No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can discourage ketosis, it isn't for everyone and I know that, but she was being extremely contradictory. The client looked really confused.

Sent from....right behind you....
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
      While snacking on cheese and crackers, today she says, I know I shouldnt, my cholesterol will go through the roof. Oh well I'll just go on stronger drugs.
      I cannot fathom this attitude at all.
      No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
      -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Nillos View Post
        I really don't see what's wrong with discouraging ketosis especially in a gym.
        It sounds more like she was confusing ketosis with ketoacidosis. In general, ketosis is not dangerous, although it can be uncomfortable for some people. Ketoacidosis is the dangerous one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          It sounds more like she was confusing ketosis with ketoacidosis. In general, ketosis is not dangerous, although it can be uncomfortable for some people. Ketoacidosis is the dangerous one.
          Meh I still don't think ketosis is a good idea.
          What to do: Eat real food, enjoy your food, get out into the sun as often as possible, move around, sleep well and early (like before 11 p.m.), have health as your main goal.

You are probably going to fail if you: Restrict carbs or fat or calories, avoid fruit (because sugar derp), punish yourself with diet/exercise, have weight loss as your only goal,....

Comment

Meh I still don't think ketosis is a good idea.
            Not a good idea for whom? It seemed like a good idea for these people: everything about keto

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
              Not a good idea for whom? It seemed like a good idea for these people: everything about keto
              It's a reddit sub forum what about it?
              What to do: Eat real food, enjoy your food, get out into the sun as often as possible, move around, sleep well and early (like before 11 p.m.), have health as your main goal.

You are probably going to fail if you: Restrict carbs or fat or calories, avoid fruit (because sugar derp), punish yourself with diet/exercise, have weight loss as your only goal,....

Comment

• Today in the gym I watched a trainer take some little older lady--who clearly needed some fundamental mobility work--through all manner of useless exercises. Towards the end of my lifting, I overheard him tell her, "All right...now let's go do BICEPS!"

Yeah, if there's anything this lady needed, it's gunnnnnzzzzzzz.

Comment

• When you write on Facebook about how UK taxpayers (I'm a UK taxpayer) should not have to pay for obese people having gastric bypass surgery on our NHS because it's essentially their own fault for being obese.

Oh the abuse I got for upsetting the poor fat people...

"They can't help being fat, at least they're doing something about it" Erm no instead of embarking on a good diet and exercise plan they're taking the easy way out.

"They have big bones, it runs in the family" You don't have to fill your bone structure with 50 buckets from KFC and 20 Big Mac meals.

"They're having a gastric band because they have something wrong with their ankles, knees etc" Yes probably because of all the excess fat and weight being forced upon them.

Obviously no one seemed to like my responses. I'm just a cold hearted bitch who has no sympathy for obese people. Well no, you're your own worst enemy when it comes to food, so why should the general public pay for your mistakes?

Comment

• Funny CW moments

What's even funnier is when the people who have had the surgery still manage to scoff a packet of doughnuts daily....

HAVE YOU NOT LEARNED YOUR LESSON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

Comment

• My FIL once said he can't lose weight no matter how little he eats.

Comment

• Not sure if you can call this a CW moment but it was amusing...

Me: *making coffee* DAMN!
                        Mom: What?
                        Me: You left the spoon for the bacon grease out. I just used it to stir my cream into my coffee and now there's bacon fat floating on top.
                        Mom: Nasty.
                        Me: ... *takes a sip* It doesn't taste that bad actually.
                        Mom: Don't tell your sister.
                        Me: XD
                        Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Lottie92 View Post
                          What's even funnier is when the people who have had the surgery still manage to scoff a packet of doughnuts daily....

The sad fact is they dont likely understand the lesson being demonstrated. The messages being dumped on us are so confusing misdirecting and obfuscating that people have become numb to reality. Gastric bypass is being pushed by the medical industry instead of sensible eating education. How exactly do you expect these people to learn anything?

It takes a huge leap of faith and a certain stubbornness of personality to buck the system the way Paleo folk do. Not everyone can figure out which path is right for them and stick to it. How many people will look at you like a madperson when you try to explain how you eat and why?

Sure it is easy to scream idiot at these people but what does this solve? How does this help? We in Canada also have "universal health care" and it is easy to be gruntled over my taxes being wasted trying to help that looser but in the end our system is designed to allow people the maximum freedom of lifestyle possible and still have medical treatment that does not bankrupt people.

I am more gruntled over my taxes going to corporate welfare and redonkulous military interventions and blatant waste than I am over the comparatively minor costs of people desperately trying to survive.

The moral of this is dont be an ass towards people who dont know better, try to show them a better way.
                          Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                            The moral of this is dont be an ass towards people who dont know better, try to show them a better way.
                            I tried that for years but I must sadly confess that I'm way past that ideological belief. Most people are just too darn stupid. Our society has developed a way for them to somewhat survive. Nature used to correct these things in the past.
                            "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

It's a reddit sub forum what about it?
                              all those people do keto and their thyroids haven't fallen out

Originally posted by Lottie92 View Post

no, no one taught them about relationships with food. they wanted their guts hacked out because they were desperate. if the doctors do tell them anything, it's 'eat protein first'. protein could be cocktail weiners sitting in a bowl of bbq sauce or the burger patty from mcdonalds.

bariatric surgeries are just bad juju, the average person thinks they're doing the right thing because that's what science and magazines tell them and don't know why they can't lose weight

others are self blind to what they're actually eating

others are downright addicted

regardless, surgery is a bandaid over a sucking chest wound
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

• https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/...t-harm-hearts/

...I don't even... *cries*
                                Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Working...
                                X