No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm far from perfect- obviously I dig my juicer although I have gotten lazy as hell lately. But I am always amazed by people who continue to complain about their health and just refuse to listen to anything other than CW! My family is pretty healthy I try not to get too far into the diet thing with them but it takes a toll on me listening to my coworkers every day. I'm about 20 years younger than all of them and they seem to think that their weight gain and health problems are due to middle age and I will go through the same thing. Off the top of my head they have dealt with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, strokes, fibromyalgia, cysts in their breasts, arthritis, issues that led them all to getting hysterectomies, and we are just a group of six women in my department. The sad thing is I realized I had to just keep my mouth shut because they weren't going to take any advice.
    Their daily eats include stuff like peaches and cream instant oatmeal, Fig Newtons, sleeves of crackers, Spaghettios and Ramen, Smart Ones alfredo, honey buns, and then either a Hardees or McDonalds breakfast run somewhere between breakfast and lunch. I'm just amazed because it's all about calories to them- "these microwave pancakes only have 90 calories!" Then they all look at me like, that's good right?! I made one comment like "What really helped me lose 30 pounds was eating low carb." Immediately they just said the classic "everything in moderation" and "I will cut back but never give up."
    The one with arthritis actually mentioned using coconut oil every day and I was really excited, telling everyone yeah I eat a few spoonfuls a day! This morning though my very sweet coworker was telling me she looked at a container of it at the store and it looked very, very unhealthy and she just couldn't buy something like that. The others though are known to have pretty bad attitudes from time to time and since going on the PB I can't help but wonder if it's related to diet. I also work in the offices at a manufacturing based facility and encounter a lot of behavioral issues that seem worse than children. I always wonder if someone has undiagnosed Celiac's or a reaction to some additive when I think about all the junk I see! I wish they would realize the instant noodles might be cheaper now but I see the result of years of it in my department.

Sidenote: I majored in nutrition also, graduated two years ago, in the midst of my BED. So even though I wasn't really getting the message, neither were my professors or peers. Veganism and CW were big. I had never even heard of Paleo/Primal!

Comment

• Originally posted by IHeartJuicing View Post
      I'm far from perfect- obviously I dig my juicer although I have gotten lazy as hell lately. But I am always amazed by people who continue to complain about their health and just refuse to listen to anything other than CW! My family is pretty healthy I try not to get too far into the diet thing with them but it takes a toll on me listening to my coworkers every day. I'm about 20 years younger than all of them and they seem to think that their weight gain and health problems are due to middle age and I will go through the same thing. Off the top of my head they have dealt with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, strokes, fibromyalgia, cysts in their breasts, arthritis, issues that led them all to getting hysterectomies, and we are just a group of six women in my department. The sad thing is I realized I had to just keep my mouth shut because they weren't going to take any advice.
      Their daily eats include stuff like peaches and cream instant oatmeal, Fig Newtons, sleeves of crackers, Spaghettios and Ramen, Smart Ones alfredo, honey buns, and then either a Hardees or McDonalds breakfast run somewhere between breakfast and lunch. I'm just amazed because it's all about calories to them- "these microwave pancakes only have 90 calories!" Then they all look at me like, that's good right?! I made one comment like "What really helped me lose 30 pounds was eating low carb." Immediately they just said the classic "everything in moderation" and "I will cut back but never give up."
      The one with arthritis actually mentioned using coconut oil every day and I was really excited, telling everyone yeah I eat a few spoonfuls a day! This morning though my very sweet coworker was telling me she looked at a container of it at the store and it looked very, very unhealthy and she just couldn't buy something like that. The others though are known to have pretty bad attitudes from time to time and since going on the PB I can't help but wonder if it's related to diet. I also work in the offices at a manufacturing based facility and encounter a lot of behavioral issues that seem worse than children. I always wonder if someone has undiagnosed Celiac's or a reaction to some additive when I think about all the junk I see! I wish they would realize the instant noodles might be cheaper now but I see the result of years of it in my department.

Sidenote: I majored in nutrition also, graduated two years ago, in the midst of my BED. So even though I wasn't really getting the message, neither were my professors or peers. Veganism and CW were big. I had never even heard of Paleo/Primal!
      Funny, I have thinking about my juicer (the high dollar one in the cabinet I never use), have been thinking about getting it out again..
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
        Funny, I have thinking about my juicer (the high dollar one in the cabinet I never use), have been thinking about getting it out again..
        I have been caught up in it trying to get a lot of greens and fix estrogen dominance- I notice a good amount of difference when I do it. Giada's Rise and Shine juice is my go-to. Can't stand her though! And I love Kris Carr and her juice recipes, even though she doesn't eat meat.

