Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
    Those that didn't live through the depression, just don't know.
    Very true.

Comment

• Originally posted by lotusberries View Post
      I used to use cat litter made from wheat, and one day my grandmother asked what kind of litter I used. When I told her it was wheat, she looked at me horrified, and (seriously) asked me if we could somehow wash it off and use it for baking after.
      Eeek! What I find amazing is the total, unquestioning belief that wheat is 100% good for you...the more, the better. My brother-in-law (who is a well educated guy) said in all seriousness yesterday that "Every culture has been eating wheat as a staple food for thousands of years." Ummm...North American native cultures? Asians? Inuit? I mentioned a couple of groups and also pointed out that wheat then is not the same as wheat now. The brainwashing seems just about total, as far as I can tell.
      Age 55, post-menopausal, primal since August '12 with some dairy, lots of seafood, following PHD and the 5 Leptin Rules. Taking ThyroGold, eating RS and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Energy! View Post
        Eeek! What I find amazing is the total, unquestioning belief that wheat is 100% good for you...the more, the better. My brother-in-law (who is a well educated guy) said in all seriousness yesterday that "Every culture has been eating wheat as a staple food for thousands of years." Ummm...North American native cultures? Asians? Inuit? I mentioned a couple of groups and also pointed out that wheat then is not the same as wheat now. The brainwashing seems just about total, as far as I can tell.
        Also the belief that if you don't eat wheat you're missing out on essential nutrients. My dietician cousin feeds her children wheat pasta at almost every meal because of these special nutrients. What she thinks you can only get from wheat, I have no idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by lotusberries View Post
          Also the belief that if you don't eat wheat you're missing out on essential nutrients. My dietician cousin feeds her children wheat pasta at almost every meal because of these special nutrients. What she thinks you can only get from wheat, I have no idea.
          Every time someone notices I don't eat wheat, I get some variation of "But what about all the healthy stuff wheat has?" I always ask them to please tell me anything important that wheat has that I can't get more effectively from other foods. Still haven't heard a good one.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• My son eats a lot of wheat pasta as well because he thinks it is better for him. I have tried to tell him it is not but he goes to the gym a lot and states he needs carbs for his workouts. I tell him sweet potatoes would be much better but he doesn't listen.

Comment

• long story: I was talking to my coworker about my moms migraines and how wine, gluten, dairy, and red meat were triggers, so she is vegan at this point, and we had bought her a vegan chocolate turtle torte (was actually super good)... I said "so you have to sub out a lot of the ingredients for others that aren't animal-derived, like eggs and butter..."

and my coworker says "yeah, I know you can sub mayo for oil".

......... I. can't. even. she doesn't know what mayo is made from????

Comment

• I was making mayonnaise last week and someone else was in the kitchen. When she asked and I told her what I was doing, this look came cross her face. It's kind of funny because,
                Vinaigrette: olive oil + acid
                Mayonnaise: olive oil + acid + egg yolk and high speeds
                What people apparently think is healthy: corn syrup + starch + partially hydrogenated oil + chemical emulsifiers and preservatives

Ungh.

Comment

• today my manager went out to get lunch for herself. I was very proud of her as she went to a very good butcher and bought a beautiful meat and egg made tortilla. It was huge and looked absolutely delicious.
                  Then she pulled out a bag of bread. So I asked why the bread…
                  "I will ate the tortilla with bread. I need to get some healthy carbs in me to feel like I ate at least something healthy next to the eggs and meat."

I think I banged my head on the desk…

(however it gave me a brilliant lunch idea, I'll be making a huge tortilla this weekend)
                  My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
                    "I will ate the tortilla with bread. I need to get some healthy carbs in me to feel like I ate at least something healthy next to the eggs and meat."
                    Why ? oh why does this grain pass for a healthy thing to ingest ??? Healthy carbs: potatoes, rice, bananas, apples, I don't know, there are so many! Why bread ???

Comment

• Bread is super delicious. Is problem.

A new friend I made said she's glad she knows me because now she has someone to eat healthfully with. But she's taking nutrition and is now big on those whole grains, and we were making tea in the cafeteria she added packet after pack after packet of sugar to her tea and then said it didn't have enough sugar? Idk I don't want to be mean and maybe she eats well most of the time but the sugar thing had me so confused. At least there are nutritionists that say whole grains are what we need to be healthy, but there was more sugar in that one little cup than I eat in a month.
                      Music of the day/week/month/whatever:

K.A.A.N. - L.T.N. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWocmse1Ef4

Comment

• Originally posted by Nellodee View Post
                        Bread is super delicious. Is problem.

A new friend I made said she's glad she knows me because now she has someone to eat healthfully with. But she's taking nutrition and is now big on those whole grains, and we were making tea in the cafeteria she added packet after pack after packet of sugar to her tea and then said it didn't have enough sugar? Idk I don't want to be mean and maybe she eats well most of the time but the sugar thing had me so confused. At least there are nutritionists that say whole grains are what we need to be healthy, but there was more sugar in that one little cup than I eat in a month.
                        She needs to admit to herself that she doesn't like tea.
                        Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                          She needs to admit to herself that she doesn't like tea.
                          Aahahahhaa +1 for each sugar packet.

Comment

• Radio commercial earlier talking about how awful lard was, and how everyone should replace it with canola and other vegetable oils...

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                              Radio commercial earlier talking about how awful lard was, and how everyone should replace it with canola and other vegetable oils...

Sent via lightsaber
                              I thought everyone already had. No one seems to know what lard even tastes like any more.
                              Annie Ups the Ante
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                                Radio commercial earlier talking about how awful lard was, and how everyone should replace it with canola and other vegetable oils...
                                I like pointing out that lard is healthy, and fruit is not particularly healthy, just to watch people's brain melt down.

Comment

Working...
                                X