No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy around here ... this just baffled me.

From the WebMD page about hunger hormones

"Are there ways to control our "hunger hormones," and thus rein in our appetites? Possibly -- by avoiding high-fat foods.

When we eat, messages go out to various parts of our bodies to tell us we've had enough. But when we eat fatty meals, this system doesn't work as well, says Dallman. Eating fat tends to lead to eating more calories, gaining weight, and storing fat, Dallman says. Researchers have seen some of these effects after only three days of a high-fat diet."

The whole page - Your 'Hunger Hormones'

Wha?

Comment

• New guy around here ... this just baffled me.

From the WebMD page about hunger hormones

"Are there ways to control our "hunger hormones," and thus rein in our appetites? Possibly -- by avoiding high-fat foods.

When we eat, messages go out to various parts of our bodies to tell us we've had enough. But when we eat fatty meals, this system doesn't work as well, says Dallman. Eating fat tends to lead to eating more calories, gaining weight, and storing fat, Dallman says. Researchers have seen some of these effects after only three days of a high-fat diet."

The whole page - Your 'Hunger Hormones'

Wha?

Comment

• Facebook image:
        https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/...fe&oe=54530617

Me: Adult onset type 2 diabetes is completely self-inflicted. There is no need to implore the search for a cure. People should just stop giving themselves diabetes.

Lady: That is one of the most judgmental things I have ever read! Until you have walked in someone shoes you don't know what it is like to be them and to deal with the challenges they have. BTW, this says nothing about which type of diabetes, but I pray for a cure for all types!

Me: Lol.

Lady: So funny...not laughing. I have friends and family members that have dealt with Diabetes. Not a laughing matter. Some are able to control with their diet, but that can be very difficult. If only we were all perfect...

Me: Adult onset type 2 diabetes only exists in peoples who eat vegetable oil, refined flour, and other non-food items. It's really obvious. Like dropping a rock on your foot will hurt your foot, eating crud will give you diabetes. It's not complicated.

Me: So pretending it's a serious, incurable disease is laughable. Especially since people cure themselves of it all the time..

Me: I was pre-diabetic. It was awful. So I fixed it.

Lady: Well, too bad everyone isn't as perfect as you...

Me: If people can't put down a twinkie and eat a steak, it's their problem. Eating real food doesn't take perfection. It takes common sense.

Lady: So easy to judge...

Me: Nope.

Me: How is this judging? As a former food addict myself, I've been in these shoes. You know I lost 50 pounds, right?

Me: I wish, long ago, someone had told me that the things I was eating were actual poison. Our culture enables the consumption of non-food substances and perpetuates these gradual-onset diseases. It's horriffic. Somebody should have pinned me down and slapped me silly sometime in my teens.

Me: It is out of love and respect I say these things. Perhaps you cling to tightly to your cultural perspectives to see through them.

Me: Because the bracelet at the start of this post made a false assertion, I simply countered it. Nothing to do with rudeness or anything, it's just scientifically wrong.

Lady: There is no "respect" shown when you say "People should just stop giving themselves diabetes." Where is the grace? Not everyone's journey is the same as yours, not everyone's challenges as the same as yours.

Me: Yeah, we are all force-fed lies and slop. Some of us stop taking it. Some, for whatever reason, choose to remain sick. I do not judge, that's for sure. But let it be known, adult onset type 2 can easily be caused, and just as easily be reversed. No bones about it.

Lady: Sometimes it is best to keep our thoughts to ourselves. Sometimes we need to think about others feelings before commenting. That being said I am leaving this conversation.

Aldergirl: unless I am mistaken, you are often very hard on those who are impoverished, telling them that they should be able to pull themselves up from their bootstraps and out of their poverty. Why is it any different to ask people to change their diet and pull themselves out of their poor health?

