Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    "See, I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything. And right before I feel I'm going to faint, I eat a cube of cheese. I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight."
    Haha that movie is classic.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• I just read the book that is circulating around the office for the 5:2 dieters. The example 5 meal includes a packet of chips and a chocolate bar, and advises healthy fats like vegetable oils.
      "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
        I just read the book that is circulating around the office for the 5:2 dieters. The example 5 meal includes a packet of chips and a chocolate bar, and advises healthy fats like vegetable oils.
        What on earth is a 5:2 diet?

Sent from....right behind you....
        You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaveBug View Post
          What on earth is a 5:2 diet?

You can eat like shit for 5 days each week as long as you eat very little (like 500 Calories) the other two days. Seriously, it's a thing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drock View Post
            You can eat like shit for 5 days each week as long as you eat very little (like 500 Calories) the other two days. Seriously, it's a thing now.
            Co-worker did it. For 2 weeks. She was stuffing her face with donuts, cookies, fast food, you name it on the 5 day eat whatever. Good diet plan. I think she quit when her weight went up.

Now she has moved on to weight watchers, which I'm not totally against, except for the fact it's not a healthy diet unless you make it. The easiest way to do WW is to buy prepackaged foods so points are easy to figure out.

Yesterday she was eating some rice cake things with a look of disgust on her face.
            Me: Do you not like those?
            Her: They are not very good, but for only a couple points they are a good snack.
            Me: Why do you eat something you don't like?
            Her: *blank confused look*

She never did come up with an answer.
            She has also complained about how gross every boxed microwaved lunch has been this week....

Comment

• he he check out these images of pack shot vs real life packaged meals.. Most are Weight watchers meals

MMM yuuuuu-ck

Product vs Packshot - The Checkout - ABC TV
              Last edited by Badgerfaced; 09-25-2014, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• My daughter has a degree in digital animation, and her education included advertising and photoshopping. She says everything on food packaging is carefully arranged and photoshopped, including the colors and fonts, to make you hungry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Actually, the 5:2 eating plan discussed in the BBC documentary recommended eating well for five days and "fasting" (500 cal) for two days. The context was really about fasting.

It turned out that as far as some blood markers were concerned, doing the 5:2 for six weeks resulted in the same benefits as one 96 hour fast of fewer than 500 cal/day.

While it's true that the documentary didn't give food guidelines, and even showed them going to a McD's, it's a stretch to say that the original plan encouraged gorging one's self on donuts or garbage. But it doesn't surprise me that someone latched onto the 5:2 and created yet another magic, easy way to lose weight. Of course it won't work that way, but books will be sold, and money will be made.

It reminds me of the people who used to come to Primal, and the things that they latched on to were nuts, red wine, and dark chocolate. Primal, of course, was the problem.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I just read the book that is circulating around the office for the 5:2 dieters. The example 5 meal includes a packet of chips and a chocolate bar, and advises healthy fats like vegetable oils.
                    Every now and then I open this thread, to stay up to date on the "nonsense thinking" circulating thru society.

Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drock View Post
                      This sounds exactly like the diet many ladies I know eat when they try to lose weight.

They say screw this, and eat almost nothing for a couple of days, to force themselves to lose some weight. Then they go off the rails and binge for 5 days until they wake up in a puddle of tears and running mascara, and vow to stick to it this time. Then they manage to eat super light again for only 2 days....

Comment

he he check out these images of pack shot vs real life packaged meals.. Most are Weight watchers meals

MMM yuuuuu-ck

Product vs Packshot - The Checkout - ABC TV
                        Dear lord those are depressing. And what's more depressing is that I totally used to eat lean cuisine dinners all the time in college. Oh youth, stupid youth.
                        No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                        -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• same. I went through a WW convenience meal phase. A bowl of salty sludge that was far far too small. I was always hungry again an hour later, but that was just because I 'had no will power'

Comment

• At the grocery store, they're selling candied apples. A mom and her two kids walked by,
                            "I want that!"
                            "No you don't." I foolishly think, good for you mom!
                            "Why?"
                            "It's fruit in there."
                            "Eeew"

Right. The fruit is what's wrong with that nightmare.

You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Ran across this article about the US dropping high calorie foods, including Pop Tarts, in Afghanistan.

As bombs fall, so does food aid - Baltimore Sun

From the article:

The Pop-Tart is now a tool in the U.S. military arsenal: The Air Force is flying sorties over Afghanistan and dropping the breakfast treat, along with other high-calorie foods, in a campaign to stem hunger and send a message of good will from America.
                              My first two thoughts were, a) Is this illegal under the articles in the Geneva Conventional banning chemical weapons? and b) Perhaps this is a CIA scheme to make the Taliban fat and weak so they are easier to catch.
                              Randal
                              AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                              Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                              http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• after years of undiagnosed blood sugar issues, where I would constantly think about food, plan food, talk about food, look at pictures of food, worry about where my next meal was and how big it was going to be, would I still be hungry afterwards, if I wanted more would people notice and comment, what would I eat etc - I have finally, these past few months, after being primal for nearly a year, got my appetite totally under control. I eat if I'm hungry, and don't if I'm not. The end. Magic. Sometimes I'll eat once a day, sometimes 3. I eat low carb, real food.

My p trainer told me to start snacking to boost my metabolism..

Comment

Working...
                                X