Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
    after years of undiagnosed blood sugar issues, where I would constantly think about food, plan food, talk about food, look at pictures of food, worry about where my next meal was and how big it was going to be, would I still be hungry afterwards, if I wanted more would people notice and comment, what would I eat etc - I have finally, these past few months, after being primal for nearly a year, got my appetite totally under control. I eat if I'm hungry, and don't if I'm not. The end. Magic. Sometimes I'll eat once a day, sometimes 3. I eat low carb, real food.

My p trainer told me to start snacking to boost my metabolism..
    I love this one!

I hear it all the time! Funny part is who's telling me this info...

Since starting primal/paleo I am not hungry in the morning. I usually eat my first meal of the day around 1-2 pm. My overweight co-workers are constantly telling me how important breakfast is - because it jump starts your metabolism in the morning, and how skipping meals shuts it down. Let's see, I don't eat breakfast, but managed to lose 60 lbs. Co-workers eat all day, keep gaining weight. Yes, I must be the broken one, obviously.

Comment

• The only thing important about breakfast is that you actually break your fast. Otherwise, you starve to death

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
        I love this one!

I hear it all the time! Funny part is who's telling me this info...

Since starting primal/paleo I am not hungry in the morning. I usually eat my first meal of the day around 1-2 pm. My overweight co-workers are constantly telling me how important breakfast is - because it jump starts your metabolism in the morning, and how skipping meals shuts it down. Let's see, I don't eat breakfast, but managed to lose 60 lbs. Co-workers eat all day, keep gaining weight. Yes, I must be the broken one, obviously.
        My only problem is I dont have a good comeback for this!
        "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
          The only thing important about breakfast is that you actually break your fast. Otherwise, you starve to death
          more "ancestral" nonsense

go baaa somewhere else, sheep. there are plenty of people who don't eat and they're fine.
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
            You could tell them that "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day," is a marketing slogan from the Kellogg company. In the 1940s, Kellogg did a study on children (either seven year olds or nine year olds) and found that children did better in school if they ate breakfast. They then extrapolated this on to the entire population, adults and all. The entire notion is a marketing scheme to get everyone to eat cereal for breakfast.

Or, you could tell them to shut the hell up, but that's probably not really politic on the job.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• My overweight co-workers are constantly telling me how important breakfast is - because it jump starts your metabolism in the morning, and how skipping meals shuts it down.
              I would be annoyed by that..... But holy hell, I hate seeing the normal weight ones who nosh on muffins, candy, have a big sub and chips for lunch. I'm just like, what fucking lottery did you win that you can eat whatever, whenever. I work with a stunning girl, slender, glowing skin. She eats carbs all day long. Bready carbs. She'll grab a bagel or muffin or cookie or whatever.

fml.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                I would be annoyed by that..... But holy hell, I hate seeing the normal weight ones who nosh on muffins, candy, have a big sub and chips for lunch. I'm just like, what fucking lottery did you win that you can eat whatever, whenever. I work with a stunning girl, slender, glowing skin. She eats carbs all day long. Bready carbs. She'll grab a bagel or muffin or cookie or whatever.

fml.
                You'd probably hate me as well :-) I've always been thin and have to eat like a horse to maintain the 20lb or so that I've gained since going Primal and lifting weights. I honestly think that I have some malabsorption issues though. So I guess it's a blessing and a curse. I wonder how many people who can "eat whatever they want and not gain a pound" have issues with absorbing/assimilating what they eat.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  You could tell them that "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day," is a marketing slogan from the Kellogg company. In the 1940s, Kellogg did a study on children (either seven year olds or nine year olds) and found that children did better in school if they ate breakfast. They then extrapolated this on to the entire population, adults and all. The entire notion is a marketing scheme to get everyone to eat cereal for breakfast.

Or, you could tell them to shut the hell up, but that's probably not really politic on the job.
                  Oh how I would love to!

Sometimes I throw back a bitchy comment like "If I did eat breakfast, it wouldn't be a chemical concoction like that, *points to their breakfast* that's for sure."

Makes me smile inside, and usually does get them to shut the hell up.

Comment

fml.
                    Not fair at all! Hopefully it catches up with her I swear my jeans get tighter just walking by subway smelling the bread in the air.

Comment

fml.
                      My sister is like that. Last night I drove her and her husband around to run some errands and they bought 6 large cinnamon buns from Cinnabon with an extra huge container of icing, which they stuffed into their faces while we drove to McDonalds where they got poutines and chicken nuggets. Then off to another store where they bought $50 worth of chocolates and ate that on the way home. This was after they'd already eaten dinner. It's a pretty regular thing with them, going on fast food binges at the end of the day. Both thin. I want to punch them in the face.

Comment

fml.
                        I am actually beginning to think the lucky ones are the ones who do get obese. Why? Inflammation happens when you eat carbs. When you get obese it means your fat cells are still open to store the fat and get blood sugar out of the body where it can do a lot of damage.

I'd rather glycation not be happening and get obese than be skinny fat and perhaps developing type 2 even sooner.

Of course I like my wonderful health now best, no thank you to too many carbs regardless if I get obese or not. But it is no 'sweet deal' not getting obese from carbs if you think of it holistically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                          I actually am more irritated when it comes from people with less body fat/ thinner thighs than me. Even if you wouldn’t say anything to your coworkers, at least in your mind you can feel satisfied you are successful where they fail (smugness is next to godliness). Last time I got the eat breakfast lecture it came from very slim, fit friend and her BF. They are both endurance athletes and CW healthy all the way. I’ve tried to explain my views on food/exercise in the past and now I have just given up. My friend has a smaller waist than I do, so obviously she knows better about eating healthy and how important it is to run. Meanwhile, last winter she had a sinus infection that lasted for months and I haven’t been sick in years.

Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
                          Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
                          The only thing important about breakfast is that you actually break your fast. Otherwise, you starve to death
                          I think you found one right here! (As long as you don’t mind being a bit flippant.)

Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                          Not fair at all! Hopefully it catches up with her I swear my jeans get tighter just walking by subway smelling the bread in the air.
                          Last time I came through international customs at JFK, as soon as I walked through the doorway I was hit with a blast of subway smell. The shop was more than 50 feet away. Welcome home!
                          No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                          -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry_nAustin View Post
                            I am actually beginning to think the lucky ones are the ones who do get obese. Why? Inflammation happens when you eat carbs. When you get obese it means your fat cells are still open to store the fat and get blood sugar out of the body where it can do a lot of damage.

I'd rather glycation not be happening and get obese than be skinny fat and perhaps developing type 2 even sooner.

Of course I like my wonderful health now best, no thank you to too many carbs regardless if I get obese or not. But it is no 'sweet deal' not getting obese from carbs if you think of it holistically.
                            You have a point there. My mom's boss has type 2 diabetes and can't give up her donuts. Just take more insulin! She's thin. Healthy? Not so much.
                            Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• "I'm making spaghetti and meat sauce for dinner. We've got 4 sick kiddos and a sick momma at home. We seem to get every bug that goes around."

On Facebook, from the lady who got gastric bypass surgery and still got up around 400 lbs afterwards...

Comment

• in regards to this comment... i dated a girl in Alabama and one of the reasons she couldnt be with me was that she felt bad about herself because of the choices I would make vs hers. AKA insecure .

Comment

Working...
                                X