No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my CW husband has been feeling off lately, so had bloods done- turns out he's 37 and not 27. So he's started a health kick - his first purchase was 8 tins of revolting vegetable soup. My fridge is bursting with bone broth. How could he...

I have my work cut out for me...
    "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
      my CW husband has been feeling off lately, so had bloods done- turns out he's 37 and not 27. So he's started a health kick - his first purchase was 8 tins of revolting vegetable soup. My fridge is bursting with bone broth. How could he...

I have my work cut out for me...
      that sounds like a divorce waiting to happen

kidding! no but seriously, call a lawyer and consult
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
        that sounds like a divorce waiting to happen

kidding! no but seriously, call a lawyer and consult
        til broth do us part...

Comment

• I was in the big supermarket today, I was in the dairy section looking to see if Kerrygold butter was on offer (not only was the price higher than usual but it was not wrapped in paper but was in a carton like margarine!!!)

Anyway the next aisle was all kinds of dubious dairy things like flavoured yoghurts - I didnt look - but huge banners along the top of the chill cabinets saying "low fat or no fat - the guilt-free choices"

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
            No one seems to know what lard even tastes like any more.
            I pay dearly for unadulterated/non-hydrogenated lard, but it's still less expensive than butter. I love it for cooking many things. Even just brushing on a bit so things don't stick to a pan. It smells delicious and doesn't impart any obnoxious flavor. All fats have their place, and in my home, I keep coconut oil, butter, lard, and EVOO. But lard is the most versatile.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• and lard is soooooo easy to make.......

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                and lard is soooooo easy to make.......
                just like beef tallow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                  Radio commercial earlier talking about how awful lard was, and how everyone should replace it with canola and other vegetable oils...
                  What can we say ? Let natural selection do its job ...

Comment

• Originally posted by fifer View Post
                    I was in the big supermarket today, I was in the dairy section looking to see if Kerrygold butter was on offer (not only was the price higher than usual but it was not wrapped in paper but was in a carton like margarine!!!)

Anyway the next aisle was all kinds of dubious dairy things like flavoured yoghurts - I didnt look - but huge banners along the top of the chill cabinets saying "low fat or no fat - the guilt-free choices"
                    Have you ever been to a French "hypermarket" ? The dairy aisle used to give me headaches BEFORE cleaning my diet a few years back. I don't go to these places ever again ...

Comment

• Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
                      What can we say ? Let natural selection do its job ...
                      The problem is the people who eat the mutant-food are also reproducing the most. Natural selection might be selecting the wrong way...

Comment

• Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
                        The problem is the people who eat the mutant-food are also reproducing the most. Natural selection might be selecting the wrong way...
                        Pottenger's cats will get to them/us soon enough. You can already see the affects in fertility and vitality.

Comment

• Don't even get me started on butter... Seriously, try to find butter in Safeway that is 1. not in a tub and 2. doesn't contain additives. It's hard to find! You will encounter a similar problem looking for soy-free canned tuna in Safeway.

Speaking of canned tuna, I went into Trader Joe's and they have this tiny section for pets. I saw "Tuna for Cats" and I thought, oh great, maybe my cats will like this. Of course there are like 20 ingredients on the can of 'tuna' so I guess adding a bunch of extra shit makes it okay for cats? Anyway, I go to the aisle and buy the regular tuna (you know, for humans) and the ingredients are "Tuna, Water." Only an additional $0.60 for what works out to (probably) the same amount of actual tuna per oz (considering all the shit that is added to "Tuna for Cats" probably waters it down).

Kitty is getting a real treat tonight.
                          Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                          Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                          Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                          F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                            Don't even get me started on butter... Seriously, try to find butter in Safeway that is 1. not in a tub and 2. doesn't contain additives. It's hard to find! You will encounter a similar problem looking for soy-free canned tuna in Safeway.

Speaking of canned tuna, I went into Trader Joe's and they have this tiny section for pets. I saw "Tuna for Cats" and I thought, oh great, maybe my cats will like this. Of course there are like 20 ingredients on the can of 'tuna' so I guess adding a bunch of extra shit makes it okay for cats? Anyway, I go to the aisle and buy the regular tuna (you know, for humans) and the ingredients are "Tuna, Water." Only an additional $0.60 for what works out to (probably) the same amount of actual tuna per oz (considering all the shit that is added to "Tuna for Cats" probably waters it down).

Kitty is getting a real treat tonight.
                            I know people that own cats that are allergic to fish. vet says it's common cause it's not really apart of their natural diet.

your primal, think of what a kitty would eat in the wild, small game, insects, birds.....

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I never understand why no-one, vets etc, reccomend organ meats for pets? I give my dogs lamb liver every 2 weeks or so, and they get raw bones and meats every day. I'm a dog person and they are easy to feed. Cats however...

Cat food shopping, I see cat food for old cats, indoor cats, outdoor cats, young cats, vegetarian cats, active cats, overweight cats... I always say, but where is the food for the stupid cats?

My sisters cat eats prawns and lamb chops... and the occassional lizard

Comment

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                                Don't even get me started on butter... Seriously, try to find butter in Safeway that is 1. not in a tub and 2. doesn't contain additives. It's hard to find!
                                I really haven't had that much of a problem with it in my experience--yah, there's a lot more of the junk, and it can be a pain to spot the good stuff, but generic brand butter is almost always available in salted and unsalted, with only cream mentioned in the ingredients.
                                My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                                (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                                Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                                (Red Dwarf)

Comment

Working...
                                X