Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you. So glad it's low fat.

(I like "culinary marvels of terror that look like a Circus threw up," though.)

Comment

• I had a cheat day this week and got a Reuben Sandwich on local rye bread. SO GOOD. They have a side of housemade potato chips which I passed on and the vendor kind of gave me a hard time. The woman next to me in line commented "those are the best part, get some" and I didn't look at her, and just heard the comment and said "I need to not be fat for swimsuit season". I look over at her, and she is morbidly obese. I immediately felt like an asshole for the comment. But then she just kept making a big deal out of it- how good chips were and how she would not miss them for a diet and I looked fine and could eat some chips. And all I could think of is that if you think a reuben sandwich is a "diet" food, no wonder you are so god damn fat. I really try and be nice to obese people- I used to be there too, but the way she just kept going on, you'd have thought I was a skinny bitch ordering a salad, no dressing. I mean lady, I had a god damn huge sandwich with fatty meat, swiss cheese and THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• In what way could a Reuben be considered a diet food!? I absolutely love them! If I could get one as good as Magnolia's I'd be there in a hot second!
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• A friend of mine's been giving me a hard time about eating primal, lately.

"You eat tongue and liver? That's disgusting!"
          "What do you mean, you don't want to eat at Cane's (fried chicken strip place)?"
          "You had 8 eggs for breakfast? Whoa, that's way too much fat. You should have a bowl of Life cereal every morning like me. It's much healthier for you."

He's been sick as a dog for the past week or two (allergies, he says). I wonder why...
          In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
            A friend of mine's been giving me a hard time about eating primal, lately.

"What do you mean, you don't want to eat at Cane's (fried chicken strip place)?"
            "You had 8 eggs for breakfast? Whoa, that's way too much fat. You should have a bowl of Life cereal every morning like me. It's much healthier for you."

He's been sick as a dog for the past week or two (allergies, he says). I wonder why...
            Tell him to have some heart... I could not help the punny..
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
              Tell him to have some heart... I could not help the punny..
              That's not bad .
              In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                A friend of mine's been giving me a hard time about eating primal, lately.

oh, to be young and foolish a-gain, where the thought of eating steak every day sounds super not healthy because that's the kind of thing everybody says
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

• One of our Korean soldiers has expressed interest in learning health stuff for fun. I told him it's the best and worst thing you can do, because you'll be able to make better choices but it'll piss you off when you see all the confusion and misinformation. We did get into it a bit after everyone else left (and there were no vegans or gluten as a vital nutrient folks left). Had an interesting talk about vitamin A. I swear, Koreans are so much more open minded to health stuff probably because they are much less removed than Americans.

YouTube suggested I watch somebody's "grocery haul" because they previously suggested I watch some blogger girl's "I bought ten bags of clothes for one season haul" (seriously does YouTube know me at all??). So many boxes... So much bad nutritional science... Funny how those tend to come hand in hand. 0_0

If someone can mostly paleoify a Reuben I will love them forever. Mostly the dressing. I don't even want to look at thousand island dressing to see what's in there lol.

Comment

• A friend came over the other day and brought a pizza, when she went to cut it, she was more than a little horrified that I didn't own a pizza cutter. Hahahaha!

Ritten, I've heard good things about this Thousand Island
                    Silly Little CaveGirl: Thousand Island Dressing
                    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                      I had a cheat day this week and got a Reuben Sandwich on local rye bread. SO GOOD. They have a side of housemade potato chips . . .
                      I go to Max's and get a great Reuben sandwich and they also have housemade potato chips. Which I have had on the rare occasion. But they have a Bistro salad for a side with that sandwich which is to die for. Spring greens, blue cheese, walnuts, grapes, etc., and a wonderful balsamic dressing. Yum.

Comment

• I'm surprised there haven't been more Easter-related Funny CW moments...

I posted a facebook status about the dang easter bunny still finding me even though I'm "old" and I don't celebrate easter...

Someone was like "well, as long as you got candy!"
                        *facepalm* that's kind of the point... I didn't want candy... I've NEVER liked peeps (I just don't understand the obsession, they're gross!), malt eggs, jelly beans, etc. and although they used to be an annual favorite (a special treat), I haven't enjoyed creme eggs since Cadbury got bought and changed their formula (it now has HFCS and PGPR and definitely tastes "meh" as opposed to "yum")
                        oh well...

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post

If someone can mostly paleoify a Reuben I will love them forever. Mostly the dressing. I don't even want to look at thousand island dressing to see what's in there lol.
                          The place I went uses a roasted red pepper aioli- make it with olive oil and its close enough to Thousand Island. Sauerkraut is paleo, meat is paleo, swiss cheese is 20% and just go buy some local rye bread.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                            The place I went uses a roasted red pepper aioli- make it with olive oil and its close enough to Thousand Island. Sauerkraut is paleo, meat is paleo, swiss cheese is 20% and just go buy some local rye bread.
                            I can't do the rye, but I've got a loaf of udi's in the freezer which is pretty good toasted. It might give my Forman gill something to do.

Comment

• From Mark's "Primal Blueprint Healthy Sauces, Dressings, & Toppings" book.

Thousand Island Dressing

1 teaspoon (5ml) grated white or yellow onion
                              3/4 cup (175ml) homemade mayo
                              1/4 cup (60ml) homemade ketchup
                              2 tablespoons (30ml) finely chopped dill pickle
                              2 teaspoons (10ml) apple cider vinegar

Mix the grated onion with the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.

Use your favorite mayo recipe. Mine is the following, by Juli Bauer of PaleOMG:

2/3 cup avocado oil
                              1 egg
                              1 teaspoon lemon juice
                              1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
                              1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
                              salt and pepper, to taste

Add all mayo ingredients to a tall container, place an immersion blender to the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture begins to become thicker, slowly pull the immersion blender up the container to make sure mixture mixes completely.

Mark's Homemade Ketchup (I use organic ketchup from the health food store)

1 6-ounce (170g) can tomato paste
                              1/4 cupt (60ml) apple cider vinegar
                              2 teaspoons (10ml) honey, or more to taste
                              1 teaspoon (5ml) dark or blackstrap molasses
                              1/4 cup (60ml) water
                              1/2 teaspoon (2ml) salt
                              1 garlic clove
                              1 tablespoon (15ml) finely chopped white or yellow onion.
                              Pinch of garam masala or allspice

Combine all ingredients in a blender at medium-high speed until very smooth. Chill before serving.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                                Quick and Easy Thousand Island Dressing Recipe | Paleo inspired, real food

Paleoified. And I make "bread" with egg whites and coconut flakes.
                                The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                                Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                                Pope John Paul II

Comment

Working...
                                X