Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
    First of all, I don't know what is wrong with YouTube's Algorithm that it recommends High Fructose Raw Vegan videos to me, but that's okay...

    This is horrifying:
    How I lost my period on a RAW VEGAN Diet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ptJE79npA

    holy cow. I don't even know where to begin with how many things are wrong with this.... menstruation is toxicity leaving your body?! O_o
    Rather impressive. Most Darwin Award winners don't live to get theirs.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
      Rather impressive. Most Darwin Award winners don't live to get theirs.
      Yeah, I couldn't finish the video because it was like opposite land - it was bizarre how happy she was that a raw vegan diet stopped her period. That's one of the clearest signs I can think of that you're doing something unhealthy for your body (outside of menopause at least).

      Comment


      • I guess that's why I don't have periods. No toxins!

        Sent via lightsaber

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
          I guess that's why I don't have periods. No toxins!

          Sent via lightsaber
          That's definitely it! You must teach us your secrets for staying toxin-free despite your non-raw vegan diet! Lol

          Comment


          • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            My office is looking into the possibility of hiring a nutrition specialist and Weight Watchers coach and/or a Biggest Loser competition that includes a monetary prize at the end. I'm all for people trying to lose weight that they don't want, but the Weight Watchers thing would cost the participants $10/week for 3 months! It all just strikes me as rather silly that people can't take responsibility for their own health.
            Back in my CW days I probably spent $500 to lose the same 5 lbs over and over on WW. Finally realized I was wasting my money-- the only way I was successful on WW was eating the same three meals for months at a time. Primal is so much better and I don't have to pay anyone to tell me to eat gross processed snacks!


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              My office is looking into the possibility of hiring a nutrition specialist and Weight Watchers coach and/or a Biggest Loser competition that includes a monetary prize at the end. I'm all for people trying to lose weight that they don't want, but the Weight Watchers thing would cost the participants $10/week for 3 months! It all just strikes me as rather silly that people can't take responsibility for their own health.
              for some, they would see this as a way of taking responsibility for their health, by paying and doing ww etc. (someone to tell them what to do). There are many people that are not self starters. It is just who they are and you can not change them. They have to change them self.
              Karin


              Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

              What am I doing? Depends on the day.

              Comment


              • Kind of a CW moment last night. MY sister has her daughter-in-law on Wed nights, so I make it a point to go visit every Wednesday for dinner and play time. My sister has been awed at the weight I've lost over the last year (around 100 lbs). She is super supportive, but doesn't quite get it. Most likely because she has been around 120 lbs her whole life and lives off of ice cream, cookies, and an occasional salad. Actually, my entire family is fairly thin, except for me. Everyone tries to remind her on Wednesdays, to make some primal dishes for me to enjoy. Doesn't really matter to me because I'm fine grabbing a rotisserie chicken on the way for myself. My niece, being only 3, thinks it's hilarious that I eat it right off the bone.

                Well yesterday, my sister called to make sure I was coming after work and was excited to tell me that I didn't need to bring food and she made a great dinner or pork chops and broccoli. Perfect! I thought. No need to stop on the way and a hot dinner was waiting for me. When I walk in, it smells incredible! Everyone sits down to eat and she brings out the pork chops, breaded pork chops. She was soo excited and proud of what she had made that I didn't mention what the issue was. I ate half a pork chop and a bunch of broccoli. Then I picked up a chicken on the way home. She will get it one day

                Comment


                • Originally posted by OneBigDude View Post
                  My niece, being only 3, thinks it's hilarious that I eat it right off the bone.
                  How else would you eat rotisserie chicken?

                  I went to my neighbor's place and she offered me a brownie... I declined, saying I don't really eat sugar... She said "there's almost no sugar in it, it's actually really healthy, it's gluten free, made with black beans!" Lol. I politely declined again...

                  Comment


                  • If it is made of black beans and you can tolerate them you shoulda. Gluten I understand but a bit of beans would be a treat for me.
                    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

                    Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by OneBigDude View Post
                      Kind of a CW moment last night. MY sister has her daughter-in-law on Wed nights, so I make it a point to go visit every Wednesday for dinner and play time. My sister has been awed at the weight I've lost over the last year (around 100 lbs). She is super supportive, but doesn't quite get it. Most likely because she has been around 120 lbs her whole life and lives off of ice cream, cookies, and an occasional salad. Actually, my entire family is fairly thin, except for me. Everyone tries to remind her on Wednesdays, to make some primal dishes for me to enjoy. Doesn't really matter to me because I'm fine grabbing a rotisserie chicken on the way for myself. My niece, being only 3, thinks it's hilarious that I eat it right off the bone.

                      Well yesterday, my sister called to make sure I was coming after work and was excited to tell me that I didn't need to bring food and she made a great dinner or pork chops and broccoli. Perfect! I thought. No need to stop on the way and a hot dinner was waiting for me. When I walk in, it smells incredible! Everyone sits down to eat and she brings out the pork chops, breaded pork chops. She was soo excited and proud of what she had made that I didn't mention what the issue was. I ate half a pork chop and a bunch of broccoli. Then I picked up a chicken on the way home. She will get it one day
                      Aw, bless her heart. I have this happen too with my mom. She wanted to make these cumin roasted carrots, which were really good, but they were a side for chicken noodle soup.



                      Sent from....right behind you....
                      You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

                      Comment


                      • Read in the paper today, ways to stop yourself from getting cancer:

                        Don't eat red meat

                        Lord save me......

                        Comment


                        • Here is a good one...I keep kale chips on my desk at work for a little late morning snack. Yesterday I was in the back of the building and when I was walking back towards the front, I passed my boss who said, "What the F*** is that on your desk? It's awful!"
                          I kind of laughed and explained what it was. He really doesn't have any idea how I've lost so much weight over the last year and doesn't see what I eat for lunch. All he could say was, "That stuff is for rabbits. You're a big guy, too big to eat rabbit food. Let me know when you get some good snacks." Lol guy smokes 2 packs a day and lives off fast food. I can only imagine what he thinks a "good" snack is. Doubt it will cross his mind that I WAS so big because of "good" snacks.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Lottie92 View Post
                            Read in the paper today, ways to stop yourself from getting cancer:

                            Don't eat red meat

                            Lord save me......
                            Oh, all the media wants to do is sell ads. They'll use any reactionary headline to do it. My newspaper on Sunday had a big article on "healthy eating" -- no-fat yogurt, no-fat cheese, get in those servings of whole grain foods. Oh, and be sure to eat three meals a day with two or three snacks to keep your metabolism ramped up.

                            And what are the ads? For no-fat whatever, "baked" whole wheat crackers, "fruit" snacks with the first ingredient is a form of sugar.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                              Oh, all the media wants to do is sell ads. They'll use any reactionary headline to do it. My newspaper on Sunday had a big article on "healthy eating" -- no-fat yogurt, no-fat cheese, get in those servings of whole grain foods. Oh, and be sure to eat three meals a day with two or three snacks to keep your metabolism ramped up.

                              And what are the ads? For no-fat whatever, "baked" whole wheat crackers, "fruit" snacks with the first ingredient is a form of sugar.
                              And McDonalds. Don't forget McD's. But no one really tries to say that's healthy.
                              Out of context quote for the day:

                              Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

                              Comment


                              • Funny CW moments

                                I'm just going to leave this disturbing news item here.

                                http://kitchenette.jezebel.com/just-...4683494/+dodai

                                I especially like how the jelly bean milk is labeled low fat milk.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X