No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm actually doesn't sound that bad. Maybe I'll give homemade mayo a third chance...

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
      From Mark's "Primal Blueprint Healthy Sauces, Dressings, & Toppings" book.

Thousand Island Dressing

1 teaspoon (5ml) grated white or yellow onion
      3/4 cup (175ml) homemade mayo
      1/4 cup (60ml) homemade ketchup
      2 tablespoons (30ml) finely chopped dill pickle
      2 teaspoons (10ml) apple cider vinegar

Mix the grated onion with the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.

Use your favorite mayo recipe. Mine is the following, by Juli Bauer of PaleOMG:

2/3 cup avocado oil
      1 egg
      1 teaspoon lemon juice
      1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
      1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
      salt and pepper, to taste

Add all mayo ingredients to a tall container, place an immersion blender to the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture begins to become thicker, slowly pull the immersion blender up the container to make sure mixture mixes completely.

Mark's Homemade Ketchup (I use organic ketchup from the health food store)

1 6-ounce (170g) can tomato paste
      1/4 cupt (60ml) apple cider vinegar
      2 teaspoons (10ml) honey, or more to taste
      1 teaspoon (5ml) dark or blackstrap molasses
      1/4 cup (60ml) water
      1/2 teaspoon (2ml) salt
      1 garlic clove
      1 tablespoon (15ml) finely chopped white or yellow onion.
      Pinch of garam masala or allspice

Combine all ingredients in a blender at medium-high speed until very smooth. Chill before serving.
      These actually sound pretty good, if a bit time consuming. Has anyone tried them?

Comment

• Originally posted by John T. View Post
        These actually sound pretty good, if a bit time consuming. Has anyone tried them?
        I've done the Ketchup a few times, only difference is that I sweat the onion and garlic down, its pretty darn good, and it doesn't take that long to be honest, there's also a BBQ sauce in the same book which is tidy!

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
          Hmm actually doesn't sound that bad. Maybe I'll give homemade mayo a third chance...
          Oh no, did it not work in the past? I have found that heating the bowl helps.
          You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaveBug View Post
            Oh no, did it not work in the past? I have found that heating the bowl helps.
            It's the texture that gets me. I don't like the flavor of raw egg yolk either (when I fry eggs, I get them just barely heated through but no longer "raw"). I've tried olive oil and macadamia oil, but ended up tossing both batches.

Comment

• Have you tried looking for vegan mayo recipes? They wouldn't have eggs and not all of them have tofu in them.
              You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• VEGAN MAYO!!!???? You know it's outlawed in all advanced societies, right?
                "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

• I thought we were cavemen!!!

Comment

• The only sauce I want on my food is the nice rare bloody juice that is left in the pan after I cook my meat. Sauces? feh I say, Poo and fiddle sticks I say.
                    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                      The only sauce I want on my food is the nice rare bloody juice that is left in the pan after I cook my meat. Sauces? feh I say, Poo and fiddle sticks I say.
                      Agreed!

Comment

• Ketchup and Ranch dressing are what's wrong with America. (Lol)

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
                          Ketchup and Ranch dressing are what's wrong with America. (Lol)
                          That and fat free mayo. Seriously what IS that stuff?

Comment

A friend came over the other day and brought a pizza, when she went to cut it, she was more than a little horrified that I didn't own a pizza cutter. Hahahaha!
                            I always cut pizza with scissors.

Comment

A friend came over the other day and brought a pizza, when she went to cut it, she was more than a little horrified that I didn't own a pizza cutter. Hahahaha!
                              Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                              I don't eat pizza often.

But when I do, I always just fold up the whole pie and eat it like a giant taco
                              "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                                I think I saw that on the Three Stooges, the old ones, not the remake movie travesty .
                                Randal
                                AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                                Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                                http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X