No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's my birthday tomorrow (happy birthday me!) and one of our cooler boss's last day at work. This guy is always really excited when I cook but somehow always manages to miss out, so it was really great the stars aligned today. I made two trays of paleo brownies (sweet potato, honey, coconut oil, cocoa powder, little bit of coconut flour + either banana and walnut or coconut and white chocolate), box gluten free chocolate chip cookies, box brownies, and box peanut butter cookies.

Guess which one went first?

*facepalm of despair* At least everyone who tried the good brownies said they were awesome. And this boss had decided to cut back on/out wheat and sugar just yesterday! Hopefully he stays sort of in contact; it's good to have leadership role model, especially if they support my dietary quirks.

Comment

• Happy birthday, RR!

My boss was asking me about my weight loss and what I've done. I usually don't come right out and say, "paleo" or "primal." I just said my usual bit about not eating processed foods, grains, and added sugars. She told me that she had read Wheat Belly and that it was really eye-opening. She was telling me how she never knew about gut leakage, inflammation, and how bad gluten really is. She was telling me how she's trying to watch what she eats and feeds her family now. I was excited for her. Well, the past two days at lunch I had seen her eating a chipotle burrito, then pizza. Hmmm..

Comment

• "...she's trying to watch what she eats and feeds her family now."

There is no 'try', only 'do' or 'do not'.
        Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
        Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
        "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
        "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
        "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

• Originally posted by PBNewby View Post
          "...she's trying to watch what she eats and feeds her family now."
          Yep, she's watching. She watching herself and her family eat crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drock View Post
            "She was telling me how she's trying to watch what she eats and feeds her family now."
            Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            "Yep, she's watching. She watching herself and her family eat crap."
            It's on par with a statement like "I'm on a diet in between meals"
            "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

• Originally posted by ilovesteak View Post
              It's on par with a statement like "I'm on a diet in between meals"
              *and snacks.

Comment

• Had a friend insist on shuttling me from the bus to the train in Providence, RI (10min walk, but I suppose it's good to see a friend and spend the hour wait with company)... We were supposed to eat, but when I said "I need protein" he didn't understand... I further specified "you know, a hunk of beef/pork/chicken (preferably unadulterated) and veggies"

The suggestions I got were McDonalds, a burrito place (but... You like chipotle! [I get a salad!] So you want a salad? [Doesn't have to be a salad, just meat. And veggies.]), a pizza place, and a ramen place (you asked if there was a Japanese stirfry place in the mall.. If that's okay, what's wrong with ramen? [Sakura isn't my all time favorite, but it's meat. And veggies. Not noodles and soy ])....

I think I said meat & veggies about 500 times. Lol. I ended up eating an apple and almond butter from my bag because it was too daunting for him to figure out a place that had meat. And veggies.

Comment

• Watching my little pony and McDonald's commercial pops up. Spider-man all over, and a little memo at the end telling kids to eat dairy and fruit at McDonald's. You don't go to McDonald's for dairy and fruit.

Also, good episode. Muscle pony.

http://www.hubnetwork.com/shows/my-l...de-10-season-4
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                    Watching my little pony and McDonald's commercial pops up. Spider-man all over, and a little memo at the end telling kids to eat dairy and fruit at McDonald's. You don't go to McDonald's for dairy and fruit.

I tried that once, the kids wouldn't eat pre packaged Apple and the dairy is flavored sugar filled milk.

Girls love the ponies.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                      Watching my little pony and McDonald's commercial pops up. Spider-man all over, and a little memo at the end telling kids to eat dairy and fruit at McDonald's. You don't go to McDonald's for dairy and fruit.

It's on season 4 already?? I'm so behind!!

The MDA drunk: drunk posting warning. Take seriously at your own risk. *hick*

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannakb View Post
                        I tried that once, the kids wouldn't eat pre packaged Apple and the dairy is flavored sugar filled milk.
                        Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                        You don't go to McDonald's for dairy and fruit.
                        This.
                        First, if I'm eating at McD's, I'm eating junk. Because that's what they have. I'm either eating there because I don't have a say in the matter or because i want some junk food. Stop making the food taste shitty by trying to make it "better for me"

Second, what's the point of a "healthy" beverage like milk if you add as much sugar + artificial flavoring as a soda? Might as well just have the soda (see above)...

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
                          Had a friend insist on shuttling me from the bus to the train in Providence, RI (10min walk, but I suppose it's good to see a friend and spend the hour wait with company)... We were supposed to eat, but when I said "I need protein" he didn't understand... I further specified "you know, a hunk of beef/pork/chicken (preferably unadulterated) and veggies"

The suggestions I got were McDonalds, a burrito place (but... You like chipotle! [I get a salad!] So you want a salad? [Doesn't have to be a salad, just meat. And veggies.]), a pizza place, and a ramen place (you asked if there was a Japanese stirfry place in the mall.. If that's okay, what's wrong with ramen? [Sakura isn't my all time favorite, but it's meat. And veggies. Not noodles and soy ])....

I think I said meat & veggies about 500 times. Lol. I ended up eating an apple and almond butter from my bag because it was too daunting for him to figure out a place that had meat. And veggies.
                          Why didn't you just go to the burrito place, get a naked burrito, hold the rice and beans, boom done?
                          With the exception of McDonalds, I've found paleo/primal meals at all those restaurant types. I'm not going to say they tasted good but it was easy enough for them to come up with something.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                            Why didn't you just go to the burrito place, get a naked burrito, hold the rice and beans, boom done?
                            A taco is even easier to primalize.
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                              With the exception of McDonalds, I've found paleo/primal meals at all those restaurant types. I'm not going to say they tasted good but it was easy enough for them to come up with something.
                              Yeah, I can find something almost anywhere (even McD's has options that are less unhealthy), but I think the "CW moment" in this was that my friend's suggestions for "protein" and "meat and vegetables" were all processed carby things... And I was pretty irritated that everything was a shot in the dark, he didn't know much (if anything) about the restaurants/menus in a town where he's lived his whole life... (E.g. he told me there was no chipotle in Providence and no Asian stirfry in the mall [he works in the mall] - both of which are false)...

Comment

• There are 3 steak houses in waking distance of the train station. Also a whole foods right In the same plaza as McDonald's. buy your friend a tourist map.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                                I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

Working...
                                X