away. Just one more way to make people fat- add a couple hundred calories to the 300 calorie mc coffee break.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• The other day in my communications class, a peer gave a speech about the "dangers" of a fad dieta gluten free diet. I guess she didn't really understand the nutrition one can derive from bread and other grains can also be found in many other foods (except for gluten).

Comment

• We went into the restaurant at our local Ikea.
                          "Large meatballs with peas, please" I said.
                          "Do you want chips with that?" asked the server. [Note: this was in the UK ie chips = fries!]
                          "No thanks". I didn't go into detail.
                          "But they will charge you the full price," he said.
                          "No problem."
                          "Are you sure, they'll charge you the full price."
                          "I'm sure."
                          He handed me the plate over.
                          "Do you really not want the chips...they'll charge you the full price," he couldn't resist telling me one last time.

I mean, in terms of cost price allocation, the chips must be, what, 1 or 2% of the ingredient cost. While I never like to gift too much to big corporates, I think this time the couple of pence I was "giving away" were worth it. Ikea are welcome to the chips I don't want! He just couldn't comprehend it.

Comment

• Common thread for me. Once I mention no biscuit, no fries, they just have to make an announcement to all present - oh you must be paleo. Not for them to announce, guess, in my opinion.
                            Female back to the basics: 5-2017
                            CW: 2017: 150
                            GW: 130 a dream, I know
                            Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• ...and my breakfast this morning. Fry-up breakfast no beans, no toast. "Do you want something else instead (no charge)?" I asked for an extra egg. When the plate turned up there were 3 eggs (I thought the set standard was 1 and I was now getting 2...). Result! But no funny CW comment to go with it, unfortunately!

Comment

• Originally posted by MuffinTheMoose View Post
                                We went into the restaurant at our local Ikea.
                                "Large meatballs with peas, please" I said.
                                "Do you want chips with that?" asked the server. [Note: this was in the UK ie chips = fries!]
                                "No thanks". I didn't go into detail.
                                "But they will charge you the full price," he said.
                                "No problem."
                                "Are you sure, they'll charge you the full price."
                                "I'm sure."
                                He handed me the plate over.
                                "Do you really not want the chips...they'll charge you the full price," he couldn't resist telling me one last time.

I mean, in terms of cost price allocation, the chips must be, what, 1 or 2% of the ingredient cost. While I never like to gift too much to big corporates, I think this time the couple of pence I was "giving away" were worth it. Ikea are welcome to the chips I don't want! He just couldn't comprehend it.
                                While I understand why this is annoying, I feel I need to defend the server here. Many customers are idiots. I would not at all be surprised if someone ordered your meal without the chips and complained when they received a bill for the full amount, even if the server had mentioned it would cost that much. The server might simply be trying to avoid a future problem by determining that you definitely understand the situation.
                                My opinions and some justification

Comment

Working...
                                X