Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vikyb View Post
    I think it's also a backlash against the fashion industry in a way. The more skinny the models, the more our subconscious as a collective writes skinny people (even as a healthy weight) off as not natural, as an outlier. I'd love to be like the models of the middle of last century, curvaceous that's my aim!
    This.
    I actually have to admit that as a petite woman (when I'm not overweight!) I'm quite aware of the fact that as I get healthier, I will most likely be viewed as a weak, young woman. I'm 30 but even 70 lbs overweight people say I look 21-25. When I was thinner, I was often asked if I was old enough to be doing my job, driving, drinking, etc.
    Thats honestly something I'm a little concerned about... My weight has been my buffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by margalott View Post
      Pinterest is a literal treasure trove of backwards CW attitudes. It kills me to see " two ingredient healthy cake...have it for breakfast!!" And the ingredients are boxed angel food cake mix and canned pineapple.
      Omg. Yes! Those have me screaming at the screen: "cake mix does NOT count as 'one ingredient' are they serious?!"

Comment

Pinterest is a literal treasure trove of backwards CW attitudes. It kills me to see " two ingredient healthy cake...have it for breakfast!!" And the ingredients are boxed angel food cake mix and canned pineapple. Reading sometimes turns me into a total hater, I have to remember I used to drink that cool aid not too long ago.
        But brownies made by layering cookie dough and whole Oreos?!!
        But they are fat free!

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
          Omg. Yes! Those have me screaming at the screen: "cake mix does NOT count as 'one ingredient' are they serious?!"
          Confession: I kind of enjoy the feeling of superiority when I scroll past all that junk. I forget my own humble beginnings and just am smugly dismissive of it all.

Comment

Confession: I kind of enjoy the feeling of superiority when I scroll past all that junk. I forget my own humble beginnings and just am smugly dismissive of it all.
            Yeah, I've turned pretty judgmental of other people's food. I don't vocalize it that often, really, but I judge pretty hard...

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
              Yeah, I've turned pretty judgmental of other people's food. I don't vocalize it that often, really, but I judge pretty hard...

Sent via lightsaber
              I do this, too. Like a LOT. And I'm trying to stop, it's not positive nor helpful to be so judgmental of something that I can't control.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                But they are fat free!
                So are hair and gravel.
                I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
                SW (Feb 2012): 278
                SBF: 26% (Scale)
                CW (Sept 2015): 200
                CBF: 17% (Scale)

Comment

• I LOVE this thread!

The other month, The Sun, a British Tabloid newspaper was running a spin off diet magazine called "the no diet diet" basically it said that you can eat what you want and still lose a stone in 6 weeks. They said you can eat biscuits, cakes, chips, chocolate and whatever else you want as long as you had one good nutritional low calorie meal per day. Low calorie nutritional meaning whole grain for breakfast, I wanted to face plant the floor. BUT then I stumbled across this...

"You can eat a Big Mac Meal from McDonald's everyday and still lose weight"

This is the moment in time I actually wanted to run into a wall! How on earth are they even allowed to advertise this stuff????????

Cue early deaths and type 2 diabetes spring to mind....

Anyway, I met up with friends from UNi last month. One friend who is quite overweight and has been for a while, moaned about and never did anything about it finally said she was going on a diet. (Alarm bells start ringing in my head) she said that she is calorie counting and mentions how her breakfast is brown toast and lunch ryvita crackers with cucumber. I TRIED my best to not preach but I couldn't help it along came the "yeah but I've lost weight" but not mention you're gonna put it all back on munching on that pasta salad you bought in packet from the supermarket. Also how she had a massive dessert at the restaurant we went to, I just laughed hard and they all wondered why. All looked at me weirdly when I said I didn't want a pudding, but my clothes are fitting me and looking good, you're the ones all bloody moaning! The funniest thing was that she told me that she wouldn't look good if she got down to a UK size 12 because she is BIG BONED. Yes that old chestnut! I'm sorry but wouldn't anyone look better lean and toned than fat and flabby. Just excuses after excuses :/

Sorry for the long arse rant but you all know where I'm coming from!

Comment

• Every time someone says they're "big boned", I want to offer to pay for them to go get an x-ray. I want to see a fat skeleton; I've never seen one and would gladly pay for the experience.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by Lottie92 View Post
                      I TRIED my best to not preach but I couldn't help it
                      You know people have talked about the whole "not to preach" bit here before but I'm over that. I will preach and if they don't like it, well, it is there health to ruin.

I put it to someone like this the other day, if I'm about to step off a curb in front of a truck and someone shouts at me, am I going to say "I don't like the way you talk to me so I'm going to ignore you and step in front of the truck anyway".

People need to get over getting their feelings hurt or not liking to be preached to. They are killing themselves and I'm going to tell them, without the sugarcoating. They can take my advice, or not.

Suck it up butter cup.
                      Randal
                      AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                      Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                      http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• I was at a lunch meeting at work the other day, eating my bigass spinach salad w/ leftover steak and oil/vinegar dressing. The rest of the people were eating the sandwiches, chips, cookies, and pop that were brought in for the meeting. A co-worker was like, "You're probably getting close to your goal weight. Don't worry. Soon, you'll be able to eat these lunches again."

SMFH..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                          Every time someone says they're "big boned", I want to offer to pay for them to go get an x-ray. I want to see a fat skeleton; I've never seen one and would gladly pay for the experience.

Sent via lightsaber
                          +1
                          March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                          Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

• I went on a first date last night and the guy was telling me about how his friends have annual "food challenges." This year it was fried mozzarella sticks. The winner ate 45 in one sitting. Now, I've been known to eat some fried cheese in my day, but 45? Good lord. Later, when I explained why I wasn't eating the bread that was brought to the table (he asked, I didn't volunteer the info) he asked if I was celiac with finger quotes and scoffed about how gluten free is so trendy these days.

In short, I hate dating.
                            No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                            -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                              I went on a first date last night and the guy was telling me about how his friends have annual "food challenges." This year it was fried mozzarella sticks. The winner ate 45 in one sitting. Now, I've been known to eat some fried cheese in my day, but 45? Good lord. Later, when I explained why I wasn't eating the bread that was brought to the table (he asked, I didn't volunteer the info) he asked if I was celiac with finger quotes and scoffed about how gluten free is so trendy these days.

In short, I hate dating.
                              Me too. Hope to never again! Think I found a keeper this time! Our first date we went grouse hunting.

Comment

• The number of times i've heard some variation of the phrase, "You're body needs sugar. Any doctor will tell you that..." at my office...

UGH.
                                March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                                Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

Working...
                                X