Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nellodee View Post
    My step mom just started eating her Nutrisystem TV dinner meals

    Wonder how much she paid for that, jeez. I think for her birthday I'll get her Good Calories, Bad Calories or something. Know of any other good books? It's kinda sad too. She has her degree in ag science and works in politics now, supporting the ag community however she can. Figure she'd be into buying their products instead of this stuff :/
    Death by Food Pyramid by Denis Minger, it is a little more approachable than Good Calories, Bad Calories.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

    Comment


    • You can also try Taubes' "why we get fat" it is the simpler version of GCBC.
      Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

      Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

      Comment


      • Even back when I believed CW, I never got the point of Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig. I figured I'm still going to do all the work to lose the weight, why should I pay someone? Why doesn't anyone ever pay me for all that work?

        Seriously though, for about half the price, you could put together your own system - there are tons of small frozen meals out there with cute name like Lean Cuisine (it rhymes and that's important in a food system), Healthy Choice (because the healthiest meals come in microwaveable boxes), and even Weight Watchers (a good name because heaven knows if I don't watch my weight, some judgmental butthead will).

        And of course, instead of finding an "easy" method, with the initial investment of a vacuum sealer, one could do actual nutritious meals - and they won't taste like cardboard.

        Ooh, a mini rant before 6AM - now we're cookin'.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

        B*tch-lite

        Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

        Comment


        • Speaking of microwave "healthy" meals, I was at the commissary (grocery) today, and a lady in the frozen foods section was on the phone with someone:

          "What was the name of the ones you liked?... Stouffers? Those aren't very healthy. What about these lean cuisines? Or healthy choice? They're lower in calories and healthy."

          Don't even get me started on the talk show advert they were playing on the sound system. I swear I have never heard "whole grains and fish" more times in my life. At least they got the fish on there, but are people buying wild sustainably caught or fish fingers? How long is that gonna last before someone figures out how to CAFOS fish and they go the way of beef? How short sighted and ignorant.


          Let's see whether an egg yolk a day keeps the hangovers away! Considering I'm young and don't get hangovers, this is your drunk blogging warning of the day/night/whatever time zone in which you reside.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
            Speaking of microwave "healthy" meals, I was at the commissary (grocery) today, and a lady in the frozen foods section was on the phone with someone:

            "What was the name of the ones you liked?... Stouffers? Those aren't very healthy. What about these lean cuisines? Or healthy choice? They're lower in calories and healthy."

            Don't even get me started on the talk show advert they were playing on the sound system. I swear I have never heard "whole grains and fish" more times in my life. At least they got the fish on there, but are people buying wild sustainably caught or fish fingers? How long is that gonna last before someone figures out how to CAFOS fish and they go the way of beef? How short sighted and ignorant.


            Let's see whether an egg yolk a day keeps the hangovers away! Considering I'm young and don't get hangovers, this is your drunk blogging warning of the day/night/whatever time zone in which you reside.
            I believe they already have. It is called fish farming.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by newberrycrater View Post
              I believe they already have. It is called fish farming.
              Yes, I believe farmed salmon is worse than CAFO beef.

              And it trashes the environment, wild salmon stocks on the West of Scotland have plummeted since the widespread introduction of farming. It's disgusting.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by fifer View Post
                Yes, I believe farmed salmon is worse than CAFO beef.

                And it trashes the environment, wild salmon stocks on the West of Scotland have plummeted since the widespread introduction of farming. It's disgusting.
                Well isn't that upsetting. I knew about I think tilapia or catfish farming (oh look a common species people have access to when you tell them to eat fish), but I don't really know how they go about ocean fish farming. Probably disgusting. I'm really hoping when I move I'll have access to better food because I'm so sick of this...

                Oh and there was no hangover.

                Comment


                • My dad has recently been diagnosed with multiple myeloma which is a form of bone cancer. Anyway, obviously the whole family are devastated as you can understand.

