Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DUDE: It's all natural. Corn is natural. Anyone can grow corn. More liberal propaganda just like global warming. Hippies.
    6 hrs Like

    ME: Ha ha ha. Corn is not food!
    59 mins Like

    DUDE Really? Have you ever had corn on the cob? That's some damn good food.
    37 mins Like

    ME It's technically FEED, not food. Not that I wouldn't eat it if my mother-in-law served it to me, that would be rude. But you won't catch me wasting money on grains.
    35 mins Like

    DUDE Then feed me more.
    34 mins Like

    ME Go for it.
    2 mins Like

    ME I understand Wal-Mart has a great price on Round-Up if you want to dip it in there for flavor.
    2 mins Like
    Crohn's, doing SCD

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CaveBug View Post
      I recently moved and I found a health food store pretty close by so I ran in thinking I would pick up some gelatin, easy-peasy. I asked the guy there if he had any and he basically scoffed at me, "No, I don't carry that pig stuff. It's made with skins, tendons, bones, and brains and I won't ever stock it."

      I'm thinking to myself, yup, what's your point? Then he tried to recommend agar flakes No, I want gelatin because it has skins and tendons in it! Later while poking around the store it dawned on me, everything is plant based. Damn soy. Who told the vegan he could have the only health store around?
      This is why I like my local health store... I don't recall them stocking gelatine, I should ask, but all kinds of organic/free range animal parts? Oh yes. I love their chicken soup carcasses...
      Out of context quote for the day:

      Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
        This is why I like my local health store... I don't recall them stocking gelatine, I should ask, but all kinds of organic/free range animal parts? Oh yes. I love their chicken soup carcasses...
        I've seen gelatine at every health store I've been to in Calgary and Edmonton, so I'd be surprised if you couldn't find it where you shop. Health stores around here are great for stocking all kinds of nice animal parts.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CaveBug View Post
          I recently moved and I found a health food store pretty close by so I ran in thinking I would pick up some gelatin, easy-peasy. I asked the guy there if he had any and he basically scoffed at me, "No, I don't carry that pig stuff. It's made with skins, tendons, bones, and brains and I won't ever stock it."

          I'm thinking to myself, yup, what's your point? Then he tried to recommend agar flakes No, I want gelatin because it has skins and tendons in it! Later while poking around the store it dawned on me, everything is plant based. Damn soy. Who told the vegan he could have the only health store around?
          That's just depressing. ;(


          Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

          Comment


          • Huh. 'Health food shop' here in the UK means 'vegetarian (+ fish oil hidden away in capsules)'. It's where you go to buy your soya milk, gluten meat replacement and soya fake cheese, along with a small fortune in supplements in an attempt to overcome the deficiency symptoms. (Ask me how I know...)

            Comment


            • Ah yes the mystery of the "health food shop" with over half the shelf space devoted to pills and supplements!

              And don't get me started on the "healthy snack bars" they sell, made with grains, agave nectar, soy, and vegetable oil...

              But at least I can get local organic eggs at a very good price in one of my local ones. I dont know what they think when I go in and buy 5 boxes at a time. Perhaps they think I have a huge family!

              Comment


              • I like health food stores, they have different little odds and ends that you can only buy on amazon. But this one, jeeze, he's a little nuts.


                Sent from....right behind you....
                You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

                Comment


                • The independently owned health food store in our town sells local produce, dairy, meats, fish, eggs, honey, tinctures and skin care products. We are pretty lucky. I'm so glad our town is too small for Whole Foods.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                    The independently owned health food store in our town sells local produce, dairy, meats, fish, eggs, honey, tinctures and skin care products. We are pretty lucky. I'm so glad our town is too small for Whole Foods.
                    I just read that Whole Foods is looking into expanding into home delivery. They will do this by buying up some of the home delivery companies geared to healthy eating. All I could think was, "Oh no, you leave Good Eggs alone!" Right now, though, Good Eggs only exists in SF, L.A., Brooklyn, and NOLA, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're too small to be on Whole Foods' radar.

                    The other day I was talking to someone and I mentioned that I'm not very fond of sweet potatoes. I told him that I wasn't worried because I ate plenty of liver, so my VitA was covered. He looked at me like I was crazy. I guess it's because obviously plant VitA must be better than animal VitA.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                    B*tch-lite

                    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                    Comment


                    • First of all, I don't know what is wrong with YouTube's Algorithm that it recommends High Fructose Raw Vegan videos to me, but that's okay...

                      This is horrifying:
                      How I lost my period on a RAW VEGAN Diet
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ptJE79npA

                      holy cow. I don't even know where to begin with how many things are wrong with this.... menstruation is toxicity leaving your body?! O_o

                      Comment


                      • Staff members vegan daughter made cake. Complained while making it about having to touch cows pus and chicken embryos. Staff member said it was probably gonna be the last one she made.

                        Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hannakb View Post
                          Staff members vegan daughter made cake. Complained while making it about having to touch cows pus and chicken embryos. Staff member said it was probably gonna be the last one she made.

                          Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
                          Lol, cow pus! I completely forgot about that. Back in our vegan days that's what my sister called milk as well.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hannakb View Post
                            Staff members vegan daughter made cake. Complained while making it about having to touch cows pus and chicken embryos. Staff member said it was probably gonna be the last one she made.

                            Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
                            well when you put it like that cake just sounds even more delicious

                            no but seriously, that girl needs to nut up
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

                            Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

                            Comment


                            • My office is looking into the possibility of hiring a nutrition specialist and Weight Watchers coach and/or a Biggest Loser competition that includes a monetary prize at the end. I'm all for people trying to lose weight that they don't want, but the Weight Watchers thing would cost the participants $10/week for 3 months! It all just strikes me as rather silly that people can't take responsibility for their own health.
                              Depression Lies

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by lotusberries View Post
                                Lol, cow pus! I completely forgot about that. Back in our vegan days that's what my sister called milk as well.
                                I think that, for industrially produced cheap milk, it is not entirely inaccurate.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X