No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm down with the concept of a huge feast with loved ones as a special occasion, but this has morphed into eating season.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• My family never really saw it as feast days. It was days for family and a potluck meal, but far less about the food and more about family you haven't seen since the last holiday.
      CW moment: I was at the grocery store and a woman picked up a tube of Italian sausage and went "What on earth do people do with uncooked sausage?" Ummm.... cook it?!
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        CW moment: I was at the grocery store and a woman picked up a tube of Italian sausage and went "What on earth do people do with uncooked sausage?" Ummm.... cook it?!
        I overheard the same about winter squash and whole pineapples
        "No idea, I think they're ornamental"
        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

• Originally posted by picklepete View Post
          I take comfort in the fact that, when the zombies take over, these ones will be the first to go.

Sent from....right behind you....
          You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• So, we bought a different multivitamin for the kids and it was only when we opened them that we realised that they were gummi bears!

The nutritional information said that 2 gummis were the serving size, and had 3g of sugar in them (with a * by RDA for sugar, because 'no RDA has been established').

I weighed 20 gummis and a pair of gummis weighs 4 grams. So, 75% sugar in our healthy multivitamin.

SMH.
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Originally posted by CaveBug View Post
              I take comfort in the fact that, when the zombies take over, these ones will be the first to go.

Unless zombies prefer working brains.
              Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
              PS
              Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                I can't even go there. I have spent too much time on my survival plan and I never allowed for zombies with an I.Q. preference. Damn.

You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

Guess our pineapple plants would really baffle 'em.
                  Late 50s, post-menopausal, low carb with some dairy, following the 5 Leptin Rules, taking ThyroGold, eating lots o' fiber and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

They still think it's Halloween season where we do actually buy produce just to use as decorations

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                      Considering most of America is used to conventional products that have never stretched their limbs or protected themselves, I think a hardworking brain would be "too gamey" for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Drock View Post
                        They still think it's Halloween season where we do actually buy produce just to use as decorations
                        Thanksgiving and Christmas season also involve perfectly good produced used as decor. Meanwhile, 20% of American children live with food insecurity.

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                        Then I surmised that shirtless men in Viking garb with hot abs could be added to their staff to load cars.
                        That would certainly make me want to shop at Ikea more often.

Actual CW moment: I just spent a few weeks in India where the majority of public bathrooms are either a mix of western style (chair) and Indian style (squat over a hole in the ground) or only the Indian style. Most of the women I was travelling with would wait on long lines to use the western style stalls and bitch and moan if they had to use the squat stall. One woman actually said, "I never feel clean when I use those." Meanwhile, I preferred the Indian style toilets because squatting is easier than hovering. And you are less likely to make a mess....
                        No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                        -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• "You don't know what you are missing!"

Comment I got for not eating MCDONALDS CAKE at work today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                            "You don't know what you are missing!"

That's probably true (because no one really knows what's in that cake) but you can still be thankful that you didn't eat it.
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                              That's probably true (because no one really knows what's in that cake) but you can still be thankful that you didn't eat it.
                              McDonald's cake is an office favorite, and yes, I work with adults. I pulled up the ingredients label in the past. Sent it to everyone to let them know what they are eating. Think it had 70 some ingredients! But you're right - no idea what they are. Maybe 3 off the list were recognizable. Sadly that info has not stopped them from thinking its "so good!" Makes me gag to watch them eat it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                                "You don't know what you are missing!"

...McDonalds has cakes? Is this an American thing? Although I haven't eaten at McD's for a while...
                                Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Working...
                                X