Comment

• My friend (as her 16month old is picking up and throwing everything in my house within reach)... *sets down a little tub of goldfish crackers* (kid immediately distracted)... "I just wish they didn't have so much SALT in them, otherwise they'd be so HEALTHY!"

Comment

• Co-worker had doctor appt this morning. Someone asked her what doctor she goes to. She responded "I go to Dr. so-and-so, I like her because she is overweight so she can't tell me I need to lose weight".

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              they look nice on you

and by nice i mean they hug your thighs and butts delightfully
              I also vote no to skinny jeans for men, but jeans that actually FIT are good. I am over all the men I know, (especially the fit ones) wearing jeans that are 2 sizes to big. Show me the goods damn it!

I posted this somewhere before, but this could someday be the solution for all the sexy men on here who struggle to find jeans that fit at the waist and also over sexy muscled thighs. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...im-has-arrived
              No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
              -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• No skinny jeans for plus sized women either, it should be banned ( as a plus sized woman I am allowed to say this)

I have two women I work closely with A & B.

A is 30, has constant health issues, which she says are all genetic. Kidney, migraine, HBP, weak eyes, weak bones. Breakfast is 3 coffees with milk and sugar, a bowl of instant porridge. Lunch a pot noodle, some rice crackers and whatever soft white bread induced nightmare someone has brought in for the day. She is about 50kg overweight.

B is 52, has a single boiled egg for breakfast (too much cholesterol!) lunch is a piece of smoked salmon and half a tomato on 2 crackers. She is an ideal weight, but wants to lose a few. She is on statins.

I told them I eat about 20 eggs a week - pause, raised eyebrows have you had your cholesterol checked???( I have its fine)
                "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Ask them if they have any idea what cholesterol is and what it is for. Ask them if they understand what kind of cholesterol causes problems and where it comes from..... Then laugh at them when they get it wrong. Ask them if they think fat eaten goes directly to the blood stream without being digested?
                  Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                    I also vote no to skinny jeans for men, but jeans that actually FIT are good. I am over all the men I know, (especially the fit ones) wearing jeans that are 2 sizes to big. Show me the goods damn it!
                    How you doin', Elizabeth?
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Yeah i think i'm all for trousers that are made to look 'skinny' by the sheer size of thigh underneath them

Interestingly, there's been some good things said about these people over on the SS forum, could be the way to go if you aren't getting well fitted clothes:
                      Custom Jeans

review/testimonial:
                      Makeyourownjeans: Review and update

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        How you doin', Elizabeth?
                        Oh, I see you in the booty thread and the vanity thread. I see you and I enjoy it....
                        -Maimonodies

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• I think plus size women can wear skinny jeans, just not the same way twig-girls do . . . . . saying this as another plus-sized woman who has worn skinny jeans and will continue too.

Skinny girls can get away with wearing skinny jeans with regular shirts - plus sized girls look better if they (we) wear them with tunics or short dresses, in the way one would also wear leggings.
                          Healthy Bucket List:
                          • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
                          • Hike the Appalachian Trail
                          • Do a real pull-up
                          • Run a 5k
                          • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

• It's hard to look good in skinny jeans, even at my size. I try to buy them where the waist is a little baggy on me because muffin top is just not attractive, no matter how big or small you are. I try to find them where the waist line is actually at the waist, not down at the hip such as popular with Junior's department.

On men? No thanks. Crotch bulge is something I don't want to see, ever. Slim fit is okay, but skinny jean is not okay. I have known dudes that shopped in the ladies section for skinny jeans--not cool, they were designed for people without dicks to fit into.

As for leggings...they are not pants. Neither are yoga pants. I am tired of seeing the contoured lines of a woman's buttocks and underwear, no matter how big or small she is. Cover it up with a tunic or dress, there is such a thing as "TMI" when it comes to clothing.
                            Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                            Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                            Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                            F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                              As for leggings...they are not pants. Neither are yoga pants. I am tired of seeing the contoured lines of a woman's buttocks and underwear, no matter how big or small she is. Cover it up with a tunic or dress, there is such a thing as "TMI" when it comes to clothing.
                              http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...inb1o1_500.gif
                              -Maimonodies

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• At a CW friend's house for the weekend. Lovely gal who is hung up on old info, thinks she should eat low fat for her heart health. A typical example was the "fat free half & half" in the fridge. Rrrrr?!? First ingredient was skim milk, second was corn syrup, the rest were chemicals, etc. Not sure why it's legal to call it half & half...totally misleading since the original name means half milk and half cream. Guess they could say it's "half chemicals."

Surprisingly, she agreed that drinking corn syrup probably wasn't a great idea. Next time we'll work on the fat free sour "cream." Seriously though, why are they allowed to use the name if there's no cream in it?
                                Late 50s, post-menopausal, low carb with some dairy, following the 5 Leptin Rules, taking ThyroGold, eating lots o' fiber and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X