Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
    they are trying to introduce a star rating system for food in Australia, based on nutritional value...

wah wah wah waaaahhhh

Based on eth food pyramid. So a piece of bread 'low fat, low sugar, high fibre' will probably get 5 stars.
    George Carlin, once said, when elucidating on his rules for life, "I never believe anything my government tells me." It's not a bad rule no matter which country.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• but soo many will believe, thats what so sad about it. People are treating this a as real step forward to better health
      "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
        Speaking of canned tuna, I went into Trader Joe's and they have this tiny section for pets. I saw "Tuna for Cats" and I thought, oh great, maybe my cats will like this. Of course there are like 20 ingredients on the can of 'tuna' so I guess adding a bunch of extra shit makes it okay for cats? Anyway, I go to the aisle and buy the regular tuna (you know, for humans) and the ingredients are "Tuna, Water." Only an additional $0.60 for what works out to (probably) the same amount of actual tuna per oz (considering all the shit that is added to "Tuna for Cats" probably waters it down).

Kitty is getting a real treat tonight.
        I don't know what the ingredients are in that, but cats need to eat far more than just muscle meat. Even high-quality kibble has lots of ingredients. Giving cats a raw food diet involves being very careful about their taurine intake, among other things. Cats naturally will eat both green grass and every organ they can- often even a whole animal, guts, brains, heart, liver, lungs, etc. Feeding them only tuna or muscle meat is a recipe for deficiencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy
          Since we were on the topic of butter, here's more of a primal success. I took a friend grocery shopping (what someone--a MAN no less--who wants to learn how to feed themselves?!), and he wanted to buy some butter. At first, he went for the big grey tub of country crock. I educated him. Okay, really I just asked if he'd ever had real butter. I got this the next morning:

[ATTACH]17113[/ATTACH]
          Butter is magic.
          No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
          -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
            Butter is magic.
            Actually, potatoes are magic. Butter is the pixie dust that activates it.

Which, I guess, means cows are actually pixies...

@_@

Comment

• Mmm, Cow dust...

mono and diglycerides
              This is the new name for trans-fat. They add the substances separately so that the trans-fats form in the food, that way they can say they added no trans-fat. It's like a purple cookie saying it contains no purple because they added blue and red.
              Last edited by Knifegill; 07-03-2014, 11:29 PM.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                Mmm, Cow dust...

This is the new name for trans-fat. They add the substances separately so that the trans-fats form in the food, that way they can say they added no trans-fat. It's like a purple cookie saying it contains no purple because they added blue and red.
                .__.

Those bastards!

Do you have links for further reading?

Comment

Mmm, Cow dust...

How annoying, but guess we should just expect to be screwed over by food companies. Here is one article.
                  And another, Become a Food Detective.
                  Late 50s, post-menopausal, low carb with some dairy, following the 5 Leptin Rules, taking ThyroGold, eating lots o' fiber and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                    Actually, potatoes are magic. Butter is the pixie dust that activates it.

Which, I guess, means cows are actually pixies...

@_@

(as close to pixies as I could find)
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Mmm, This is the new name for trans-fat. They add the substances separately so that the trans-fats form in the food, that way they can say they added no trans-fat. It's like a purple cookie saying it contains no purple because they added blue and red.
                      What?! I did not know that. Sneaky sneaky sneaky candy bar. Ok dad, the Payday just went from, eh, to no.

Sent from....right behind you....
                      You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• If I can't understand what an ingredient is on a label, I ain't gonna eat it! To keep things real simple so as not to tax my brain I eat things w/o labels, then I don't have to think so hard.
                        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                          If I can't understand what an ingredient is on a label, I ain't gonna eat it! To keep things real simple so as not to tax my brain I eat things w/o labels, then I don't have to think so hard.
                          Exactly. It's easier that way. ://

Comment

• My step mom just started eating her Nutrisystem TV dinner meals

Wonder how much she paid for that, jeez. I think for her birthday I'll get her Good Calories, Bad Calories or something. Know of any other good books? It's kinda sad too. She has her degree in ag science and works in politics now, supporting the ag community however she can. Figure she'd be into buying their products instead of this stuff :/
                            Music of the day/week/month/whatever:

K.A.A.N. - L.T.N. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWocmse1Ef4

Comment

• As I'm engaged in sleep-related exploration these days, I'm coming up with all sorts of sleep-related "funny CW moments". The nightlights on sale at the store - all of them use white lightbulbs, which all are guaranteed to reduce your melatonin production and keep you from sleeping. There were even some blue nightlights on sale (blue light is what cuts melatonin the most and makes your brain think it's daylight).

My father proudly told me that he put an automatic light in the bathroom so that every time you walk into the bathroom, 6 white lightbulbs come on. I had to explain to him why this was a bad idea if either of my parents gets up at night to use the bathroom. Both my parents have trouble sleeping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                                If I can't understand what an ingredient is on a label, I ain't gonna eat it! To keep things real simple so as not to tax my brain I eat things w/o labels, then I don't have to think so hard.
                                Exactly! Same here. I don't want to have to get a degree in biochemistry just to figure out what to eat. I'd rather just deal with the cooking and let my body's natural processes deal with the biochemistry.

Comment

Working...
                                X