Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by meepster View Post
    As I'm engaged in sleep-related exploration these days, I'm coming up with all sorts of sleep-related "funny CW moments". The nightlights on sale at the store - all of them use white lightbulbs, which all are guaranteed to reduce your melatonin production and keep you from sleeping. There were even some blue nightlights on sale (blue light is what cuts melatonin the most and makes your brain think it's daylight).

My father proudly told me that he put an automatic light in the bathroom so that every time you walk into the bathroom, 6 white lightbulbs come on. I had to explain to him why this was a bad idea if either of my parents gets up at night to use the bathroom. Both my parents have trouble sleeping.
    If I have to use the bathroom at night I don't turn on a light, in fact I barely open my eyes and then I go right back to sleep. Of course you have to make sure there is a clear path to bathroom to avoid tripping over stuff. Fortunately lately I sleep the night through, which is even better.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nellodee View Post
      My step mom just started eating her Nutrisystem TV dinner meals

Wonder how much she paid for that, jeez. I think for her birthday I'll get her Good Calories, Bad Calories or something. Know of any other good books? It's kinda sad too. She has her degree in ag science and works in politics now, supporting the ag community however she can. Figure she'd be into buying their products instead of this stuff :/
      I think GCBC is rather too intense and also non-specific, so apt to be confusing. "Why We Get Fat" is more direct, but for a beginner, I'd start her off on easier, less controversial fare, such as "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollen. It would put the focus back on whole foods before going the next step to reduce grains and their related carbs. Plus, Pollen admires butter.
      M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
      - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Originally posted by Meant2Move View Post
        I think GCBC is rather too intense and also non-specific, so apt to be confusing. "Why We Get Fat" is more direct, but for a beginner, I'd start her off on easier, less controversial fare, such as "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollen. It would put the focus back on whole foods before going the next step to reduce grains and their related carbs. Plus, Pollen admires butter.
        I agree, Why We Get Fat is better for a beginner. If she gets to a point where she is really interested in nutrition then go with GCBC. WWGF, is a nice short sweet version, much less dense in the science.

Sent from....right behind you....
        You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Vegan/vegetarian on Facebook

Apparently I don't wanna talk about eating dead animals online cause deep down I'm not cool with it.

Has nothing to do with the fact that I don't need to explain myself to complete strangers and arguing with any fanatic is as fun as banging your head against a wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannakb View Post
            Vegan/vegetarian on Facebook

Apparently I don't wanna talk about eating dead animals online cause deep down I'm not cool with it.

Has nothing to do with the fact that I don't need to explain myself to complete strangers and arguing with any fanatic is as fun as banging your head against a wall.
            THat reminds me of when I got into a discussion about fossils and dinosaurs with a creationist. She plugged her ears with her fingers and said I'm not listening 20 times until I walked away
            "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
              If I have to use the bathroom at night I don't turn on a light, in fact I barely open my eyes and then I go right back to sleep. Of course you have to make sure there is a clear path to bathroom to avoid tripping over stuff. Fortunately lately I sleep the night through, which is even better.
              I have a yellow light bulb in my bathroom. It makes my selfies look weird, and girls always ask too many questions about it when they <ahem> visit, but better than having a white one that wakes me up. But I'm 32, so using the bathroom during the night is an infrequent occurrence anyway.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                I've started not taking my sleep mask off when I get up to use the bathroom. I now have much greater empathy for blind people - but I am also noticing that I don't have any trouble falling asleep again afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
                  I never understand why no-one, vets etc, reccomend organ meats for pets? I give my dogs lamb liver every 2 weeks or so, and they get raw bones and meats every day. I'm a dog person and they are easy to feed. Cats however...

Cat food shopping, I see cat food for old cats, indoor cats, outdoor cats, young cats, vegetarian cats, active cats, overweight cats... I always say, but where is the food for the stupid cats?

My sisters cat eats prawns and lamb chops... and the occassional lizard
                  I tried feeding my cats canned food for years. They never liked it. I just thought they were fussy!

So I tried giving them kangaroo meat for pets. The only ingredient is kangaroo meat.

THEY LOOOOVE IT

Comment

• put some heart or liver in there, I think roo is a bit lacking in catty nutrients, like Taurine, especially if it is minced (oxidation)

What About Cats?

this site is great
                    Last edited by Badgerfaced; 07-10-2014, 12:15 AM.
                    "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Originally posted by meepster View Post
                      I've started not taking my sleep mask off when I get up to use the bathroom. I now have much greater empathy for blind people - but I am also noticing that I don't have any trouble falling asleep again afterwards.
                      I am very nearsighted. I have never had an issue walking around in the dark without glasses. Just don't leave random stuff on the floor and you won't trip on anything. Watch out for animals, though.

Comment

• I have mastered walking blind in my own house. I rarely open my eyes to walk at night, never really have. Never saw the point. I knew where I was going and where everything was. If the cat got in the way when I was a kid, it got stepped on or kicked. They started giving me a wide berth when I walked.
                        The one my husband gave me the most grief for, until I made him taste it, was buying the pastured/ natural (no abx or hormones) beef, the free range chicken, and the farmer market veggies. Once he tasted them, he understood why I was willing to spend more per pound.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hahahaha! So a little while ago, I angered the all powerful vegan health food store owners when I asked if they carried gelatin. They were shocked that I would even want such a thing. I was back in there today and saw they had put this up. I like to think I had something to do with it.

Oh man, these guys kill me.
                          You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaveBug View Post
                            Hahahaha! So a little while ago, I angered the all powerful vegan health food store owners when I asked if they carried gelatin. They were shocked that I would even want such a thing. I was back in there today and saw they had put this up. I like to think I had something to do with it.

Oh man, these guys kill me.
                            Yikes, what is it made of? Guess they're planning to live without glycine...good luck.
                            Late 50s, post-menopausal, low carb with some dairy, following the 5 Leptin Rules, taking ThyroGold, eating lots o' fiber and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

• More power to them - until they end up in the hospital, that is (which happened to a formerly-vegan friend of mine, which is why she's a former vegan now).

Comment

• Oh this reminds me of that elderly woman I've seen in a health food store recently who told the people working there how terrible aluminum cans are.
                                And then she bought like 3 sticks of margarine.
                                They also have a whole refrigerator dedicated to vegan meat imitations. *sigh*.
                                What to do: Eat real food, enjoy your food, get out into the sun as often as possible, move around, sleep well and early (like before 11 p.m.), have health as your main goal.

You are probably going to fail if you: Restrict carbs or fat or calories, avoid fruit (because sugar derp), punish yourself with diet/exercise, have weight loss as your only goal,....

Comment

Working...
                                X