                  My uncle just trying to do his best bought my dad this book called "how to beat cancer" I know he only means well but me being curious flicked straight to the nutrition part of the book. I was shocked at what I found, that they're telling cancer patients this is the way to go

                  They basically said stop eating beef, lamb, pork and swap for "healthier" alternatives like quorn sausages, mince and whatever else they invent in their factories. Because apparently red meat will kill you. Swap his dairy cows milk for soya milk, start eating things like pasta, noodles and whole grains such as granola and muesli.

                  Ditch the butter and have low fat alternatives and you can probably imagine what other dribble they came out with.

                  I was actually sad reading it because they're selling this book to the vulnerable cancer patient who probably has lived with CW all their lives and are just desperate to overcome the horrible illness so will listen to any bull shit that's on offer!!!!

                  Anyway I went on a massive rant to my parents about this book and have banned my dad from reading it. Funny how I know more about how to beat cancer with diet than Leading "nutritionists" from top London universities. I'm glad I've got the right knowledge from MDA and the primal community to inform my dad of the right things to eat to help try and beat the cancer. Others are probably not so lucky

                  If any of you guys have any tips as well or articles then please feel free to share!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lottie92 View Post
                    My dad has recently been diagnosed with multiple myeloma which is a form of bone cancer. Anyway, obviously the whole family are devastated as you can understand.

                    My uncle just trying to do his best bought my dad this book called "how to beat cancer" I know he only means well but me being curious flicked straight to the nutrition part of the book. I was shocked at what I found, that they're telling cancer patients this is the way to go

                    They basically said stop eating beef, lamb, pork and swap for "healthier" alternatives like quorn sausages, mince and whatever else they invent in their factories. Because apparently red meat will kill you. Swap his dairy cows milk for soya milk, start eating things like pasta, noodles and whole grains such as granola and muesli.

                    Ditch the butter and have low fat alternatives and you can probably imagine what other dribble they came out with.

                    I was actually sad reading it because they're selling this book to the vulnerable cancer patient who probably has lived with CW all their lives and are just desperate to overcome the horrible illness so will listen to any bull shit that's on offer!!!!

                    Anyway I went on a massive rant to my parents about this book and have banned my dad from reading it. Funny how I know more about how to beat cancer with diet than Leading "nutritionists" from top London universities. I'm glad I've got the right knowledge from MDA and the primal community to inform my dad of the right things to eat to help try and beat the cancer. Others are probably not so lucky

                    If any of you guys have any tips as well or articles then please feel free to share!
                    No tips, but best wishes for your dad and family!

                    Comment


                    • While it is not same a Dr with M.S. wrote a book on how she reversed the disease process. The Wahl's Protocol. It might be worth a look. It infuriates me that we have been taught that real food is bad for you. What did people eat for millions of years?? How can bacon be worse for you than those weird flavored powders people pour in their water?? (As my sister does!) And yes, vulnerable people are those who are ill and just looking for a cure. Lifting up you and your family!
                      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

                      Age 48
                      height 5'3
                      SW 215 lbs
                      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                      LW 172 lbs
                      GW 125ish lbs

                      Comment


                      • oh that is so evil! At a time your body needs so much nutrition! Just evil
                        "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

                        Comment


                        • I have heard advice to eat "alkali" food with antioxidants like blueberries, asparagus, broccoli, which sounds great, but the advice always then continues with cut out unhealthy stuff like animal products, fat, and refined sugar :-(

                          Comment


                          • Thank you for the well wishes and the tips everyone! X

                            Comment


                            • Bumping this because all the spam pushed it onto the 2nd page.
                              My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                              (I try to update ... once in awhile)


                              Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                              Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                              (Red Dwarf)

                              Comment


                              • You might try googling cancer and the ketogenic diet. There's plenty of information out there about it. It's the principle that cancer cells need glucose to survive and if deprived of carbohydrates in the diet will die off. Depends how willing your father might be to take on board something that comes across as a bit radical.
                                Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X