Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
    That sounds like a recipe from epic meal time.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it just does not have to be in the morning.
      Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
        I would be annoyed by that..... But holy hell, I hate seeing the normal weight ones who nosh on muffins, candy, have a big sub and chips for lunch. I'm just like, what fucking lottery did you win that you can eat whatever, whenever. I work with a stunning girl, slender, glowing skin. She eats carbs all day long. Bready carbs. She'll grab a bagel or muffin or cookie or whatever.

fml.

No kidding. Or the ones who have never had a weight problem in their life, but eat crap all the time and then tell people it's because they eat six small meals a day. Or the humble brag, "I don't know WHY I'm not 300 pounds!"

I like to think it will catch up to them - maybe not in the form of weight gain, but some other health ailments they will no doubt attribute to just "bad genes." Then again, sometimes hard alcohol and drug use seems to keep people going - like Keith Richards. But there are different standards for rock stars. 'Cause they're cool.

If something's chasing you for more than a mile, you'd better start thinking of another plan.

Old, boring journal!http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106774.html

New, cool journal that actually reflects my personality!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1605249

Comment

• Welp on the other hand cw people wonder how I don't get fat after eating thrice as much as they did for lunch.... And then they have a piece of cake or a sugary yogurt.

And they might just be thin/healthy looking because they take care of themselves in every other aspect of life.
          What to do: Eat real food, enjoy your food, get out into the sun as often as possible, move around, sleep well and early (like before 11 p.m.), have health as your main goal.

You are probably going to fail if you: Restrict carbs or fat or calories, avoid fruit (because sugar derp), punish yourself with diet/exercise, have weight loss as your only goal,....

Comment

• Found the following just now on a website for IBS. What foods to avoid! I've suffered from IBS since I was in my early teens (or at least that's what I remember).

Meat, dairy products, and egg yolks are particularly dangerous for all aspects of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. In some people their high fat content causes violent, rapid colon spasms and triggers diarrhea. Alternately, for others their heavy animal proteins, complete lack of fiber, and very low water content can lead to drastically slowed colon contractions (or one prolonged colon spasm, which is extremely painful) and severe IBS constipation. No matter what Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms you're prone to, these three categories of foods pose high risks and are trigger foods really best eliminated from your diet altogether.
            That's pretty much the majority of my diet, and no, those things don't cause me problems in and of themselves. For instance, today I had food from a restaurant (ordered through work) - steak with grilled vegetables. Something I've made at home many times. Well, I had a rather awful reaction to it and emailed the restaurant to see what cooking oil they used (as I suspect these days I'm even more sensitive to certain seed/legume oils than even gluten). They cook in non-GMO canola oil. Ding Ding Ding. But, you know, according to the wisdom above, it was the steak.
            Last edited by ampespidi; 10-23-2014, 02:56 PM.

If something's chasing you for more than a mile, you'd better start thinking of another plan.

Old, boring journal!http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106774.html

New, cool journal that actually reflects my personality!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1605249

Comment

• I know a lot of people that think non-GMO oil is good for you.
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• STudents from UF came to the school I work at today. This school is for students with emotional behavioural disabilities. The UF students were there to provide a presentation on how advertising effects cigarette smoking. They were 'very passionate' about the middle/high school student's health. So passionate they were willing to pass out gummy lifesavers and skittles. For my students with ADHD, Autism and a whole host of other emotional/mental/physical disabilities. I wanted to scream.
                You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                height 5'3
                SW 215 lbs
                CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                LW 172 lbs
                GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                  They were 'very passionate' about the middle/high school student's health. So passionate they were willing to pass out gummy lifesavers and skittles.
                  Reminds me of the low income school districts that only have an athletic program if the kids sell candy bars
                  37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

• This recipe is filling up my FB page. People raving about how good it is.

Doritos Chicken Casserole

Ingredients
                    3 c. shredded cooked chicken
                    2 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend (divided)
                    1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
                    1/2 c. milk
                    1/2 c. sour cream
                    1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes (drained) or 1 c. salsa
                    1/2 packet taco seasoning mix
                    1 lg. bag Doritos
                    Chopped lettuce (optional)
                    Diced tomato (optional)

So take what could be a chicken salad, but instead add a can of condensed soup and a bag of doritos, and oh ya, veggies optional, and now it's awesome! UGH

Comment

• It wouldn't be too hard to make a primal version of that...
                      But, yeah, ugh!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Aw c'mon, the recipe isn't so bad. I'd just eat the Doritos separately. MUUU-HAHAHAHAAAA!

Comment

• My sister makes that Doritos chicken casserole and I didn't like it even before discovering primal. The Doritos get soggy. Make me think about eating them after someone else chewed them up. Yuck!

Comment

• I was eaves dropping on a conversation one of the trainers was having with her client today. Pretty depressing. Gotta say though, it started off ok. She was telling her about how, "no, no, your body NEEDS fat and protein, it's good for you." I was high fiving her in my head and then she dropped this little gem, "But if you go into ketosis, that is dangerous. Besides, it's impossible to avoid carbs, they are literally everywhere. People always revert to their old ways and gain all the weight back."

WHAT?! I just heard you tell your client to eat foods that would put her in a ketogenic state for weight loss but don't bother because it's dangerous and you'll fail anyway? Why are you coaching people?!
                            You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• I'm so sick of trying to inform people about what I've learned, I just have to stop.

Lady at work is on statins, is worried about her health but as her grandparnets died from heart attacks, thinks they are going to save her life to keep her cholesterol down.

While snacking on cheese and crackers, today she says, I know I shouldnt, my cholesterol will go through the roof. Oh well I'll just go on stronger drugs.
                              "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Originally posted by CaveBug View Post

WHAT?! I just heard you tell your client to eat foods that would put her in a ketogenic state for weight loss but don't bother because it's dangerous and you'll fail anyway? Why are you coaching people?!
                                I really don't see what's wrong with discouraging ketosis especially in a gym.
                                What to do: Eat real food, enjoy your food, get out into the sun as often as possible, move around, sleep well and early (like before 11 p.m.), have health as your main goal.

You are probably going to fail if you: Restrict carbs or fat or calories, avoid fruit (because sugar derp), punish yourself with diet/exercise, have weight loss as your only goal,....

Comment

Working...
                                X