Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
    I think I saw that on the Three Stooges, the old ones, not the remake movie travesty .
    My dad raised us on the Three Stooges and Weird Al, I've been told that explains a lot. Anyway, I remember one Stooges, they were at a restaurant and the waiter asks if they'd like anything else and they all chime in, "yeah, another turkey!" To me it looked like they had each been eating, maybe, a large chicken but certainly not a turkey. I asked dad about it and he explained that turkeys weren't always as big as they are now. And that was my first experience thinking about modern agriculture practices. I have no idea how old I was. All thanks to Larry, Mo, and Curly.

Sent from....right behind you....
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaveBug View Post
      My dad raised us on the Three Stooges and Weird Al, I've been told that explains a lot.
      I was also raised on the Three Stooges but Weird Al came later. I did get a healthy dose of George Carlin and my wife has read his book "Silly putty and napalm" and still says that it sounds like something I would have wrote.

I was working in Yemen, started a few months after 9/11 happened. One of the Yemeni guys I worked with was of the sort that he would have been the one to strap on explosives and walk into a room full of expats. Turns out that the Three Stooges is pretty popular in Yemen and he loved Curly. I brought him back a "Curly for president" t-shirt one time and I think he became my BFF.

If you cannot laugh when you see this picture, there is something wrong with your sense of humor. I don't play golf but I would with this bunch.

Randal
      AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
      Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
      http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• This isn't "funny" at all... But definitely CW... :-/
        my friend just turned 38 last week, and she "tried" to eat healthier earlier this year - basically she was freaked out about her health and pre-diabetic state, and decided she really wanted to change her sugar guzzling ways, so she asked my advice, knowing I eat really healthfully.

I got her all gung ho about a whole 30 back in January, and I spent a lot of time helping her figure out meals, even a whole day in the kitchen cooking with her (and letting her use a lot of my "staples" like grass-fed ghee and red boat fish sauce so she and her limited budget didn't have to invest for her to use them in a recipe or two)... She didn't even make it 2 weeks; I mean, at least she took away incorporating more REAL food into her diet... But she decided she wanted to do something more like weight watchers...

Fast forward to this past weekend, she tells me her doc is putting her on statins and possibly something else...
        And she tells me how psyched she is that the doc put her on generic prilosec earlier in the year so she can eat all these things (we were out for fondue & tapas... The goodies themselves are pretty primal, but the bread/pita is my 20%)

Not even 40... *sigh* statins. *sigh*
        (And then I read that 70% of Americans take at least one prescription drug, 50% take 2+, 20% take 5+... Holy cow!)

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
          This isn't "funny" at all... But definitely CW... :-/

Not even 40... *sigh* statins. *sigh*
          That is really quite distressing PrimalMama. You did what you could.
          Annie Ups the Ante
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Yipes that's pretty scary...

I had a cart judgement today, but it was kind of deserving just because...

Organic bean and corn salsa, fine
            A small bag of shredded iceberg, the only fresh produce
            Organic hair stuff
            A can of black beans, nothing really wrong there
            Two gigantic cans of fat free refried beans... er, okay...
            Tortilla chips, well...
            Low fat ice cream, but it's 1/3 the fat! 8D

I feel like a jerk, but so much deprivation and then the ice cream did me in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
              Yipes that's pretty scary...

I had a cart judgement today, but it was kind of deserving just because...

Organic bean and corn salsa, fine
              A small bag of shredded iceberg, the only fresh produce
              Organic hair stuff
              A can of black beans, nothing really wrong there
              Two gigantic cans of fat free refried beans... er, okay...
              Tortilla chips, well...
              Low fat ice cream, but it's 1/3 the fat! 8D

I feel like a jerk, but so much deprivation and then the ice cream did me in.
              I judge the people going to MD s and HJ s when it's obese mum and overweight to obese kids. I feel sad for them too.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

(And then I read that 70% of Americans take at least one prescription drug, 50% take 2+, 20% take 5+... Holy cow!)
                That is really sad. Not judging...I was in that 50% for a long time.

And, so is the story of your friend. Hope she sticks with whatever she does diet-wise.

