No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To me, capitalism is the biggest argument against veganism. Think about it: there are hundreds of "fake meat" items--vegetables made to look and "taste" like meat.

But are there any packages of food with meat formed to look and taste like vegetables?

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• sort of...Here's a Heston chicken liver pate mandarin

heston_meatfruit.jpg

although it doesnt actually taste like mandarin.. but then I doubt that vegan crap tastes like meat either.. I've never tried it.

Here in Australia there is a radio station with a well known vegan presenter, he attempted to trick a crocodile into eating a vegan chicken

gallery: jay and the doctor

gallery: jay and the doctor

Needless to say the croc was not impressed
      Last edited by Badgerfaced; 07-15-2014, 09:47 PM.
      "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
        To me, capitalism is the biggest argument against veganism. Think about it: there are hundreds of "fake meat" items--vegetables made to look and "taste" like meat.

But are there any packages of food with meat formed to look and taste like vegetables?

Sent via lightsaber
        Is maple leaf a vegetable?

Comment

To me, capitalism is the biggest argument against veganism. Think about it: there are hundreds of "fake meat" items--vegetables made to look and "taste" like meat.

Sent via lightsaber
          One of the guys I work with, his aunt invented and sold a bunch of fake meat products. I guess it was fairly lucrative and a good example of profiting from demand.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by fifer View Post
            Is maple leaf a vegetable?

Only if you are Canadian.......

Comment

• Yesterday my coworker (who is trying to cut back on gluten for vague health reasons) was eating frosted flakes straight out of the box as a snack. A) they are NOT gluten free. B) totally missing the point.
              No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
              -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• I have a sort of opposite one... as a newbie to paleo/primal...

Years ago, one of my coworkers was having a bonfire and another one of my coworkers had his meal mentioned (lots of meat on his plate). He was the trimmest of all of us and chuckled. "Well it's how my wife and I stay in shape. We eat what tastes good and avoid all the processed food and grains." I still remember the look of disbelief I had and thinking, "Yeah, it's because you have an amazing metabolism. Lucky you! I couldn't do that." I could tell all of my coworkers were thinking it was way too restrictive and couldn't possibly work. (I didn't know very much about it, but I KNEW fat and lots of meat had to be bad lol)

And here I am lol
                Last edited by LePetitPapillon; 07-17-2014, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• last night, was at a dinner sitting next to a woman who has been doing the FODMAPS way of eating for 3 weeks apparently... but she ate the bangbang shrimp (battered&fried), some of the cheesecake, and can't give up diet coke. We discussed some health stuff, but on the fact that she's not actually giving the diet a chance, I kept my mouth shut.

It baffles me how easy it is for me to see the difference between a healthy product and an unhealthy one, and how connected the gut is to our overall well-being, but it is super super difficult for many others. I don't even consider myself hardcore paleo/primal but doing a little research makes sense, are people just not sure where to start? Or they just don't care?
                  Last edited by Kwaggz; 07-18-2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• A nutrition expert is coming to our office sometime soon. I was tempted to sign up for the presentation just to see what nonsense they spew, but decided against it. I'd want to argue with them, but I'm not good at it. I get too heated .
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      A nutrition expert is coming to our office sometime soon. I was tempted to sign up for the presentation just to see what nonsense they spew, but decided against it. I'd want to argue with them, but I'm not good at it. I get too heated .

I would gently suggest that their information might be inaccurate, then when challenged, tear off my shirt, look down at myself, and say, "Hmm, yeah you're probably correct".

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

I would gently suggest that their information might be inaccurate, then when challenged, tear off my shirt, look down at myself, and say, "Hmm, yeah you're probably correct".

Sent via lightsaber
                        LOL
                        If I did that, the guys wouldn't hear a word I said....
                        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                          LOL
                          If I did that, the guys wouldn't hear a word I said....
                          Surely that doesn't make it wrong...
                          Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
                          Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
                          "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
                          "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
                          "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

• Yeah, try it here first. Ya know...for practice and for uhh...SCIENCE!

Comment

• Challenge them to push-up/pull-up/lunge/squat/etc. contest?
                              Age 55, post-menopausal, primal since August '12 with some dairy, lots of seafood, following PHD and the 5 Leptin Rules. Taking ThyroGold, eating RS and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

• A guy I know who's recently started working out and trying to eat healthy: "I hadn't realised how much saturated fat a cake contains, it's worrying!"

Yes, he's worried about the saturated fat content of a CAKE, which is made almost entirely of white flour and sugar. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                                X