Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
    As for leggings...they are not pants. Neither are yoga pants. I am tired of seeing the contoured lines of a woman's buttocks and underwear, no matter how big or small she is. Cover it up with a tunic or dress, there is such a thing as "TMI" when it comes to clothing.
    Oh man, you've touched on my new love... tights and sweater dresses. I am so buying more next winter. Now that I've gone from a 5X to a 1X I actually look good in them! And I can wear extra large too... I admit, other than that I usually wear tights and yoga pants for just, you know, working out.
    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Energy! View Post
      Guess they could say it's "half chemicals."

Surprisingly, she agreed that drinking corn syrup probably wasn't a great idea. Next time we'll work on the fat free sour "cream." Seriously though, why are they allowed to use the name if there's no cream in it?
      This kind of stuff is starting to really get to me.... it's like my eyes have been opened to all the fallacy of nutritional marketing, whereas with the general population, they're becoming more and more removed from real food. Do people ever stop to really really think about where their food is coming from? It seems as though they're taking steps away from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kwaggz View Post
        This kind of stuff is starting to really get to me.... it's like my eyes have been opened to all the fallacy of nutritional marketing, whereas with the general population, they're becoming more and more removed from real food. Do people ever stop to really really think about where their food is coming from? It seems as though they're taking steps away from it.
        Most people nowadays are totally creeped out by the idea that food comes from natural sources, and that includes things that grow in soil. They would be far more comfortable thinking food was manufactured in a factory from entirely synthetic materials.

Comment

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
          As for leggings...they are not pants. Neither are yoga pants. I am tired of seeing the contoured lines of a woman's buttocks and underwear, no matter how big or small she is. Cover it up with a tunic or dress, there is such a thing as "TMI" when it comes to clothing.
          I'm all for Yoga pants. I don't think I ever missed another college class once the Yoga pants hit the college scene. Not a huge fan of testing, but loved the scenery

Comment

• I'm largely pregnant and on the way from nyc-boston, we stopped at a truck stop with taco bell, pizza hut and Popeye's...
            As I'm standing there trying to figure out what the least-bad choice is, an older guy with a belly almost as big as mine strikes up a conversation with "only bread sticks for you, that's all you're allowed to eat from here!" I privately rolled my eyes and very politely exclaimed "but I'm not allowed to HAVE bread sticks!" And carried on a conversation about my due date, etc.

It took me a bit to even figure out where bread sticks were on any menu there (pizza hut, which I wasn't even thinking about ordering from... And besides that, I've also never even thought about ordering breadsticks... I've eaten them in the past if they showed up, but...)... And I was still mind-boggled 15min later as I munched on my chicken and mashed potatoes...
            I guess he thought all the fat/salt in anything else there was bad for a pregnant lady!? (For those that don't know, even by most CW standards, preggos should be eating extra protein and adequate fat, especially as pregnancy progresses) I just.. Can't imagine anything more nutritionally devoid and downright horrible for a 8-9mo pregnant lady than breadsticks! The heartburn alone...

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
              I'm largely pregnant and on the way from nyc-boston, we stopped at a truck stop with taco bell, pizza hut and Popeye's...
              As I'm standing there trying to figure out what the least-bad choice is, an older guy with a belly almost as big as mine strikes up a conversation with "only bread sticks for you, that's all you're allowed to eat from here!" I privately rolled my eyes and very politely exclaimed "but I'm not allowed to HAVE bread sticks!" And carried on a conversation about my due date, etc.

It took me a bit to even figure out where bread sticks were on any menu there (pizza hut, which I wasn't even thinking about ordering from... And besides that, I've also never even thought about ordering breadsticks... I've eaten them in the past if they showed up, but...)... And I was still mind-boggled 15min later as I munched on my chicken and mashed potatoes...
              I guess he thought all the fat/salt in anything else there was bad for a pregnant lady!? (For those that don't know, even by most CW standards, preggos should be eating extra protein and adequate fat, especially as pregnancy progresses) I just.. Can't imagine anything more nutritionally devoid and downright horrible for a 8-9mo pregnant lady than breadsticks! The heartburn alone...
              Most likely he had a wife who was nauseated by anything but toast when she was pregnant. Otherwise, I'm clueless.
              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• they're low fat of course! Fat makes you fat...

