Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not funny to me, just irritating...

So I just found out my ex is now "100% paleo except for peanut butter and beer." The whole time we were together he was always "But I love carbs! Sandwiches, yum! Cookies!" which made it harder for me to stay on track/easier to justify indulging since that stuff was always around.

Meanwhile, we split (not amicably, he was a dick) and all of a sudden he is PALEO, WOO!

I need to go to a boxing class so I can hit something, stat!
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Funny CW moments

Mr. Anthony - that's just mean! And I love it.

Comment

• OHHHH almost forgot this (in the haze of delicious wine at a family party). Was excitedly talking to a cousin-in-law about paleo and MDA because he mentioned he had started in February and lost 14 lbs, when sis-in-law starts talking about how bad meat is for you and how there's a book that gives all the reasons why, and I go, "..... is it The China Study? Because that whole book is not real science and has been debunked since it came out...." and she goes, "well, I have lots of friends who have kept their cancer at bay by getting rid of red meat, so I'm not eating it very much anymore". I smiled and started asking the cousin about his various meals and how ISNT HEAVY CREAM IN COFFEE SO MAGICAL. And then comes the "well everything in moderation" from a couple other family members. I wanted to walk away yelling "NOPE NOPE NOPE" but I think the wine tempered my reaction to a tepid smile.....

Comment

• I always get the "well everything in moderation" lecture.

Just smile and wave

You know the truth!

Mr. Anthony, that is so funny! I might have to try and do that sometime

Just started a new job and I mentioned how I'm into health and fitness and how I don't eat doughnuts for lunch. My new colleague mentions how she's on a diet at the moment, she takes me to the fridge to show me her lunch. A low fat ready meal 😒 I just looked at her and laughed for a bit to myself and walked away. Maybe I should settle into the company before I start criticising everyone's eating habits

Comment

• Someone just told me he's doing low carb, high cereal. I asked how he's doing that, and he said he's using mostly grits.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
              Someone just told me he's doing low carb, high cereal. I asked how he's doing that, and he said he's using mostly grits.
              Ummmm....what? Lol
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I almost got talked in to a juice fast. Deload week at the gym. Co-worker crowing about how she lost 5 lbs!!!1111!!! on it. OK, I could use some detox for 3 days. Except you have to basically eat vegan gluten free for 5 days before and after. So....2 weeks of nothing but veggies.

I can see how one would lose 5lbs. Of course you could also save $150 and just eat veggies for 2 weeks, or cut out carbs or do any number of things.

But damn, my office has junk too and it is NEVER just grocery store crap. Always real baked goods from the best bakery, sandwiches on home made bread. Grandmas coconut cake with 4 sticks of butter. While I can totally walk by the WalMart muffins and Subway (that shit grosses me out), it's hard to pass on hand made croissants with real butter and stuffed with dark chocolate.

I am lobbying to get a water cooler in my section of the office so I can avoid the break room....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Gathering last night with female friends. Hubby came home early ( ) and stayed nearby so we felt the need the leave. However, prior to departure he states that he hates melennials and their gluten free stance. Frustrated as this is my group of friends that do not understand the ins and outs of primal and it is too difficult to explain a thing to them. Fortunately, he does understand real food and grass-fed meat though. Obviously I don't know how to spell m above!
                  Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                  CW: 10-11-16: 144
                  GW: 130 a dream, I know
                  Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                    I've tried to give little bits of advice, but it all sounds too hard to stick with for her! Ya, because none of my advice includes eating junk food!
                    I hate it when people say this. I have two coworkers who are sick all the time and at leas 100lbs overweight. They saw an old pic of me and where all "What did you do!" As soon as I told them they lost interest, no amount of telling them they wouldn't miss it because everything else is so awesome would convince them. They were just like- but cake and cheetos....but jimmy johns and chick-fil-A...and the list went on. The funny thing is that after you eat paleo for a while, none of that crap tastes as good to you as a nice lamb roast. Or some salmon sashimi. Or bacon. Every time I cave and eat something from a restaurant when Im traveling or something I am so disappointed. Was that stuff ever actually good?
                    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Comment

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
                      Hah. This only happens every single time I try to order coffee or make it anywhere but at home. If I say "NO... CREAM! REAL CREAM!!!" they act like you just asked for a turd.

My mom goes out of her way, mind you, to make sure she's stocked up on fat-free Coffee Mate(TM) for me whenever I'm over at her house. (She takes her coffee black.)
                      The first time I tried coffee as a teenager, my friend suggested adding some Coffee Mate. A few minutes later in a group meeting of the reelection commitee of our state's U.S. senator, I threw up across the table. Haven't had Coffee Mate again, ever.
                      Age 55, post-menopausal, primal since August '12 with some dairy, lots of seafood, following PHD and the 5 Leptin Rules. Taking ThyroGold, eating RS and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Energy! View Post
                        The first time I tried coffee as a teenager, my friend suggested adding some Coffee Mate. A few minutes later in a group meeting of the reelection commitee of our state's U.S. senator, I threw up across the table. Haven't had Coffee Mate again, ever.
                        May have been the Senator.... they are pretty repulsive.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kwaggz View Post
                          when sis-in-law starts talking about how bad meat is for you and how there's a book that gives all the reasons why, and I go, "..... is it The China Study? Because that whole book is not real science and has been debunked since it came out...." and she goes, "well, I have lots of friends who have kept their cancer at bay by getting rid of red meat, so I'm not eating it very much anymore". I smiled and started asking the cousin about his various meals and how ISNT HEAVY CREAM IN COFFEE SO MAGICAL. And then comes the "well everything in moderation" from a couple other family members. I wanted to walk away yelling "NOPE NOPE NOPE" but I think the wine tempered my reaction to a tepid smile.....

Just wanted to come back and say my SIL just texted me and said she was sorry if she came off as rude about The China Study because she knew her friends did their research, and then realized that I did mine too, and then did HER OWN research and found that T. Colin Campbell has strong ties to PETA. I gave her Denise Mingers name and she said she would check out the blog and the China Study "science" debunk... I'm happy she's doing her own research and not taking everyone's opinions as a matter of fact. yay!

Comment

• Originally posted by eig View Post
                            They were just like- but cake and cheetos....but jimmy johns and chick-fil-A...and the list went on. The funny thing is that after you eat paleo for a while, none of that crap tastes as good to you as a nice lamb roast. Or some salmon sashimi. Or bacon. Every time I cave and eat something from a restaurant when Im traveling or something I am so disappointed. Was that stuff ever actually good?
                            I noticed this as well, restaurant food used to taste good but now it's just gross! Doesn't matter if it's fast food or a nice restaurant either. I dread being away from home for long periods of time without a kitchen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              May have been the Senator.... they are pretty repulsive.....
                              He wasn't winning any beauty contests, that's for sure. One thing I remember was somebody saying, "Ugh!" Fortunately, only the coffee was in my tummy at the time.
                              Age 55, post-menopausal, primal since August '12 with some dairy, lots of seafood, following PHD and the 5 Leptin Rules. Taking ThyroGold, eating RS and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Kwaggz View Post
                                Just wanted to come back and say my SIL just texted me and said she was sorry if she came off as rude about The China Study because she knew her friends did their research, and then realized that I did mine too, and then did HER OWN research and found that T. Colin Campbell has strong ties to PETA. I gave her Denise Mingers name and she said she would check out the blog and the China Study "science" debunk... I'm happy she's doing her own research and not taking everyone's opinions as a matter of fact. yay!
                                Yay for science and independent thought!

Comment

Working...
                                X