Comment

• She bought and read "it starts with food" even though the book was a "big" expense (and I told her she could get all the info she needed from websites)...
                  She's got lots of struggles and stubborn spots (areas where she's unwilling to change/compromise for the sake of her health) that I guess are foreign to me...
                  It just sucks to see someone basically killing themselves. :-/

Comment

It just sucks to see someone basically killing themselves. :-/
                    I know, I have family and friends in that category. Four years ago when I started primal I was all gung ho to help them and spread the primal word. Not one of them changed their diet, even after I bought them books, gave them websites and showed them how to make tasty meals. TBH many of them have problems that are so far gone diet alone isn't going to save them. It's sad because I know my siblings won't even make it to be as old as my parents.

My family is planning a reunion in June and I got an email from my brother saying that I should get together with my niece to plan some meals because we are both interested in food and nutrition...... but she is vegan! This is from my brother that I've talked to in depth over the years about nutrition, he has full on metabolic syndrome. I wasn't sure if was joking, I have to assume he was because if he wasn't, does that mean he didn't understand all the things we talked about over the years? I mean I do eat some "vegan" foods like fruit and veggies but if she is a philosophical vegan I don't think she'll be too happy to see my cooler full of grass fed beef.
                    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Someone i work with is on meds for heartburn, high blood pressure, asthma, cholesterol, a blood thinner, and also takes stuff for migraines. Overweight as well and eats 100% crap. She always says she needs to lose weight and maybe then she could go off some of her meds (that she complains about how much they cost her all the time). Her last attempt at losing weight was - eat anything you want for 3 days, and the 4th day you only eat 400 calories. so and so did it and they lost a bunch of weight! So basically for 3 days she ate anything she wanted. In the little bit I saw it included donuts, candy, cake, and chips. Surprise, surprise she didn't lose any weight! Still eats anything she wants, just dropped the 1-day of 400 calories (because it was too tough). I've tried to give little bits of advice, but it all sounds too hard to stick with for her! Ya, because none of my advice includes eating junk food!

Comment

• For some reason there's been an overabundance of free crap at jobs lately. Pasta salads, cinnamon rolls, donuts, cakes...you name it. Tons of it. Doesn't bother me; I just eat the piles of food I bring with me.

BUT it's been funny to save the little "Organic" stickers from my produce and then stick them on things like the box of cinnamon rolls. It's awesome to hear someone say "Oh, honey buns! And they're organic, so they're healthy!" and then maul into them like a bear that just emerged from hibernation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post

BUT it's been funny to save the little "Organic" stickers from my produce and then stick them on things like the box of cinnamon rolls. It's awesome to hear someone say "Oh, honey buns! And they're organic, so they're healthy!" and then maul into them like a bear that just emerged from hibernation.
                          I love this! And so true.

I see people post gluten-free junk food on facebook all excited because it's healthy as well.

Comment

I love this prank!!!!!!!
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

For some reason there's been an overabundance of free crap at jobs lately. Pasta salads, cinnamon rolls, donuts, cakes...you name it. Tons of it. Doesn't bother me; I just eat the piles of food I bring with me.

hahahahah evil..
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Mr. Anthony - that's AWESOME.

I went to an event this weekend where I thought there'd be lots of fruit/veg/cheese to snack on for appetizers ('cause there was the last time I went to this event, although it WAS at a different venue), and there wasn't... it was ziti with sauce as the SOLE appetizer... I ate the warm tomatoes and sprinkled on plenty of parm... used about 3 pieces of the ziti to scoop up the sauce, and had heartburn the rest of the day...
                                The rest of the meal was a pre-dressed mixed greens salad (decent), an entree (about 8 green beans and 3 half-golf-ball-sized potatoes with 2-3oz of salmon OR 2 breaded chicken breasts covered in lemony sauce) I'd pre-ordered the salmon, and Italian cookies for dessert.
                                After the meal, I mentioned I was SO hungry still... and my supervisor (the one who paid for my ticket, so I can't even complain about not getting MY money's worth) said "well, you didn't EAT anything!" (uh, because there was hardly any REAL FOOD?) and said she'd take us out for ice cream at Carvel afterwards. *facepalm*
                                When I didn't have anything at Carvel, she complimented me on my self control (IMO, ziti, italian cookies and carvel soft serve aren't even WORTH eating something crappy for the sake of filling the belly, I just don't even enjoy them!)
                                If I weren't 8.5 months pregnant, I would've been fine IFing all day... but I was just hungry and irritated instead (and glad to go for fondue and tapas with my friend afterwards!)

Comment

Working...
                                X