Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Monday night at work, a coworker offered me sweet tea.
    "No thanks," I said, "I gave up sugar."
    Coworker: "Your body needs sugar! It's not healthy to go without!"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by reserge View Post
      She replied "OMG that is do bad for you!!! How do you kick start your metabolism?!"
      It's funny how some people think yer Metabolism is on a "switch" that needs to be "flipped on" with like, 6 or 8 small meals during the day. Especially by people who are obviously out of shape.
      52 year old Male
      Goal: 185lbs
      April 10th: 220lbs

      Comment


      • I've heard multiple times about how my metabolism is going to shut down because I 'skip breakfast'. Funny in itself, but even better is the ones telling me are overweight (but never skip the most important meal of the day) and have watched me lose 60 lbs by 'skipping breakfast'. Shame about my metabolism.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by PaleoPenn View Post
          It's funny how some people think yer Metabolism is on a "switch" that needs to be "flipped on" with like, 6 or 8 small meals during the day. Especially by people who are obviously out of shape.
          It boggles my mind that the 6-8 meals/day concept was brought over to people trying to lose weight, when it is used by body builders to add calories for gaining mass.

          Comment


          • Okay, so here's one.

            A lady I work with was sharing some candy with the rest of us and she got to talking and ended up mentioning that she used to be really overweight, but she lost some through eating healthy and exercising. But now she's intentionally trying NOT to lose weight because her auntie says she'll look sick if she loses any more. Also, she doesn't want to have to buy more clothes. So, in order to keep from losing weight, she consumes a lot of soda and candy now.

            Also, she's size 16 ... which is my size, so I know from personal experience that that's nowhere near being too thin.

            It's like, there's so much wrong with that, I don't even know where to start.
            My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
            (I try to update ... once in awhile)


            Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
            Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
            (Red Dwarf)

            Comment


            • Wow, buying clothes is my favorite part. I understand that family pressure though, as sad as it is. My grandmother has told me that if I lose any more weight my fiancé with dump me. My mom says that if I build any more muscle I'll look like a man. I'm neither too thin, nor muscular but Mexicans are pretty traditional like that. Still lifting and still eating well though. Can't live your whole life for other people.
              "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

              My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cyborcat View Post
                Also, she's size 16 ... which is my size, so I know from personal experience that that's nowhere near being too thin.
                I think you'd have to be really tall AND big boned to look "too skinny" as a size 16 (no offense Cyborcat!)

                I'm short, but I'm in size 0/2 and able to wear children's sizes before I'm worried about being "too skinny"

                Also, junk food would not be my solution to "too skinny"... Holy crap what's wrong with people!?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post

                  Also, junk food would not be my solution to "too skinny"... Holy crap what's wrong with people!?
                  No, that would be cannibalism. Steak and eggs would be a better solution. Or even cheese and chocolate rather than soda and candy.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

                  Comment


                  • I have been eating PB style for 3 months now, and am keeping my workmates updated with my weight loss (6.4kg so far) and my health improvements - low fatigue, better sleep, etc. I share recipes wit them and tell them what I have for lunch when they say ooh that smells good what have you got? and its invariably coconut curry, paleo pizza or something meaty, fatty and yummy.

                    But I will always without fail, be offered the opened packet of biscuits, the cupcakes, the chocolates, the crackers and dip, the party pies, the sausage rolls, the sweet breads, the scones, the doughnuts....

                    I go sit at my desk and have a spoonful of coconut oil. Makes them gag hahahaa
                    "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Cyborcat View Post
                      Okay, so here's one.

                      A lady I work with was sharing some candy with the rest of us and she got to talking and ended up mentioning that she used to be really overweight, but she lost some through eating healthy and exercising. But now she's intentionally trying NOT to lose weight because her auntie says she'll look sick if she loses any more. Also, she doesn't want to have to buy more clothes. So, in order to keep from losing weight, she consumes a lot of soda and candy now.

                      Also, she's size 16 ... which is my size, so I know from personal experience that that's nowhere near being too thin.

                      It's like, there's so much wrong with that, I don't even know where to start.
                      I get this all the time from my wife's family and a few co-workers. They keep saying that I'm skinny at 210lbs and shouldn't lose any more. They can't get past their prior reference of me as a fat guy. I'm by no measure skinny at my current size, and I'm planning to lean out a bit more (although adding some mass in the right spots).
                      I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

                      My Journal

                      Height: 6'3"
                      SW (Feb 2012): 278
                      SBF: 26% (Scale)
                      CW (Sept 2015): 200
                      CBF: 17% (Scale)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by accidentalpancake View Post
                        I get this all the time from my wife's family and a few co-workers. They keep saying that I'm skinny at 210lbs and shouldn't lose any more. They can't get past their prior reference of me as a fat guy. I'm by no measure skinny at my current size, and I'm planning to lean out a bit more (although adding some mass in the right spots).
                        It's also perception isn't it?
                        The population has gotten so overweight that it's the norm and your trying to be something other then the norm.

                        Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hannakb View Post
                          It's also perception isn't it?
                          The population has gotten so overweight that it's the norm and your trying to be something other then the norm.

                          Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
                          I think it's also a backlash against the fashion industry in a way. The more skinny the models, the more our subconscious as a collective writes skinny people (even as a healthy weight) off as not natural, as an outlier. I'd love to be like the models of the middle of last century, curvaceous that's my aim!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by vikyb View Post
                            I think it's also a backlash against the fashion industry in a way. The more skinny the models, the more our subconscious as a collective writes skinny people (even as a healthy weight) off as not natural, as an outlier. I'd love to be like the models of the middle of last century, curvaceous that's my aim!
                            I drop one more dress size and I'll be the same size as Marilyn Monroe!!!


                            Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Just now! It happened just now.

                              Lady at work told me if I can be good, so can she (referencing my ability to say no to the above mentioned office 'treats'.) So she told me that she had some scones at home this morning, but was 'good' and only had jam on them instead of cream or butter.

                              Point = missed
                              "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

                              Comment


                              • Pinterest is a literal treasure trove of backwards CW attitudes. It kills me to see " two ingredient healthy cake...have it for breakfast!!" And the ingredients are boxed angel food cake mix and canned pineapple. Reading sometimes turns me into a total hater, I have to remember I used to drink that cool aid not too long ago.
                                But brownies made by layering cookie dough and whole Oreos?!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X