And POOF, thread died. Why do people hate the truth so much?
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• "The truth? You can't handle the truth!"
          "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
            And POOF, thread died. Why do people hate the truth so much?
            It could've been handled better. Next time just give them this link: The Definitive Guide to Insulin, Blood Sugar & Type 2 Diabetes (and you’ll understand it) | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

• Bam aldergirl! XD

Comment

• I was just on Facebook and saw where some Harvard students have invented spray cake in a can, like ready whip, this is for people who don't want the hassle or expense of baking a cake the regular way. Cake is typically not expensive and doesn't take to long. 1- how lazy are people becoming and 2- you know this is chalked full of healthy ingredients, not that traditional cakes are either.

Comment

• When I lived in Africa, sometimes the only way to get people to show up for meetings was to provide food. The food was white bread and soda (Coke or Fanta, typically). I never supplied food because I didn't have the budget and I wanted people to actually want to work with me. I do remember one meeting though, Parks and Wildlife put it on and it was long, all day. They provided lunch for everyone and the obligatory soda and bread snacks as well, twice during the day.

I distinctly remember one of my neighbors remarking, "If a person were to eat like this every day, you would get very fat." I remember hearing that and just smiling to myself. It was funny, he got it, living in a Malawian village and they still get what bread and soda does to a person.
                  You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Why the fuck do people think juice fasts are awesome?
                    On FB this am- lost 4 lbs on a 3 day juice fast!!!!1111!!!!!111!!! Cool, and you will gain it back plus 2 on your next pizza binge.
                    I can lose 4 lbs in 3 days by drinking coffee with heavy cream, chicken, steak and butter. And it doesn't taste like ass.
                    The juice fast pimps in my town- one is skinny and sickly looking and the other guy is straight up fat. Plus it is over $100 for 3 days of juice.

Bottle of heavy cream- $7. Stick of kerrygold- $4. 3 lbs of grass fed rib eye- $36. 1.5 lbs of chicken breast- $15. Bag of frozen broccoli- $3 lb of coffee- $8. $75 and you'll eat like a king and drop 4 lbs. !!!!1111!!!!!!1

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• But there's NO WAY that can be healthy.

Plus that weight will come back on when you go back to eating normal anyway.

The Paleo Feed - Your Paleo Blog Network

Comment

• Some guy on youtube lost 140 pounds on a juice fast. He put it all back on.

Comment

• I lost 10 lbs when I had the flu. That doesn't mean it's a good way to do it =P (also, I've gained at least half of it back already--afraid to step on the scale again)
                          My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                          (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                          Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                          (Red Dwarf)

Comment

• The sad fact is that fewer than 1% of all people who lose more than 50 pounds keep it off for over five years no matter how they lose it. Maybe paleo will change that. Atkins certainly didn't so, it's something more than the carb curve. Personally, I think one component is not planning the "after." IOW, what to eat, how to exercise, etc., once a person reaches goal.

Since Primal promotes itself as a lifestyle rather than a diet, maybe there will be more success in maintaining weight loss. I surely hope so, because I can tell you from experience that losing over 100 pounds only to put back 60 the first time a crisis (death of a parent and getting downsized in my case) is heart breaking. Doing it once is hard enough. Looking at doing it a second time was almost too much. In fact, it took me months to get serious about it because I felt so defeated. Fortunately that was temporary.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I think the big problem with loosing weight is the atmosphere in which we live and try to be healthy. People are so inundated with buy this eat here drink up and fear everything msgs that is it very hard to stay away from that once you have lost the weight and feel better. Oh this wont hurt and it is so yummy. My personal issues are with peanut butter and coconut bliss iced cream. I cant have just some and put it back. The thing is occasionally does not seem to hurt me so it becomes easier to have a more often occasional pint of iced cream.... like last night....
                              Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• I think people try to go too fast and restrict too much. Then they get to their goal weight by sheer willpower and keep it off for a while by sheer willpower, and then the willpower gives out. There's only so much the body can handle.

It's better to lose weight slowly and to only do it once.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X