Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
    I never understand why no-one, vets etc, recommend organ meats for pets? I give my dogs lamb liver every 2 weeks or so, and they get raw bones and meats every day. I'm a dog person and they are easy to feed. Cats however...

Cat food shopping, I see cat food for old cats, indoor cats, outdoor cats, young cats, vegetarian cats, active cats, overweight cats... I always say, but where is the food for the stupid cats?

My sisters cat eats prawns and lamb chops... and the occasional lizard
    Vegetarian cats? That is a BIG no-no. Cats are obligate carnivores- they need to eat meat to survive. They aren't meant to be vegetarians!!

And I think (my opinion only) that raw food and a raw diet is not recommended for pets because of the bacteria involved using the raw foods.
    Began Paleo journey 09/06/15
    Beginning weight: 236.5 pounds/ 41.8% bodyfat
    Current Weight: 228.3 pounds/34.1% bodyfat
    Goal weight: 150 pounds/ 15% bodyfat

"The path to a better life begins with a single step."

Comment

• Fresh meat should contain minimal bacteria, and dogs and cats stomachs should be well equipped to deal with any bacteria present surely?
      "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• shhhh there are some high sugar junkies on here now.
        Originally posted by Nellodee View Post
        Bread is super delicious. Is problem.

A new friend I made said she's glad she knows me because now she has someone to eat healthfully with. But she's taking nutrition and is now big on those whole grains, and we were making tea in the cafeteria she added packet after pack after packet of sugar to her tea and then said it didn't have enough sugar? Idk I don't want to be mean and maybe she eats well most of the time but the sugar thing had me so confused. At least there are nutritionists that say whole grains are what we need to be healthy, but there was more sugar in that one little cup than I eat in a month.
        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
        PS
        Don't forget to play!

Comment

• where?
          "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

Fresh meat should contain minimal bacteria, and dogs and cats stomachs should be well equipped to deal with any bacteria present surely?
            Agreed. My n=1 is that I've been feeding my 11-year-old cat raw food almost exclusively for the past year and she is the healthiest & slimmest she's ever been.
            Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannakb View Post
              I know people that own cats that are allergic to fish. vet says it's common cause it's not really apart of their natural diet.

your primal, think of what a kitty would eat in the wild, small game, insects, birds.....

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
              My husband's uncle lives on a boat in Mexico and he has a cat who he's never bought food for. The cat will fish for itself and bring what it catches back to the boat to eat. All the other cats around there do the same. I can't see fish not being part of a cats natural diet, especially when they live near water.

I know for my own cats I can't feed them cooked fish. Raw fish isn't a problem, but cooked causes stomach upset every time.

Comment

• My cat eats insects. I watched him devour a spider the size a quarter--whole. It was super yucky, but he enjoyed it. He gets fish, chicken, ground beef, scraps of whatever we have. No grains though, as he has a history of urinary crystals. He gets animal product. I know people advise no dairy, but the cat gets cheese, and also enjoys butter. No I don't feed him sticks of butter, but he will lick a plate that has had butter on it. Oddly, he has eaten cooked artichoke (probably because of the butter on it). Cheese and butter is probably way better than any dry "cat food" available.

Cats are scavengers. They will eat what they can find.

The only exception is my other cat, who seems to prefer only dry kibbles. And they have to be round; if I buy the Y or X shaped ones, she will fling them off the plate, and pick them apart eating the "limbs" off and leaving the centers. I buy her the expensive Taste of the Wild grain free stuff; I have tried for 7 years to get her to eat wet food, to no avail. Cats are weird.
                Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                  My cat eats insects. I watched him devour a spider the size a quarter--whole. It was super yucky, but he enjoyed it. He gets fish, chicken, ground beef, scraps of whatever we have. No grains though, as he has a history of urinary crystals. He gets animal product. I know people advise no dairy, but the cat gets cheese, and also enjoys butter. No I don't feed him sticks of butter, but he will lick a plate that has had butter on it. Oddly, he has eaten cooked artichoke (probably because of the butter on it). Cheese and butter is probably way better than any dry "cat food" available.

Cats are scavengers. They will eat what they can find.

The only exception is my other cat, who seems to prefer only dry kibbles. And they have to be round; if I buy the Y or X shaped ones, she will fling them off the plate, and pick them apart eating the "limbs" off and leaving the centers. I buy her the expensive Taste of the Wild grain free stuff; I have tried for 7 years to get her to eat wet food, to no avail. Cats are weird.
                  The kitten who showed up starving, half-dead, and naked a few winters ago has grown into a cat who eats nothing but kibbles and moths.

Years ago I had 2 cats. One ate chicken livers but refused salmon, the other ate salmon but refused chicken livers.

The present horde of cats knocked the butter dish off the counter to break into it so many times we ended up with a locking plastic butter dish.

All predators are scavengers. They only hunt for food when there's nothing to steal from the other predators.

Comment

• I was eating a giant meal of local free-range eggs, local veggies, and fresh salmon. Someone else had a cup of microwave ramen noodles.

Her: "Eww, fish? With eggs?"

Me: [Looks at ramen cup] "Uh...your opinions on food are totally invalid to me at this point."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                      I was eating a giant meal of local free-range eggs, local veggies, and fresh salmon. Someone else had a cup of microwave ramen noodles.

Me: [Looks at ramen cup] "Uh...your opinions on food are totally invalid to me at this point."
                      Love this

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

I was eating a giant meal of local free-range eggs, local veggies, and fresh salmon. Someone else had a cup of microwave ramen noodles.

Haha! I would've loved to see the look on that guy's face.

Sent from my XT1031 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Ahaha 33 points and a hug!

Comment

I never understand why no-one, vets etc, reccomend organ meats for pets? I give my dogs lamb liver every 2 weeks or so, and they get raw bones and meats every day. I'm a dog person and they are easy to feed. Cats however...

Cat food shopping, I see cat food for old cats, indoor cats, outdoor cats, young cats, vegetarian cats, active cats, overweight cats... I always say, but where is the food for the stupid cats?

My sisters cat eats prawns and lamb chops... and the occassional lizard
                            Growing up, we fed our cat regular treats of raw kidney. I still carry the scar on my thumb from when I was teasing her with a piece held over her nose to make her stand up and swipe at it! We also lived across the street from a creek, and she was an outside cat, so I know her diet was the real thing! She lived to 20+ years.

Comment

• If you have slogged through the entire 863 pages of this thread, you'll remember countless posts and examples of people who just don't want to change.

Check out this video:
                              https://screen.yahoo.com/popular/got...185401037.html

Some of it is the usual CW, but no one can honestly believe that a full bowl of sugar has any nutritional value. And I loved the guy's question, "So how long before I have to start eating healthy?" At least the nutritionist gave him the truth! Way too many people are lazy and complacent. Oh well, garbage in, garbage out.

Comment

• never understand why no-one, vets etc, reccomend organ meats for pets?
                                because they still think feeding soy pellets to zoo animals is a fine idea
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X