Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
    I think the "CW moment" in this was that my friend's suggestions for "protein" and "meat and vegetables" were all processed carby things...
    Most people are very confused about what is a "high protein" food. The other day my boyfriend wanted to go out for nachos. "I must be craving protein" he said. I was like, no... Enjoy your nachos, but if nachos are what you're craving, that's fat you're craving. Nachos aren't high in protein.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
      There are 3 steak houses in waking distance of the train station. Also a whole foods right In the same plaza as McDonald's. buy your friend a tourist map.
      Yeah, sounds about right... I could've even called in an order to a steakhouse (I only had an hour, so a sit-down meal would've been iffy)
      I was pretty irritated with his lack of knowledge (and my crappy cell/data connection on the bus in bfe CT meant it was hard to find something on my own)... boggles my mind.

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
      Most people are very confused about what is a "high protein" food. The other day my boyfriend wanted to go out for nachos. "I must be craving protein" he said. I was like, no... Enjoy your nachos, but if nachos are what you're craving, that's fat you're craving. Nachos aren't high in protein.
      I know If I'm craving nachos, I'm craving the carby crunch. Unless there's a pile of meat on top (and I don't usually enjoy meat on nachos, it tends to be low quality, often underseasoned and/or dried out) there's barely any protein in nachos!
      I guess you're right about people not knowing wtf protein is (which is why I even specified a chunk of meat... Lol!)... I've had people suggest beans, kale and bread as "high protein" items. *facepalm*

Comment

• At our last nutrition meeting I asked some of our girl athletes (8-15 years old) what some good sources of protein are. Some responses: Bananas. Apples. Bagels.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• You guys are depressing me, with the exception of Mr. A I'm assuming you were all talking to functioning adults. I bet they all knew how to navigate their smart phones and are competent texters! I'm going to crawl back under my rock now.
          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
            You guys are depressing me, with the exception of Mr. A I'm assuming you were all talking to functioning adults. I bet they all knew how to navigate their smart phones and are competent texters! I'm going to crawl back under my rock now.
            But they hear constantly that there's protein in everything. That it's impossible not to get enough protein. That most Americans are getting 4 times as much protein as they need and are going to die from it. Really, the vegan disinformation is ubiquitous, and out of some bizarre sort of respect, no one points out the huge fact gaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              But they hear constantly that there's protein in everything. That it's impossible not to get enough protein. That most Americans are getting 4 times as much protein as they need and are going to die from it. Really, the vegan disinformation is ubiquitous, and out of some bizarre sort of respect, no one points out the huge fact gaps.
              dont forget the special K protein water..
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• In case anyone wants to know where nachos fit into the food pyramid:
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                  At our last nutrition meeting I asked some of our girl athletes (8-15 years old) what some good sources of protein are. Some responses: Bananas. Apples. Bagels.

Sent via lightsaber
                  is butter a carb?
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

• Yes.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                      is butter a carb?
                      omg that was on tv the other night. What happened to LiLo, seriously! She needs some paleo/primal in her life.

Comment

• The big problem with the protein question is all the big cereal companies are jumping on the protein bandwagon and claiming there cereal/cereal bars etc are an excellent source of protein.

On a more serious note I once had a veg@n try and argue that steak was a processed food...head meet desk!
                        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kwaggz View Post
                          omg that was on tv the other night. What happened to LiLo, seriously! She needs some paleo/primal in her life.
                          i made it through exactly 1.5 episodes of her reality show

i don't think it's drugs, i think it's allllll her
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

• So the current fads at my office are juice fasts and going vegetarian. I can't explain the first one, but apparently the vegetarianism is because of that study that was in the news recently that eating 7-9 servings of fruits and veg a day leads to longer life. I'm so confused ... cutting out grains have caused me to eat way more fruit and veg than cutting out meat ever would. Nothing wrong with vegetarianism, but I'm baffled why the take away from that article for so many people was apparently to cut out meat...

Comment

• Originally posted by LindyCG View Post
                              So the current fads at my office are juice fasts and going vegetarian. I can't explain the first one, but apparently the vegetarianism is because of that study that was in the news recently that eating 7-9 servings of fruits and veg a day leads to longer life. I'm so confused ... cutting out grains have caused me to eat way more fruit and veg than cutting out meat ever would. Nothing wrong with vegetarianism, but I'm baffled why the take away from that article for so many people was apparently to cut out meat...
                              Maybe they think they can't eat that much a day?

It's not hard. 2 cups of (homemade crammed full of veggies) veggie soup is nearly 4 serves of veggies and it's not in the least bit filling.

In Australia it's recommended you eat that much veggies on top of everything else.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

• General nutrition courses in college (at least mine) are currently teaching that vegetarianism MAY be better for your health than eating meat because we have lower rates of heart disease and other serious health issues, but they emphasized that this may be because we simply pay more attention to our diets than the general populace and tend not to eat things like fast food. It's probably turned a few omnivores, but I don't think this is a bad thing.
                                Music of the day/week/month/whatever:

K.A.A.N. - L.T.N. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWocmse1Ef4

Comment

Working...
                                X