I girl I went to primary school with who was training to be an elite gymnast, all she ate every school day (at 10 years old) was a green apple and a plain white bread roll. I remember she used to make that bread roll last 30 minutes by picking off tiny crumbs and sucking on them. She was very skinny
                "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
                  ...all she ate every school day (at 10 years old) was a green apple and a plain white bread roll. ... She was very skinny
                  Yeah, that's called anorexia.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
                    Yeah, that's called anorexia.
                    Yup. Eating disorders used to be a HUGE problem with gymnasts & figure skaters... Still are to some extent, but definitely not as bad as it used to be... Widespread publicity of books like "Little Girls in Pretty Boxes" definitely helped/changed things a bit.

As for the breadsticks, I'm petty sure they're filled with nasty oils and aren't even low fat.
                    I could handle dry toast (even frickin' wonder bread), but even imagining pizza place bread sticks makes me think reflux! Ugh.

Comment

• So I was revising for my science GCSE's today, and now I want to tear up most of the pages in my excerice books that are anything to do with nutrition.

When we were "learning" about healthy eating we had to pick a diet and evaluate it...

Why was I so stupid.
                      In what universe is this "well researched and thoughtful"?

And then of course there's...

The textbook isn't any better

GAH
                      Last edited by Blippety; 05-27-2014, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• Coworker 1: describing a wedding she went to and how the bride and MOB had their own gluten free cake and they were both so gorgeous and skinny.
                        Coworker 2: Oh no gluten? Well no wonder! What's gluten?!
                        The bride also didn't eat any bread, mac and cheese or potatoes. I smiled and kept to myself.
                        Later coworker 1 eating her strawberries and cream instant oatmeal.
                        Me: I haven't had grains for a few weeks now.
                        Coworker 1: What? But that's what makes you full!
                        Last edited by IHeartJuicing; 11-24-2014, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blippety View Post
                          Why was I so stupid.
                          In what universe is this "well researched and thoughtful"?
                          Hahaha, that's pretty funny.

But yeah, I learned absolutely nothing (that was true) in my college nutrition class.

Comment

• So there's these things over in the UK called "mugshots". They're basically pasta in a packet which you heat up and drink from a mug. Sounds gourmet right?

Anyway I have a colleague and friend telling me that they can have as many of these as they want because they're "free" on this slimming world diet they're on.

I asked, but surely you must realise that because it's from a packet it's very manufactured and has no nutritional benefit at all? But because this slimming world company says it's good they eat it.

These companies are making so much money out of these people who don't have a clue, clever clever marketing!

I just wanted to crawl under my desk and sit there for the rest of the day because the smell of that mug shot rubbish was enough to make your insides feel funny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lottie92 View Post
                              So there's these things over in the UK called "mugshots". They're basically pasta in a packet which you heat up and drink from a mug. Sounds gourmet right?

Anyway I have a colleague and friend telling me that they can have as many of these as they want because they're "free" on this slimming world diet they're on.

I asked, but surely you must realise that because it's from a packet it's very manufactured and has no nutritional benefit at all? But because this slimming world company says it's good they eat it.

These companies are making so much money out of these people who don't have a clue, clever clever marketing!

I just wanted to crawl under my desk and sit there for the rest of the day because the smell of that mug shot rubbish was enough to make your insides feel funny!
                              That sounds really gross. About 10 years ago I lost about 250lbs eating not much more than pot noodle and wotsits. Lost a lot of weight, but felt HORRIBLE. I can't believe people can eat stuff like that and not feel like death afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lottie92 View Post
                                So there's these things over in the UK called "mugshots". They're basically pasta in a packet which you heat up and drink from a mug. Sounds gourmet right?

Sounds like those people who read on the label of the spray margarine bottle that it had 0 calories per .5 ml "serving", and use half a bottle a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X